Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:37:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsClaustrophilia Released!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Claustrophilia Released!  (Read 19046 times)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »

I understand altered.

There used to be a game mode which was 'touch a lot of blocks' but it kind of exposed itself to exploitation...

so now there's altered, in which you must flip blocks back and forth as many times as possible (in total). If they're all ice, go to fire.

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »

Jep Droqen is right. That's how it works.

the fact that the white text persists in the background can be a bit distracting (I'd put 'em in the background)

I don't really get what you mean. They're in the background right? I though it would be fun for people to try to move the blocks around so they could read the messages. There going to be a lot more of 'em btw :3

Anyways, soon there'll be a big update with all kinds of new stuff and awesome things, hooray! ^^

increpare
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »

I don't really get what you mean. They're in the background right? I though it would be fun for people to try to move the blocks around so they could read the messages. There going to be a lot more of 'em btw :3
They're in the background, however they stand out contrast-wise far more than the player or the blocks do overall, and they never really change.  When someone looks at the game, the most prominent thing is the text in the background rather than the stuff that's happening in the foreground.  I find it distracting.
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2011, 12:26:39 PM »

They're in the background, however they stand out contrast-wise far more than the player or the blocks do overall, and they never really change.  When someone looks at the game, the most prominent thing is the text in the background rather than the stuff that's happening in the foreground.  I find it distracting.

Ah, I see. I'll look into it :3

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2011, 12:49:42 PM »

Game mode suggestion:

Go from left wall to right wall as many times as possible?

This is highly enjoyable, and I look forward to seeing this new stuff you say there is o:

increpare
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2011, 01:32:41 PM »

I can almost imagine a pinball-style quest mode working, whereby you're given one of the modes as an object "touch X blocks, repair X blocks" and when you've done that another random task is given.

How about a mode where you have to stay on the ground for as long as possible, or to stay still without touching controls for as long as possible?  they might take some more prep time, though :/
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2011, 08:55:22 AM »

Game mode suggestion:

Go from left wall to right wall as many times as possible?

This is highly enjoyable, and I look forward to seeing this new stuff you say there is o:

Dude, can you read my mind!? That was exactly what I was planning to do with Space mode (the one that's now called Airtime). We thought Airtime wasn't really fun and jumping from wall to wall would be ^^ awesome!

I can almost imagine a pinball-style quest mode working, whereby you're given one of the modes as an object "touch X blocks, repair X blocks" and when you've done that another random task is given.

How about a mode where you have to stay on the ground for as long as possible, or to stay still without touching controls for as long as possible?  they might take some more prep time, though :/

That is a very interesting idea. I think we will implement that, cool! thx ^^

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2011, 10:28:58 AM »

Hey there guys!

We're working on this project again! ^^ Ingmar and I are both done with highschool now, so till uni starts we'll have plenty of time to round this baby up. Wizard

There have been many changes since the last post and I have no idea anymore what they all were, so I guess you should just play and find it out yourself. Hand Any Key Smiley Hand Joystick

The main reason I'm writing this post is because we have a question for your guys. Ingmar has drawn a new set of borders for around the levels and we were wondering: do you like the borders better when they stick out (or in, I guess...) or when there is a clear edge at the edge of the playing field? you can check out the difference (only on alter mode, sorry) by toggeling both versions with the letter Q.

Thanks in advance! Gentleman

Cheers,

Maxim

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2011, 04:28:35 AM »

Hey guys!

We decided to not make this a flash game anymore, but an actual desktop game game ^^. We're going to try to get Steam to sell Claustrophilia for around 5$.

I just finished making the gameplay trailer Smiley Have a look:

So yeah, the game's as good as done. Now we'll just have to wait until we can publish it Tiger

Cheers,

Maxim

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2011, 09:31:24 AM »

Hooray! We've released Claustrophilia.

You can buy it here:

Or try out the game here:

Cheers,

Maxim

increpare
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2011, 03:16:08 PM »

Played through the demo.  Feels good, man.  (wouldn't want to guess how many sales you're going to get - but regardless, be happy that ye made something cool Smiley ).
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2012, 05:16:28 PM »

increpare showed me the demo for this today, correctly guessing it would be something I would enjoy. Loved it man, can't believe it's your first game! Wall-to-wall mode in particular was a really elegant mechanic.

Not that I have a game on steam yet myself, but my honest advice would be to polish the graphics a bit more before pitching the game to them, in particular the menus (first impressions can be a bitch). Good luck!

Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2012, 02:17:25 AM »

Holy shit!

You have no idea what this means to me! Both of you are like my indie game dev heroes, idols, whatevs. Smiley
Thank you so much for your kind words Gentleman

Cheers,

Maxim

increpare
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2012, 06:13:47 AM »

you should edit the original post to link to the demo, btw
Evan.Greenwood
Level 0

Indie Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2012, 08:25:55 AM »

Claustrophilia looks awesome! I absolutely love the squeezing and the death animations.

Congrats on getting to a stage of completion. I know how hard that can be!
Angelbait
Level 1

SCARY!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »

Grats on the completion!  This looks great and I will be trying it when I get home!  Have a beer and relax!  Toast Left Grin

Current: Cows With Guns           BLOG/TWEET/FB
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2012, 11:20:32 PM »

you should edit the original post to link to the demo, btw

Good idea Smiley

Claustrophilia looks awesome! I absolutely love the squeezing and the death animations.

Congrats on getting to a stage of completion. I know how hard that can be!
Grats on the completion!  This looks great and I will be trying it when I get home!  Have a beer and relax!  Toast Left Grin

Thanks guys! Gentleman

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic