Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:40:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGNarcoleptic Soccer Rush! *Completed*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Narcoleptic Soccer Rush! *Completed*  (Read 48957 times)
Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2008, 12:43:31 PM »

Wow thanks for the in depth review I totally appreciate it.

- Inconsistent pixel size: I hadn't even considered that while scaling our images. I usually develop in a 32x32 pixel grid and from the scale using nearest neighbour but sometimes doubling the size (which is what we did with the player) didn't quite work like with the field (that is scaled by a factor of 4). In future games I will definitely take a closer look at how we scale things. Thanks a lot for mentioning this because I honestly never noticed that it broke the pixelated style.

- The icons in the thought bubbles: The biggest problem here is the soccer ball. Initially we had "zzz" for when they slept but we thought it wasn't dramatic enough. I think the '$' and the heart are clear but the soccer ball comes off all jagged and ugly. I had noticed this and its my laziness that kept me from fixing it. Thanks for the kick in the butt though  Tongue this will teach me not to cut corners.

- Music: We searched the web for a tune that we could play throughout the match. We had though of "Old Timey" (the one in the video) but we feared the music would get obnoxious while playing so we decided to strip it out.

Thanks for the positive feedback too, I'm glad you enjoyed it  Grin

Zedix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2008, 01:08:02 PM »

Thanks for the great comments! This is one of our first completed games, so we'll definitely take those into consideration for future games, and maybe one day we'll revisit the game Smiley

Oh, and my thanks for telling Gazillion to stop slacking off when he finds mistakes in his art :D Yes, everyone's a critic!
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2008, 11:23:08 AM »

The title to this one is great. The games not bad either. Having your men fall asleep when they're closing in on goal is really frustrating, but in a good way. One change I'd like to see though is when you fall asleep control automatically switching to the closest awake player. Hope you continue to develop this one. Good stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic