Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:02:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsAttack of the Giant Naked Men - MTTJ #1 [finished]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Attack of the Giant Naked Men - MTTJ #1 [finished]  (Read 4831 times)
Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: May 21, 2010, 03:08:47 PM »

Edit! Finished!
Download - windows

Current screenshot:

-----------------------------
Giant statues of naked greek dudes attack, brought to life by SCIENCE! to destroy us all. This is the inevitable future of mankind.

A tower defence game. Protect city from giant naked dudes. Very basic gameplay done, lots of cool twists still to get done.

is 320x240 with 16x16 tiles too small? Obviously I intend to draw them better... but i'm thinking I should maybe double that so I can get more detail in, I mean, you can barely tell those guys are naked... Embarrassed
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 08:21:54 AM by Tifu » Logged

Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:43:13 PM »

Gameplay getting more balanced, new towers being made.

In addition to getting a small amount of money from destroying the giant statues, by building viewing platforms, you can charge people money to take photos of the monsters as they pass by. They may be giant naked statues that are going to destroy us all, but they are still art.

The main thing to be doing is getting the difficulty balance right, I guess. Right now it's too difficult at first, and then it gets way too easy, way too fast.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »

ha, I love the enemies and the city in comparison. A TD game seems like a great fit for the theme.
Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 02:50:37 PM »

I forgot to mention holding the right mouse button shows the enemies' health! It's very useful! Undecided

And I recorded a time lapse thing of my work to help motivate me (you read less stupid comics/sites/etc if you are being recorded!)

deathtotheweird
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 03:26:28 PM »

This game is really fun and full-featured. Incredible you got it done in 48 hours.

It is a little easy, but that's ok.
Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 11:22:55 AM »

Thanks!

I suppose in retrospect I should have spent less time making weird and game-breaking support towers, and instead used that time to try and make some music. I learn something for next time, I guess.

Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 08:43:27 AM »

I just beat Attack of the Giant Naked Men.  It is such a fun game.  Good amount of challenge in the game. I had to restart some levels over, and over, but this made victory all the sweeter.  The statues are well done.  The towers are creative, well varied and fun to use.

Nice job making such an enjoyable game, especially in such a short amount of time.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
belbeeno
Level 1

video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 02:31:07 PM »

Congrats on the win!

@belbeeno - website
Buy my dang game, Factory Hiro!
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 06:22:42 PM »

Congratulations Tifu, a very well deserved win!

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 02:33:48 AM »

Thanks Smiley

Let's hope for dozens of entries next time Beer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic