Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:04:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFishbane - RELEASED AND OUT OH MY GOD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Fishbane - RELEASED AND OUT OH MY GOD  (Read 22422 times)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 05:19:36 PM »

PF: Oh yeah I remember that working for you. I would assume muku has tried that, but if not maybe it will help!

mokeysmokey [I am sorry for butchering your name thusly] :
Collisions fixed.
Level 5 the right way is meant to be pretty tough :D so, I'm glad.
And good job.

[[ I have a friend who got stuck on the 4th level ;_; ]]

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2010, 08:36:31 PM »

RELEASE DATE: SOON

The bidding for FISHBANE will end in six days: that's... what, July 1st? Cool! Canada Day!

Okay, and then I will work with my highest/best bidder to make things just dandy and it'll be totally awesome and hopefully it won't take too long and then FISHBANE will be out.

And you'll all be able to play it.

... Those of you who haven't already, that is.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »

Darn it. I'm going to be away Canada day weekend. I'ma go check when I get back.

(short pause)

I'm getting back on the 4th, so I'll get back probably a day or two after you release it, not that bad really, but still not right away.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »

It'll probably take a day or two for me to make the changes my sponsor requests (branding and shit like that) so don't worry moke! You probably won't miss the grand opening ^^

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »

Fishbane was a man!
I mean, He was a diving man.
Or... maybe he was just a diver.
But he was still FISHBANE!!!

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2010, 10:32:42 PM »

:DDD mokesmoe that's awesome.

Okay, uh, I feel like I should do something.
I have been talked into (half talked into, since it is a good idea and would be fun to do) making a physical manual for FISHBANE and running off a few copies.

What would I do?

1. I might give away copies to the first few people (10?) to beat the game. That would be kinda cool. Maybe opens it up to hackers but that could be tested for and not really in the spirit of things.

2. Maybe run some other competition-type things because, let's face it, I love the fanart you people made and it would be awesome to see more >_>

3. Could sell some copies too. I have no idea how much interest this thing would get.

Also, FISHBANE will be going through bidding for just a couple more days before I get to accepting one sponsor, once and for all.

Wish me luck in getting some bids in that time [I don't have high hopes for that happening, though!]

---> this is just a way to sate my neverending desire to fit more FISHBANE into my life. If I sell any copies they'll probably be cheap + shipping. What do you think? :3
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:59:04 PM by Droqen » Logged

offal
Level 0

goblet lifestyle

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2010, 11:46:41 AM »

okay, so!

fishbane is due up any time now. cheers to those who have been following along. this has been an exciting time, and it's great to know we'll be able to share the game with everyone really soon. last time i wrote about design stuff, this time i'm going to get a bit deeper into the history of the project, details about the development environment, and the sponsorship process. also, some love for certain particular community folk.

coming off of probability zero, droqen had been brewing ideas and little prototypes, and was ready for the next project. while discussing new directions, i asked about the profit he was making on gamejolt, which, he informed me, was about the price of the lunch we were chatting over.

a while later, we talked about the feasibility of flash sponsorship for our own personal projects, given that it was a way to continue to work on games that would be freely available to play, and possibly see a reasonable cash return. making and sharing cool stuff has been droqen's focus, so this sort of compensation was really a secondary concern. around this time chevyray released his excellent flashpunk libraries, and droqen promptly got to work on something cool. unfortunately the project didn't quite pan out. the primary reason was a conceptual snag in the construction of a good challenging system within what was initially a cool toy. ultimately, droqen decided to put further work in this direction on hold, due to a fundamental disagreement with two parts of his original plan for the project.

and then along came ogmo ed. i was really excited when i first caught wind of the project, and once i heard from matt that it was out the door, i poked droqen to give it a spin. a few false starts later, and something gorgeous began to emerge. revisiting an old theme with a new approach, the fishbane we know today was born.

early development progress on fishbane was played a little closer to the chest. droqen was excited to be working on something that showed such great potential, and was driven by the rapid development speed afforded by ogmo ed. he hadn't previously designed games oriented around level structure, mainly due to the rapid pace at which his ideas took form in code. prior to fishbane, droqen's focus was on procedural playing fields, such as the system used in probability zero.

not long after the first prototype, the majority of fishbane had been completed. while there was additional content and final polishing to be added, the core of the game was ready. and then, we started sharing what we had. the great responses from tigs on irc, and in this very post, were crucial to the final product. some of the fan artists even ended up lending a hand with in-game assets. the positive feedback from people we love (sparky and locomalito, amoungst others) was awesome.

with game in hand, sponsorship was the last stop. we tried flash game license, but ultimately it wasn't much help. after mailing potential sponsors and uploading a demo, we waited hopefully. and then, a couple weeks ago, droqen got suddenly excited over irc. a rather nice looking offer, from a fondly familiar fellow.

the hunt for a sponsor was without a doubt the most resistant part of the process, but after hearing from tom things have been a breeze. we have a soft spot for newgrounds, and the ease of getting the game up and running with their help has made for a rather nice conclusion to the whole process.

so thanks everybody!
and thanks droqen, for this wonderful game.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:46:55 PM by offal » Logged
Ashkin
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2010, 06:54:02 PM »

Hand Clap Grin
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2010, 11:24:17 PM »

Hey! Listen! FISHBANE is OUT!
FISHBANE

Okay, so, I had my own story to tell. I had an idea and everything but I've forgotten it because it's been like half a day. Damn it!

FISHBANE has been a success in my books. I don't know if I could have made more money, but at the moment money isn't really what I care about.

So... let's see.

offal is right! About everything. I had a train of thought but I didn't get on it when I had the chance so alls I can do now is sit around like a fool ): but that's okay! That's okay because you can just go BE FISHBANE. RIGHT NOW.

Hell yes.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2010, 12:53:09 AM »

I don't know if I could have made more money, but at the moment money isn't really what I care about.
That can wait till Fishbane 2.
Anyways, congrats on finishing this game, and I fully expect it to end up on the front page. If not, I will punch a small fluffy animal.
Plattfisk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2010, 12:59:18 PM »

This game is very awesome.
But man, getting the last two fish on Death Beach was pure punishment. Crazy
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2010, 04:38:42 PM »

My game crashed after I beat the first screen of scary places. I cried.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »

music is stuck in my head.

fuck.
ChevyRay
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2010, 04:52:56 PM »

Congratulations on the release Smiley good to see this being played now!
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2010, 06:02:02 PM »

Sir Raptor: What a coincidence that I found several kittens in my backyard today!

Yin: Thank you. + I love those fish <3 I hope you managed to get them in the end, though? o:

mokesmoe: I shall weep with you ): congrats on getting so far :]

allen: It's the worst when that happens ;_; especially when trying to go sleep. I like having good sleep that is not constantly being reminded of FISHBANE damn it!

ChevyRay: Thanks! I'm so happy that it's out and people seem to be loving it. Yay!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:27:05 PM by Droqen » Logged

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »

David's pretty a cool guy.

Also:
My fingers hurt. You sure put the total jerk in pixel perfect jumps.  Smiley
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2010, 07:35:08 PM »

mokesmoe, Kiss

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2010, 08:13:44 PM »

Gentleman
Can I see this manual you are talking so much about?*
*Electronic form would be plenty.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2010, 08:32:19 PM »

It is not yet made.

Also it may never be made available in electronic form o:

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2010, 09:46:26 PM »

What's with the red switch in last part of lonely valley? It isn't needed for the fish solution. It's also near impossible to activate and escape. (still possible, but probably the hardest jump in the game.)

The second-last part of scary places is much harder than the last, including the fish solution.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic