Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 01:09:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSuper Crate Box
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Super Crate Box  (Read 36279 times)
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2010, 01:22:14 PM »

I cant download the new version at all Sad I want to play

is the link not working? could be a problem with dropbox, is anyone else having this?

easynam
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2010, 01:26:54 PM »

The link works fine, but for some reason the download just cancels itself 60% of the way through.

Also the previous version was awesome Smiley my high score is 49.

Froshin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2010, 03:02:13 AM »

I love it! I'm to lazy to go into details atm... but it's great.

Also, if your out of ideas, tell me so and I'll think up some guns for ya... What the game really needs is tons of, TONS of guns. It already has plently, but you know... More guns please.  Gentleman

woodley
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2010, 05:50:09 PM »

more like Super GREAT Box!

Awesome game. I especially like the shotgun and the revolver... Katana is sweet too.
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2010, 11:37:03 AM »

working on those tons of weapons

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2010, 08:48:38 PM »

Nice.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Swattkidd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2010, 03:02:18 AM »

I have no idea why but when I was downloading the latest version my avast anti virus went slightly wild screaming "Threat Detected"  Epileptic any ideas?
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2010, 09:12:43 AM »

Some virus programs falsely (we have to take Yoyo Games' word on this part) report game maker games having a virus in them.  I think it was fixed with later versions of GM, but I'm not positive.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Swattkidd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2010, 01:52:51 PM »

Some virus programs falsely (we have to take Yoyo Games' word on this part) report game maker games having a virus in them.  I think it was fixed with later versions of GM, but I'm not positive.

Ahh okay, I figured it was something like that, and even if it did have one, this game was worth it  Ninja

Also I kind of liked the sounds, however the sound when you die gives me a headache.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:30:42 PM by Swattkidd » Logged
ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2010, 02:51:34 AM »

I love all of the sounds; they're pretty incredible. My brother noted how significant the bass is; we both think it's really cool that the pitch of a lot of the sounds is really low. It sounds great with headphones or a nice subwoofer.

By the way, I am casting my vote for this crazy new weapon to be named something like "napalm mortar"... Because napalm, in addition to being a cool thing in itself, is a nice word.
(If it already had a name in the video, I must have missed it. Tongue )

EDIT: Yeah, apparently I can't read. Hahaha.

Are you planning on releasing any new builds before the release of the completed game?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:39:06 PM by Machine Saint » Logged

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2010, 09:53:15 AM »

http://tig.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Crate_Box

If anyone wants to add anything, go ahead.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 01:46:32 AM by Esquar » Logged

lucyisssi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »

restart button?

jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2010, 04:33:52 AM »

restart button?

r

ptoing
Pixelhead
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2010, 08:58:57 AM »

I could not play 1.3 at all. I got an error. Program could not be executed or something like that.

v1 however works and is good fun. Tho I have to say, PLEASE use Chevy's scaling code, there is a tut somewhere around on these forums. It is either tiny or blurry ass.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »

Holy shit, this game is so addictive. I envy you so much for coming up with the idea of picking up new weapons being the objective of the game. One bug I noticed: if you die while loading the laser cannon, the beam still fires, although the weapon is already gone.
Also, I don't know if it's a bug or what, but I have some serious problems pulling my friends away from the game Wink

Edit: While playing extensively I encountered a message about C:\WINDOWS\system32\SAMLIB.dll being broken, the game crashes and refused to start again telling me about an unexpected error. It is Windows XP sp3 and a restart didn't help.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:59:57 AM by Netsu » Logged

tmth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2010, 09:58:53 AM »

I'm gonna strangle you if there is no DS port of this.

jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2010, 08:24:29 AM »

Holy shit, this game is so addictive. I envy you so much for coming up with the idea of picking up new weapons being the objective of the game. One bug I noticed: if you die while loading the laser cannon, the beam still fires, although the weapon is already gone.
Also, I don't know if it's a bug or what, but I have some serious problems pulling my friends away from the game Wink

Edit: While playing extensively I encountered a message about C:\WINDOWS\system32\SAMLIB.dll being broken, the game crashes and refused to start again telling me about an unexpected error. It is Windows XP sp3 and a restart didn't help.

try removing crates.sav from the folder, that should hopefully fix things.

I could not play 1.3 at all. I got an error. Program could not be executed or something like that.

v1 however works and is good fun. Tho I have to say, PLEASE use Chevy's scaling code, there is a tut somewhere around on these forums. It is either tiny or blurry ass.

: O

delete crates.sav from the folder?

scaling was done before you asked <3

ptoing
Pixelhead
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2010, 09:39:49 AM »

There is no crates.sav. the problem remains "error executing program" also now it tells me there is a trojan in it. Did not do so last time I downloaded 1.3, probably avast update i guess, and probably false alarm anyway.

Either way, still not running.

I'm gonna go and have myself a chocolate croissant.

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:51 AM »

I give it an AA+

Just curious though, what is survival mode going to be? Waves?

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2010, 10:23:34 AM »

How much is considered a high score? Because my girlfriend just scored 114 :D

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic