Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:29:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Heart of Chzo
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Heart of Chzo  (Read 16629 times)
Eagle0600
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 01:42:35 AM »

Blood flow sounds like a bad hazard to me, since it could push the players away from each-other.

I like the idea of Cabadath appearing, but there'd have to be a way to make sure he's not a TIGBoxer at the same time.

The way I envisage it, he would raise his staff, wait (how long?) then strike anyone who's there.

Alternately, he could lay in wait for anyone to pass by him, then attack them. If no-one passes (or is knocked in), he jumps back to the eye.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 01:53:41 AM »

Blood flow sounds like a bad hazard to me, since it could push the players away from each-other.
I like the idea of moving characters, but the only problem i forsee is it breaking up melee combat too much, giving an advantage to long range characters like liero and iji.
Maybe, but if they're on the same side of the stage, it won't split characters up.

Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010, 05:40:10 AM »

we could just have dacabe as a stage hazard rather than cabadath. that would make more sense plotwise anyway

Lo
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 05:54:19 AM »

we could just have dacabe as a stage hazard rather than cabadath. that would make more sense plotwise anyway

He's less iconic, I think, and would confuse the hell out of anyone who hasn't played 6 Days.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 07:18:26 AM »

He's less iconic, I think, and would confuse the hell out of anyone who hasn't played 6 Days.
Chzo him/itself confuses the hell out of me, having never played 6 Days. Some of these characters and games are so obscure, it doesn't really matter what we put in or leave out.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2010, 07:28:34 AM »

Chzo him/itself confuses the hell out of me, having never played 6 Days. Some of these characters and games are so obscure, it doesn't really matter what we put in or leave out.

Chzo is a theme throughout, appearing in Notes and suggested at in earlier games and makes a good level because he(it) is sort of a place in him(it)self. The only other place that I could think of would be DeFoe Manor, but it's not quite as vivid.
I'm not saying it's not obscure, but since we seem to be looking for iconic levels, Chzo certainly is memorable to those who have seen it.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2010, 07:38:50 AM »

Chzo is a theme throughout, appearing in Notes and suggested at in earlier games and makes a good level because he(it) is sort of a place in him(it)self. The only other place that I could think of would be DeFoe Manor, but it's not quite as vivid.
I'm not saying it's not obscure, but since we seem to be looking for iconic levels, Chzo certainly is memorable to those who have seen it.
I'm still running from the undead captain in 7 Days... Sad
But hey, whatever works, I guess.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2010, 08:58:08 AM »

Also, Dacabe is a bit of a spoiler.

thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2010, 01:08:25 PM »

This sort of just came to me, but to make it a little less vanilla, could we add spouts/fountains of blood that slowly rise and fall. They would not only act as platforms but push players who run into to the top. Sort of like the Fountain of Dreams stage from SSBM
Enshoku
Level 1

woooo~

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2010, 11:56:40 PM »

I agree with making this stage a less "vanilla" stage than others. Its the heart of chzo, of all places, it should at least be able to compare to, say, norfair from ssbb in terms of putting people on edge, though not using the same methods of course. When it comes to maps you'd expect to be abused the hell out of on, I cant think of any map more deserving than the heart of chzo.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic