Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 09:27:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSuper Crate Box
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Super Crate Box  (Read 36274 times)
Mr. Yapper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »

btw:

yeah i'm a big fan of this game and i think my best is now around 140.

Woah. The most I've had is 40 on hard mode...
PleasingFungus
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 10:10:38 PM »

My max is 19. (On hard, that is.)

I feel weak!

Finished games: Manufactoria! International King of Wine!
And others on my site.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 10:53:30 PM »

Things that maybe should be improved:
-Crocodile? player is hard to tell apart from the zombies
-Dual pistols should be more effective
good one, skins will be pickable but I'll change his color probably.
Wait, don't change his color!  Because

hi
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 03:30:59 AM »

today is rockday, working hard on this, getting menus and shite and a bit of challenge mode done (:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:34:12 AM by jwaap » Logged

Mr. Yapper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »

today is rockday, working hard on this, getting menus and shite and a bit of challenge mode done (:

Can't wait for this! When do you reckon it will be done?
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 11:51:55 AM »

I like the inclusion of a little stick penis in your picture.

Adds to the realism.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 01:33:08 PM »

Yes awesome!

hi
Kunal
Level 1

is feeling Bit.Core.Trippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 04:06:09 PM »

Pretty awesome. I would second the randomly-generated-weapons-idea. Since the high score is tied to picking up crates, you don't even have to worry about 'balancing' any weapons.

Personally I would like to see a dual-katana-lightsaber.

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 04:57:19 PM »

This game is very enjoyable.  Fast action and the variety of weapons makes for a wonderful mix.  Only thing about the high kill score is that it is very easy to camp with the mini-gun, and if that scoreboard was online, I'm sure someone would write a macro which would run for an insane amount of time and easily destroy any real scores.

One possible way to fix this would be to add ammo (or in the case of the katana, breaking.)  This would change gameplay a bit, but it might be interesting to try.  As long as the ammo is in decent quantity, so only prolonged camping would run out of it, it might make the gameplay even more hectic.  I say try it and see if it fits.

Also, fun side game is to not fire your weapon at all and see how many crates you can get.  My best so far is 9.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 05:10:39 PM »

Aw man I wish I could play this game. I've actually downloaded an early version but the latest few haven't worked for me. When I run them I get this error at start up.
Code:

for object LevelSelect:

Error in code at line 5:
   draw_text(room_width/2,room_height-40,"best: "+string(UberCont.best)+" crates: "+string(UberCont.crates)+" kills: "+string(UberCont.kills)+" deaths: "+string(UberCont.deaths))

at position 65: Unknown variable best

Otherwise the game looks sweet and I would love to see coop and random weapons.
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 10:45:57 PM »

This game is very enjoyable.  Fast action and the variety of weapons makes for a wonderful mix.  Only thing about the high kill score is that it is very easy to camp with the mini-gun, and if that scoreboard was online, I'm sure someone would write a macro which would run for an insane amount of time and easily destroy any real scores.

One possible way to fix this would be to add ammo (or in the case of the katana, breaking.)  This would change gameplay a bit, but it might be interesting to try.  As long as the ammo is in decent quantity, so only prolonged camping would run out of it, it might make the gameplay even more hectic.  I say try it and see if it fits.

Also, fun side game is to not fire your weapon at all and see how many crates you can get.  My best so far is 9.

you get score for crates not kills, I made that whole mechanic so that it wouldn't need ammo or something boring like that and to keep players moving/not camping

Aw man I wish I could play this game. I've actually downloaded an early version but the latest few haven't worked for me. When I run them I get this error at start up.
Code:

for object LevelSelect:

Error in code at line 5:
   draw_text(room_width/2,room_height-40,"best: "+string(UberCont.best)+" crates: "+string(UberCont.crates)+" kills: "+string(UberCont.kills)+" deaths: "+string(UberCont.deaths))

at position 65: Unknown variable best

Otherwise the game looks sweet and I would love to see coop and random weapons.

oh you have to get rid of crates.sav, your old savefile! then it will work fine

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2010, 12:28:37 PM »

I made a fan art.

hi
increpare
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 12:31:20 PM »

restart button?
ortoslon
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2010, 01:47:42 PM »

restart button?

[R]
increpare
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2010, 01:48:15 PM »

oooops
jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010, 12:33:27 AM »

I made a fan art.

c o o l !

BoxedLunch
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2010, 08:11:33 AM »

when this is finished, it will be a cult classic. i just know it.
Kevin
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2010, 02:11:50 AM »

Ha. I had no idea it was unfinished. I chalked up any less-polished bits to intentional quirkiness and loved every minute of it.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 01:47:30 AM »

I've played it a lot more, and I take back my comment on the sound effects from before. It was only a few of them that seemed harsh, such as the entrance of the red critter from the top, the siren like noise. Aside from that the game is far too addictive to even consider this a negative feature at all.

I can't honestly see anything i'd want to be different about it. Maybe instead of some of the crates having weapons, you keep your weapon, but gain a different ability, fast running, half the size, as big as the big guys for a couple of seconds, or something, I am sure the TIG force and yourself can think of actual good ideas on that front. But yeah that's just an idea of addition onto what you have, it's already great, i kinda wish i had it on my ipod!

Mr. Yapper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »

My friends love this. Installed it on school computers today by using some little exploit to get past the software restrictions. It made lessons a lot less boring today.

We usually play Mario Bros at school on GBA but we ended up playing this to see who could do better. It was awesome.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic