Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:33:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhere's my damned arsecast?!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Where's my damned arsecast?!  (Read 14424 times)
LineOf7s
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007, 03:51:28 AM »

R.I.P old Arsecast format.   Cry

Understandable - it's a lot of work, and it takes a lot of effort to pretend you have a life to lead  Wink - but I always looked forward to the next one.  It was like a bunch of games reviews presented by Monty Python.   :D
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2007, 12:45:40 PM »

Well, it's time to say R.I.P as I've axed the audio. Sad

It was taking too long and resulting in everything forming a backlog rather than more regular posts as I hoped. There's a better explanation on the site (second post down, the top one is some "news" stuff) but I'll still be doing the interviews as audio obviously.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2007, 02:32:19 PM »

It's a shame, I really enjoyed the podcast. Good luck with the blog format though.

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2007, 02:43:57 PM »

Actually, within the last half an hour I think I've found a best of both worlds approach. Basically have the written articles and reviews and then once a month or so do a talky podcast, but it won't be scripted. But as I can't wing it on my own I shall be doing over the telephone with another chap from the indie/retro gaming world. As there's no script to stick to and just a broad itinery of subjects to cover it'll be a piece of piss and the rough nature of it means less editing. It's a win-win situation! Smiley

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2007, 03:05:16 AM »

Nut as I can't wing it on my own I shall be doing over the telephone with another chap from the indie/retro gaming world.

Good to hear... or rather, will hear.  In my own experiments, I found it really tough to make a "talking to myself" show interesting, short of perhaps devolving in to a split personality.  Even then, multiple takes later, my improv/storytelling is weak.  Good luck, and may the arse be with you.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2007, 03:45:22 AM »

I still think you should record it down the pub.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic