Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:40:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGNarcoleptic Soccer Rush! *Completed*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Narcoleptic Soccer Rush! *Completed*  (Read 48783 times)
Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »

Well it's about time for an update.

The walls of the arena have been added in (still lack collision with them though) and the billboards were posted up. I think this screenshot is funny because the player fell asleep at the same time as the print screen.

You can see the goaltender (striped in black) that we finally implemented (AI is a little dumb though). Coincidently he had fallen asleep by the time I got to him, typical situation in NSR. Smiley

edit: Seems imageshack took out the images. Hosted somewhere else.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 11:36:30 AM by Gazillion » Logged

Gravious
Level 2

"Swedish meatballs"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 05:47:59 PM »

This looks incredible, i cannot wait! zzz

One day I'll think about doing something to stop procrastinating.
Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »

After many sleepless nights we are proud to release Narcoleptic Soccer Rush! Take part in the Narcolympics as one of four teams in the most realistic narcoleptic soccer game since... EVER.

Features:
* Intense soccer action
* Four teams to select from
* Realistic narcolepsy simulation
* Everyone turns a blind eye to punching
* In-game advertising
* A soccer ball
* Streakers? (Rated PG-13 for partial nudity)

Screenshots

Critics say...

"That is amazing."
-Toastie

"IM giggling with the [...] shear possibilities with this game."
-TeamQuiggan

"Brilliant work :D"
-Zaphos

Controls

KeyWith ballWithout ball
ZShootPunch!
XPass the ballSwitch currently selected player
CN/A2 sec. boost
ArrowsMove selected player/AimMove selected player

Tips

* You can punch players to temporarily stun them and take away possession of the ball.
* You can aim your passes to the nearest player in the direction you are heading.
* You can aim your shots to the top corner, middle, and bottom corner of the net.
* You can wake up sleeping players by punching them.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2008, 01:21:03 PM »

Is this amazing?
Yes. Yes it is.

Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »

If anything goes wrong while playing let us know. We think we squashed all show stoppers though.

I'm glad you liked it though, I'm just sitting here refreshing the page repeatedly like an over protective father hehehehe  :D

(this is our first finished/released game)

Ciardhubh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2008, 01:26:33 PM »

There's a nude guy running after the ball!  Shocked

Once I'll stop giggling, I'm going to say: best football game EVER!!1one
yugge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2008, 01:38:13 PM »

Hahaha, this is awesome. Finally a Soccer game without the offside rule  :D
Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2008, 01:39:58 PM »

Yeah we slimmed down the rules a little to simplify the game. The ball can still go out of bounds and it should be kicked back in play accordingly.

shockedfrog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2008, 01:44:28 PM »

This was always going to be a good one, the punching makes it even better Smiley If they haven't added punches in any of the FIFAs yet, this will surely inspire them for the next one!

Any chance of offline two-player, and maybe the option to change the match length?
Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2008, 01:56:21 PM »

There's no plan to make a multiplayer version yet. We had debated making it a single player game or a multiplayer for the competition and figured most people who'd check the entries would be alone on their PC.

We could change the time and if ever people find 5 minutes too short we could upload a different version (we just wanted people to get through at least one match).

Here's a zip file with the game files for the one who had asked for it (sorry for some reason your reply disapeared)

http://www.zhost.ca/nsr/nsr.zip

Zedix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2008, 01:59:24 PM »

Wow it's great to see all the positive comments, thanks! Smiley We had a blast making this game and spent many nights awake laughing while designing the game, which I guess is the main goal of this contest haha. Hope you'll have as much fun playing it as we did making it!
shockedfrog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »

I actually felt more like 5 minutes was maybe a little too long, though I was brought up on a diet of 3-minute Speedball 2 matches. Smiley

Came across one bug - not sure exactly what caused it, but after one of my goals, the opposition keeper appeared to have centred himself a bit above where he'd usually be (standing to the right of the goal instead of in front of it) and couldn't run down to stop any shots, which made that game a bit one-sided.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »

i tried the .zip archive and the executable inside crash throwing a System.IO.FileNotFound exception, now i'm downloading the one with the installer

edit: why the hell your installer is downloading and installing directx without asking? O_O

edit2: tried, the naked guy running around was a nice funny touch
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 02:27:32 PM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »

The installer is grabbing parts of directx that you don't have which are needed for XNA to run.  The reason why the .zip crashed for you was probably because you were missing something in your directx install (it doesn't install the whole thing)

The installer also checks if you have the XNA redistributable installed and if not it will run the webinstaller.

Basically the .zip will only work if you have:
* .Net 2.0
* XNA redistributable
* directx 9.0c

edit: Sorry if that upset you. I posted a message explaining what our setup file does on the top page and what is required to run the zipped version.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 02:27:41 PM by Gazillion » Logged

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »

oh xna, okay Smiley

uuuhhmm i found the 5 minute matches good, more lenghty than not, maybe a break after 2:30 mins showing a funny scene would be the best thing to add

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Zedix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2008, 09:09:37 PM »

Came across one bug - not sure exactly what caused it, but after one of my goals, the opposition keeper appeared to have centred himself a bit above where he'd usually be (standing to the right of the goal instead of in front of it) and couldn't run down to stop any shots, which made that game a bit one-sided.

Oops, looks like that one slipped by us at the end! I'll try to get that fixed!
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2008, 05:59:33 AM »

This game is funny! The players being randomly ineffective is so funny. My only problem is its too easy. I won 10-4 my first game. It helps when the opposing keeper can't seem to stay awake and let 3 in while sleeping.

SPOILER
If you attack the net from about 2/3s down and kick it to the other direction, the opposing keeper will not stop it. Its worked every time I tried.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2008, 10:06:10 AM »

I don't know why, but the game doesn't seem to work on my machine. I downloaded the installer and it installed all sorts of directx uploads and the VisualStudio distributable, but now when I try to start the game it throws an error saying that the application found a problem and had to close, no explanations.  Sad

Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2008, 10:17:55 AM »

I don't know why, but the game doesn't seem to work on my machine. I downloaded the installer and it installed all sorts of directx uploads and the VisualStudio distributable, but now when I try to start the game it throws an error saying that the application found a problem and had to close, no explanations.  Sad

Could you try running the game from the executable in the folder you installed it in? We ran in a similar problem when the installer was making "bad" shortcuts. If its not that we'll have to look into it further.

(What's your machine's specs?")

Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2008, 10:34:37 AM »

Could you try running the game from the executable in the folder you installed it in? We ran in a similar problem when the installer was making "bad" shortcuts. If its not that we'll have to look into it further.

(What's your machine's specs?")

Apparently it's not the shortcuts. Sad
My specs are as follows:
  • Windows XP
  • 803 Mhz
  • 320 Mb RAM
  • NVidia GeForce2 MX 100/200

I re-installed the game, but again, nothing.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic