Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:56:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGBrain-Damaged Toon Underworld
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Brain-Damaged Toon Underworld  (Read 78753 times)
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2008, 04:57:56 PM »

Also, what exactly does the title have to do with the game?
Do you know what a toon is? The underworld bit wasn't covered in the snippets of dialogue in the demo, but it's there. I was a bit liberal with "Brain-Damaged" and figured that it could be represented by the weird plot/characters. There will be further brain damage in the game, though.

I gathered the 'toon' part (although, wouldn't that term apply to all abstract video game characters, in a way?), but, as you said, the other parts of the title really aren't covered in the very short demo.  All the same, the title has a nice sound to it, and I look forward to seeing some semblance of absurdist storyline in the future.

bigbossSNK
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2008, 02:07:58 AM »

Your father saw your dancing and he said it was not good.
If that's not a clear enough sign of brain damage on his part, what more would you need?  Wink
gustav
Fez Nonbeliever
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2008, 02:39:04 AM »

I gathered the 'toon' part (although, wouldn't that term apply to all abstract video game characters, in a way?), but, as you said, the other parts of the title really aren't covered in the very short demo.  All the same, the title has a nice sound to it, and I look forward to seeing some semblance of absurdist storyline in the future.
I do believe you're nitpicking, good sir!

medieval
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2008, 02:42:14 AM »

Didn't you see father's brain damage even more by the lasers?
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2008, 10:37:35 AM »

I do believe you're nitpicking, good sir!
By no means do titles always have to perfectly match everything in the game.  However, I thought that in the spirit of randomly generated names, everything in the title should at least be inferred.  This game does a pretty good job of that, though not everything is clear in the demo.

medieval
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2008, 10:55:03 AM »

By no means do titles always have to perfectly match everything in the game.  However, I thought that in the spirit of randomly generated names, everything in the title should at least be inferred.  This game does a pretty good job of that, though not everything is clear in the demo.
Actually, everything is very clear to me  :D
Corpus
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »

I'd say that people being imprisoned against their will (the worst of all varieties of imprisonment) is pretty shady. Pretty... underground.

As for brain-damaged, a crazy old gent has sapped colour from the world in order to create... a dancing partner. Not only that, but he immediately decides to kill his creation when he realises that it isn't all that great.

He crazy!
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2008, 02:59:46 PM »

So... short! This looks like it will be totally amazing, but I'm afraid I can't vote it up in the competition with so little to play through.

That said, the design in this game is masterful. I really like the under-saturated colours and the smooth motion juxtaposed with thick lines and hard edges. The Dadaist elements in conversation and presentation were really enjoyable, and I'm totally excited about the full version.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »

Not sure there is anything I can add that hasn't already been said above, so...

PEEPO! PEEPO!

Good stuff.

godsavant
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2008, 07:23:35 AM »

My god, this is one of the most polished and creative games I've seen; the art style is fantastic (with the dancing and all) and I love the level design, and how the spikes didn't actually hurt you.

Oh, and even though I nearly went insane when I relized the demo was over, I loved the "The End" screen.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2009, 02:07:19 PM »

Is this game still alive? If it's not, could somebody rehost the demo since will host for food was shot in it's gut. Smiley
pecet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2010, 05:11:50 AM »

Vaporware?

PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2010, 04:12:55 PM »

Dear Brain Damaged Toon Underworld,

I remember your silly trailer and still think of you often. I wonder: were you already released? When I search the internet, all I can find is some kind of website blog that was updated last in the year 2008. Did I miss your download? Did everyone forget about you?

Right now as I write these letters down on paper I'm so sad, thinking about your weird bobble-headed characters being in stasis, not able to bounce around or do whatever they are going to do (and I'm still excited wondering).

Please write back, Sincerely Your friend,

PsySal
irishladdie727
Level 0

The dude abides.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »

I second the request for somebody to rehost the demo.  Seriously, anybody who has it on their hard drive, just put it on mediafire and we can all bask in what could have been.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »

I might still have it. Prolly not.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic