Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:50:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsApril & Booster vs Ultra Fleet of the Havoc Elite Armada
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: April & Booster vs Ultra Fleet of the Havoc Elite Armada  (Read 6206 times)
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »

Finished the GAME part of the game. Startin on cutscenes. Incase you were wondering why I over-thought April, this is why. Oh and I know I keep changing what she looks like, but this is now the final concept.

I am SO SO SO gonna regret this :/
+Thanks to everyone who's posting. I thought this game was pretty good, but so far only like 5 guys have said anything.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:43:21 PM by I_smell » Logged
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 02:55:19 AM »

Man, such a cool concept, and the gameplay is cutesy and fun too. Can't wait to play the full version (I got to the walker boss thingy, but beat him really quick after I got lucky with a power-snitch blast). Kudos! Gentleman

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 12:31:14 PM »

It's a neat concept and I really like the theme; I'll be waiting to see where you go with it.  This is my "encouraging you" post.  Grin

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
adam a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »

It's shaping up well man, sorry there haven't been loads comments, everyone's probably to busy eating ice cream!

I played the new demo, I think it makes sense to make the big screen clearing shot come up less often and the golden bird works ok. I would make the standard shot more powerful though, like sometimes I would shoot a little bird at one of those little triangle dudes and he would just sit there and take it, an I'm all like "come on, give me a break". When you have to collect ammo for every shot the shots should be a bit more powerful IMO, either that or, like I said before make each bird you eat give you more than one shot.

I'm looking forward to the cutscenes though, the art so far can't be faulted, it's very cool. Have you got a proper story worked out? All I can think of right now are the cutscenes / conversations you have with the bosses in Bangai-O (like this guy).

Anyway, keep up the good work.

I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 07:29:24 PM »

No, the first scene is literally: she comes out of the house, the dog wakes up, they both start jogging, the dog grows giant, she rides it, they start flying, and go- with a bunch of really good camera movement and punctuation on certain stuff.
The second scene is the end- They both land and get ice cream, thanks for playing.

I COULD do boss convos, I like stuff like that and I've done it before, but I want these characters to be completely oblivious to all the action, and I like that the game changes so much without ever stopping.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 10:37:46 AM »

Ok, finished the intro.
My problem now is that I've got NO CLUE what kind of sound to put over it, or to put on the title screen.
AndroidScholar1
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 05:25:35 AM »

Dear god, this game looks so simple, yet absolutely amazing. Can't wait for the final version Smiley it's shaping up really nicely!
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 10:50:07 AM »

Ok, the game's 99% done and up for bid.
If you've got a FlashGameLicense account, you can go play it.

I requested no logos over gameplay.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:53:44 AM by I_smell » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic