Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:38:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Does suitable free software exist for this?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Does suitable free software exist for this?  (Read 1325 times)
Dataflashsabot
Level 2

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »

The bone movement is the thing I like best about Construct. I'm a shit animator, and a 2D bone system makes all the difference to me. But I now want to use AGS again, and the thought of hand animating everything gives me a headache. Since Construct obviously has no way to export animations (sort of using Fraps or something), I need something else. Apparently Anime Studio has this, but that costs money, and quite a bit at that.

Basically, I'm looking for a standalone animation system that allows me to make a skeleton, attach images to each bone, animate it using keyframes, and export to individual images/strip/gif/whatever.

I just can't find anything suitable Sad
Anyone know of anything appropriate?
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 09:48:31 AM »

Here's a related thread:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=11189.0
But it's a technique that I think deserves more attention so carry on.

EDIT: I'd like to add squash-and-stretch to the feature wishlist.
Derakon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:22:08 AM »

You could probably adapt Blender to this. Just because it's a 3D modeler doesn't mean it can't work with 2D images. You just need to set the camera correctly and put your body part images onto textured quads. Clunky, but free, and it has good keyframing/stretch/squish/etc. capabilities.
Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 11:20:51 AM »

i once animated some 2d graphics by mapping them on a simple "two dimensional" 3d mesh. I used the mesh as "bones" and keyframe animated it... it worked ok. maybe you can do this technique with blender and render the results...
you could look at http://www.synfig.org (i think it has cut out animation support).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic