Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:32:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessPlease get a Flattr account!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Please get a Flattr account!  (Read 3162 times)
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:12:48 AM »

I got an account in the beta of Flattr and I see that there is almost no game in the lists.

I can't find any reason for you all to not just try to get an account and put the famous Flattr button on your websites!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »

Going to try it out!

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 11:01:44 AM »

I foresee a dark future where websites are just a collection of buttons linking to Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Flattr, Whatevar... Concerned

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 11:05:27 AM »

That future will not be : there are plans between Facebook, Twitter, Google etc to gather their buttons under a common one that would simply open a little window showing what you can do. All websites will be able to use it for free instead of having buttons for each application.

Anyway, here it's not really the same thing : it's more about a "give me some money love" button than facebook-connect-like buttons.

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:27:25 AM »

Hey guys, click on my flattr button please :3
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 12:47:22 PM »

I foresee a dark future where websites are just a collection of buttons linking to Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Flattr, Whatevar... Concerned
Not the future, it's the present

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 01:07:29 PM »

I can't find any reason for you all to not just try to get an account and put the famous Flattr button on your websites!

oh no?

"Flattr is currently in Beta and an invite is required to signup."

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 01:27:16 PM »

I thought that would be a problem but I got report that if you register your email now you'll certainly get an answer very soon, like in the hour. I registered months before (after reading news about it--it's made by the people behind thepiratebay ) so I talked about it at a digital comics association meeting I organized and they tried to get an account and got it very quickly.

This kind of system is certainly hard to beta-test if you don't have A LOT of people with an account...

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 01:39:54 PM »

thanks, will try it, but the 'made by people behind the pirate bay' doesn't inspire confidence

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »

Well from what I know about them (way of thinking, ideology, etc.), I think they are the people the most suited for the task actually.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 02:02:35 PM »

I have a flattr account.

Right now they won't let me activate it though because of remaking stuff so I can't add money.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 04:50:40 PM »

Well from what I know about them (way of thinking, ideology, etc.), I think they are the people the most suited for the task actually.
On one hand : social idealism, on the other hand: elastic morality.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 03:55:15 AM »

The problem I have with Flattr is that it doesn't do what I want.

Flat rate encourages content creators to be as mainstream as possible and to produce the smallest possible amount of content necessary to attract a click. It's perfect for something like Sinfest - a three page monochrome comic strip that comes out daily. But it's profoundly terrible for a typical (non-Flash) videogame which takes months to create and might only be played by a few tens of thousands.

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »

I totally agree.

That's why I think some people here that just make little experiments we like might benefit a bit with this system.

Now, I think Flattr can be a good way to complete another model around your "products", like selling your game on Steam but still allowing people to send a little bit of support to your team (of 1 person or more).

That said, some people with big games to sell might not agree with the moral of adding a way to give you money for nothing. I think if there is a system to know who gave you some money, you could simply send a bonus thing, something in-game or maybe some exclusive artworks or something?

Anyway it might be a good base for a new model we didn't think about before.

SimonLarsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 11:56:17 AM »

Revenue to Site Owners: Site Owners receive 90% of the contributed revenue (monies contributed by Flattr Users and distributed to the Flattr accounts of Site Owners). Flattr retains the remaining 10% as its fee.

I really like the concept, but 10% is just ridiculous.
CyanPrime
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »

Do I have to pay for a account to add a button though? Cause that's a big concept flaw if I do.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 12:47:08 PM »

If you don't pay anything, you can't recieve anything.

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »

Yes you have to have at least 2€ in your account to make it active. The logic behind is that you have to give to take. Or something like that.

By the way, Flattr isn't the only system that provide this kind of service, I've seen another one few weeks ago but cannot remember the site name...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic