Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:24:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSam Zeid's Epic Game Post
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sam Zeid's Epic Game Post  (Read 1366 times)
zeid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:56:52 AM »

So since the start of this year I have been working on an iPhone game.  It is coming along quiet well and will be going into beta testing soon.  So I am trying to get it as much coverage as I can to round up a posse for said testing.

You play the game by bouncing your player character upwards too safety away from a rapidly approaching monster.  Your only control is your ability to draw trampolines that you can angle in order to manoeuvre the characters bounce.  Sounds simple enough, but not with the numerous enemies and items included.

After working on the game for a little it became apparent that some higher power was guiding me to make a game that would shine out from the typical crud floating about on the app store.  On that note prepare for a dump of the art variety.

Screenshot:

The player character:

One of the enemies from the game, note his symbiotic nature.  When approaching these guys you have to be careful the red bean men on the bottom are combustible and the flying jellyfish have butterfingers.  You can take advantage of the jelly if you manage to get the jump on him; land on them and they will bounce you upwards:

These little guy’s suck you and other objects towards them, this can be good or bad depending on the circumstance.

This freaky little imp duplicates into a copy of the player character if you touch it.  Two times the number of characters to look after makes things a lot trickier.

Swarms of bugs fly upwards in columns.  When you see the little ones coming past you best chose which side you want to be on, because passing through them is nigh on impossible.

For more details and to get more regular updates check out my official devlog at:
samzeid.com

Feel free to give feedback on what you have seen so far and what you like/dislike about the game concept.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:05:44 AM by zeid » Logged

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 04:51:51 AM »

Love the art! I am not thrilled by the idea of the mechanic but that is just my taste. Good luck!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic