Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:09:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Looking for talented Pixel Artists! Side scrolling Platform
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Looking for talented Pixel Artists! Side scrolling Platform  (Read 1959 times)
Mcjaws
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2010, 08:47:37 AM »

Hello everyone,

I currently cannot divulge the name of the game company I work for just yet, nor would I think it would make much difference as we are a young, new startup company with no current reputation. The company is currently working on business applications for mobile devices, although we have recently created an independent game division specifically for the iPhone/iPod touch /iPad devices.

I can tell you that I have previously worked at Gameloft for 4 years, 2 of which were at their HQ Paris. I started my career at GL as a Game tester in Montreal, Canada and quickly rose to a management position that allowed me to work alongside all departments, both from the production and the business side.

I am now looking for the most creative, imaginative freelancing pixel artists for an original 2D side scrolling platform destined for the iPhone/iPod touch /iPad devices. The project would start in June or Beginning of July and the time spent on the project from you can be up to 3-4 months.

The project

•   60 Levels
•   1 Main character
•   6 Story NPCs
•   6 Bosses
•   30 NPCs with variations (different colors, add-ons)
•   9 themes and Backgrounds (with some possible variations; Night and day, rain, etc)
•   Around 200 animations, minor and complex
•   Around 50 effect animations
•   UI , menu and dialogue boxes

Additional information

•   Style of the art is somewhat flexible although we are leaning towards a simplified, retro look. It should be semi-realistic and provides a nice balance to please both children
        and adults.
•   Most of all the NPCs are not humanoid. They are currently extinct
•   We want great expertise on the animation to bring the characters alive
•   This isn’t an ordinary platformer. It gives homage to the late eighty’s console games but will bring originality to the gameplay
•   No blood, no unnecessary violence. Colorful, fun and clean
•   Tileset 16X16
•   Characters pixel can widely range from small to large

Full details of the project will be provided and shared with candidates once an NDA has been signed

Payment

First and foremost, we are looking for talent. Although due to the size of this project we are looking for at least 1-2 pixel artist with prior commercial project experience (1 year +). This is why our rates can be between 15-50 USD/hour.

You bring us the experience and talent, we will pay you accordingly.

Payments can also mean:

•   Advance payment to begin work
•   Monthly or Milestone based payments

We are looking for:

•   Concept Artist (can be done by pixel artist or not) that can bring a simple, fun, stylized look to the game. Must feel very comfortable and confident drawing fauna and flora
•   2-3 Pixel Artists to do:

1)   Character and NPC design
        2)   Animation
        3)   Tileset and Background
        4)   User interface

You will require signing an NDA and Contractual agreement.

The position does not need to be local. We are currently based in Bucharest, Romania so if you live in Europe we could discuss the possibility of meeting and/or working on the project in our studio. In all cases you will require to be reachable during the week and have minimum weekly Skype meetings.

We wish to begin the project as soon as we find the right people. Experience and talent is great, but we also want you to bring the same passion to our project as we would. In return we want you happy and to have a wonderful experience working with us.

Contact

You can send all your questions, including your resume and portfolio, to Jasson DOT michaud AT gmail DOT com

Thanks !

Jasson
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 09:16:49 AM by Mcjaws » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic