Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:56:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGSamurai Railroad Mansion (Updated!download on first post)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Samurai Railroad Mansion (Updated!download on first post)  (Read 76035 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2008, 06:00:11 PM »

thanks for the tips lurk, you rock. Smiley

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 07:41:55 PM »

Finished! One hour to go! Living on a razor's edge! Love these competitions! Download on first post (rapidshare)! And so many thanks to Lilix for the wonderful music!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 08:07:13 PM by Lurk » Logged
ichi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 06:58:10 AM »

Cool! it takes forever to load, but it worked smoothly once it got going.
It's simple and fun, but the amazing art really makes it shine.
I love how everything sketches into view, the train was especially cool. however, wouldn't it be cooler if the player had to avoid the train's column when it's coming?

also, I could see this working as a DS game.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:05:40 AM by ichi » Logged
lukipuk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 07:29:02 AM »

Oh man, I can't download it Cry! The rapidshare site says something like "You have reached the download-limit for free-users" Angry, Can you upload it to another place please?
Slang
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 10:52:46 AM »

Absolutely stunning artwork but unfortuantely the game decides to lock up after I strike down the first opponent Cry
Somebody at the Indiegames blog suggested to split graphics and sounds from the main exe to speed up the loading process. Might be worth a try...
Another person reports that during the game controls suddenly become "completely unresponsive".   
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 12:08:57 PM »

i'll vote for that, best game in the compo so far, both in art and gameplay

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 01:39:34 PM »

I'll comment on it as soon as I manage to download it from that  £%§#@ing rapidshare Angry

AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 02:32:36 PM »

Awesome minimalist gameplay, very intense, obviously beautiful artwork, honestly the weakest point i think is the music, the rest of it just rocks me inside and out, great job!

cup full of magic charisma
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »

I can't even get it to load! It's too big for my crappy computer unfortunately... Which sucks, because it's byfar the sexiest game in this competition IMO.

Oh well... Maybe one day.
yugge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 03:36:45 PM »

Aw, noone should ever have to resolve to Rapidshare. Here is a mirror for you http://www.random-soup.com/samurairailroadmansion1_2.exe

Good Game btw <3
Kinten
Gentleman Scholar
Level 3

You be suspicious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2008, 03:40:19 PM »

Its been said before, but just as a courtesy Ill say it again: Your artwork is delicious, love it!
Do you have a portfolio or something? I want to see more!

lukipuk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 06:45:56 PM »

Although I managed to download the game, it just doesnt work for me...It seems to stuck at the begginig of the game, when I'm asked to press the 'Z' key Sad. I have a Win XP here...
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2008, 11:08:58 PM »

Very fun game! I love how you were able to get such an exciting feel from what would otherwise be a very simple gameplay mechanic.

I only made it up to level 5 after a few tries. I'm not entirely sure whether it's just my late-night poor reflexes or the game, but the timing for the boxed-up claw ninjas is really tight on my computer. How possible is it to survive if you get two at once, or one boxed-ninja plus one sepia-toned laid-back bushido?

It's been said a lot, but the artwork is phenomenal, both from an objective standpoint and a gameplay standpoint. Every enemy is easy to distinguish in a snap by both its shape and color palette. Well... sometimes I have trouble telling when the blue enemy is dishonored himself, but since it's a conscious choice to wait before attacking him, that plays in pretty well with deeper risk/reward mechanics when you've gotten the earlier simple enemy patterns memorized. Very well done! Grin

Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2008, 03:00:06 AM »

Lukipuk: Actually, I get the same problem on my own pc, I'm still trying to resolve it. It seems whenever the game changes room (or restarts a room, which explains the slowdown/freeze some people have been experiencing when killing their first 'wrong' enemy) it gets really slow. If anyone knows how to optimize room change in game maker (or room restart), that would help a lot. Else, just do what I do to start, press a few times quickly until you hear the starting sound. Same for the intro screens. I think I'll try a one room next.
Noyb: Wait until you get to the ghosts.. Shocked...
Kinten:  For now, it's better for me to fly under the radar. But soon, I'll share the love Wink
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2008, 03:11:41 AM »

Fantastic... I really love it.  Got as far as the ninjas after a few plays. Kiss

Man, I hate those first guys!  Trying to get Bushido with them is probably the number one cause of deaths for me in this game!  I should just kill them on sight... Cry
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2008, 07:58:03 PM »

I've been reworking the engine to make it faster, with faster load times.  I will have version 1.3 ready to download this friday or saturday, with highscore tables, a new level(chinese garden) and 3 new characters for your enjoyment. Here's a sneak peek, meet the wushu master

Blaster
Pixelhead
Level 1

*wiggle*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2008, 08:47:38 PM »

Woo!
I'm one of the unfortunate people whose computer can't seem to handle your game, and I really want to play it.
Like others have said, your artwork is most-awesome.

Pixel Art: Portfolio || Twitter: @pita_akm || Tumblr: silver deluxe
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2008, 12:05:25 AM »

The game is great (of course) but sometimes a bit difficult and some situations seem impossible, especially when 3 ennemies appear at once for example and attack at the same time (happened a couple of times). I know that, on the higher levels, it is better to kill the blue guys as soon as they appear , but the brown guys for example are almost always impossible to deal with when they gang up on you.
Also not easy when you have two crates at the same time, it becomes a matter of luck because reaction time is too short to change line.
Still an awesome game, and I love to discover the new levels and new graphics each time I progress Kiss

lukipuk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2008, 11:29:56 AM »

so how's your progress on optimizing this? I'm really dying to try this game  Cry
PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2008, 11:32:58 AM »

Here's a sneak peek, meet the wushu master

It's plain awesome, I'm totally envious of your skills man.  Shocked  Kiss

"Fun is rule."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic