Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:31:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallInvader Attack, physics based, top view, 3d shoot them up for Windows
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Invader Attack, physics based, top view, 3d shoot them up for Windows  (Read 20301 times)
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 07:19:39 AM »

Why are people liking my site and my game then? Am I sensing a bit of a thing called jealousy on your side? The game you referred to is ridiculous, a year of development is stated on the site!? Maybe for a beginner.

Jealousy? *sighs* Forget it... this is a waste of my time.

I will tell you now though if your response to criticism is going to be "well I'm right and you guys are just jealous of how awesome I am" then you're never going to be very good.

codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 07:26:02 AM »

Like I said kids are liking my site and my game, you're too old dude. My game is not for you. Trainyard game you advertised previously is not worth $1.99, I'd pay 1 cent at the most, but won't purchase it at all, since I'm able to make such game easily. So the statement about the maker of that game spending more than a year is a bit insulting too.

I do like criticism, when its not as deceiving as yours. I like constructive, not evil, criticism.

You should see what Jamie made, to see the game that is worth $1.99 and more:

http://bit.ly/qwakappstore

... now that's a game kids love, its actually for all ages. I loved it since the Amiga.

Be smart, be brutal, they're invading!
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 07:34:21 AM »

Like I said kids are liking my site and my game, you're tool old dude. My game is not for you. Trainyard game you advertised previously is not worth $1.99, I'd pay 1 cent at the most, but won't purchase it at all, since I'm able to make such game easily. So the statement about the maker of that game spending more than a year is a bit insulting too.

I do like criticism, when its not as deceiving as yours. I like constructive, not evil, criticism.

I was trying to help you actually, I was suggesting how you could improve your site. By moving your game info to the front page, spelling out your unique selling point into some easily read bullet points.

I wasn't even attacking your game since at the time I hadn't tried it, I was explaining to you what lead to my initial decision not to download it. So you could take this into account and make improvements so more people would try your game.

Since you want people to buy your game I'd have thought your best tactic would be to figure out what are the hurdles to people giving it a go and removing them, rather than telling them they're too old and wouldn't get it.

I also think you insulting that TrainYard game like you're doing now is way out of line. Their game looks really nice and you're being a bit horrible about it just because I suggested they've got a nicer website than yours. I was just using them as example of good marketing. I could pick a hundred other games with nicer websites too as examples.

codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 07:43:14 AM »

I'm sure that game you mentioned has potential, I just noted the downsides, which are pretty obvious. My site's ok, because I'm developing more games, the game page, where all the games will be listed, is going to grow, so moving Invader Attack to the front page makes no sense at all. Its quite different when you got just one game. I'm already 50% done with the second game, third comes soon after.

But, I do thank you as your tone, in your last message, is much better  Beer!

ghostwheel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 08:16:46 AM »

I think you guys are being way to hostile because he's new. One of the reasons I rarely post on the forums.

I Dream of Ghosts devlogs: Official and Tigsource. Finished game: Super Brick Bros 2: A Machine for Bricks TURBO!
Snakey
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 08:17:57 AM »

I wasn't being hostile at all. But you know, whatever. He can take our opinions however way he wants.

I like turtles.
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 08:27:46 AM »

I think you guys are being way to hostile because he's new. One of the reasons I rarely post on the forums.

I wasnt attempting hostility, just constructive feedback. I think your conspiracy theories are even less helpful.

codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 09:06:12 AM »

@Perrin .. you seem incapable of understanding what's someone telling you. Ghostwheel only noticed something that, for a normal person, is obvious. You, on the other hand, are a hypocrite and an evil person incapable of doing anything but spreading evil and confusion. You see me as a competition, which is quite normal, and this is something I expected on this forum, that is the sole reason I asked what you think about my game. But, to continuously spread evil, might mean you're experiencing problems on more than one level.

Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 09:43:28 AM »

You, on the other hand, are a hypocrite and an evil person incapable of doing anything but spreading evil and confusion.

Awesome!

codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 11:16:48 AM »

... and you're loving it!

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »

Maybe ghostwheel didn't read the thread. Perrin's comments are on the mark, and not nearly as harsh as they could be.  He is neither "jealous" nor "a hypocrite" nor "an evil person."  Saying things like that makes you sound like a lunatic.  Perhaps you should take a breather before posting again-- Nobody here is out to get you!

codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »

Well, first of all he trashed my game by saying its amateurish with old and basic graphics. Then, he posted link to some game as an example of a good game. The game he posted link to is extremely basic, with flat 2d graphics, that can be done easily and quickly. At that point, he kinda disclosed his true intentions and his true nature.

But, I don't mind, it actually makes me proud that people find my work intimidating and me as someone who is a strong competitor.

Cheers!  Beer!

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »

Facepalm

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »

Wow! This thread turned into a car crash pretty quickly.
Well, first of all he trashed my game by saying its amateurish with old and basic graphics. Then, he posted link to some game as an example of a good game.
I think this is the source of your confusion codergames. Perrin clearly starts out by saying your website is amateurish not your game. He even goes on to say that he didn't even try the game because of that. You seem to have misread this and thought he was insulting your 1337 game coding skillz. I have to agree with everyone about the awards from download sites being pointless. I Googled one of my games once and found that it had tons of five star awards from download sites I'd never even heard of let alone submitted it to. Anyway, codergames I hope you see sense and realise people are merely trying to help, and that critique does not equal insults.

Good luck Gentleman

codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2010, 12:55:35 AM »

I understood that, but since people like my design, I'm working as a web developer / designer too, for over 10 years, Perrin's intentions should be obvious. I'm being contacted by people saying how site looks impressive. Of course, these people are people who are not web designers, I don't expect my competitors will say anything good about my site or my game.

I reviewed sites giving awards and they don't seem to give awards to each and every software, that's the main reason I decided to put those rewards. Example:

http://www.x64bitdownload.com/categories/free-64-bit-games-entertainment-arcade-downloads-7-80-0-d.html

My game's 7th on that page as of this writing and its the sole game having both awards, 5 star award and a 64 bit compatibility award. Its good to know editors of award sites tested the game, run through multiple configurations and decided to award it. Most of the games are not having any awards, they only award quality games.

You should have taken the same amount of time checking out award sites, as reading the posts here. Its as easy to trash someone's service as its easy for Perrin to trash someone's site and someone's game implicitly. But I admit, you got me deceived for a minute there with your statement about awards.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2010, 01:59:10 AM »

Why are you here? You're obviously not interested in constructive feedback. And I know you didn't post this in the Feedback forum, but whenever you make something public (that you furthermore charge money for), expect people to give their opinion of it. If you can't take that, then A) don't reply to people's feedback or B) keep your game to yourself. Perrin took the time and effort to write you detailed feedback and you reply with a juvenile "You're just jealous!". Your site is a mess. That's not even opinion -- it's pretty close to objective fact. Having a wall of text on the first page of your GAME SITE makes no sense. People want to know about the GAMES on the very first page. Not have to click THREE PAGES DEEP. The other game Perrin linked to does exactly this. No wall of text. Just a big trailer that explains the game.

It takes maturity to accept negative criticism as well as postive and you obviously lack that maturity. If you're just going to counter each and every negative comment with "Well, other people like it!", you'll never learn and grow as a game maker. Whatever, I probably shouldn't have taken the time to write this since I'm obviously just jealous of your massive success... *sigh*

EDIT: Oh, and I get "awards" sent to my email address pretty much once a week. They're just a means for these sites to get their links on other sites and thus improve their search rating. They are very much worthless and putting them on your site does indeed scream amateur. But, again, I guess I'm just jealous and trying to get rid of the competition...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:05:23 AM by chrknudsen » Logged

Laserbrain Studios
codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2010, 03:35:19 AM »

Like I already said, you people behave as expected. To ask for a feedback from competitors is like throwing a baby to the wolves. I'm all for constructive feedback, but if you're going to constantly deceive, its better not to provide any feedback at all.

I knew this was going to happen, I had my share of fun, thanks  Beer!

... it appears some independent game developers are forming "clans" of sites controlling the flow of information, (mostly blog and article sites), trashing other people's work, trying to heal their own complexes, because they're feeling threatened by others that are not members of their clans. I proved you about award sites not giving stars to ALL the software, just quality ones, yet you still sing the same old song over and over again. Now prove me wrong.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2010, 03:51:37 AM »

Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? Who's deceiving? Why would people be threatened by your game? There are thousands of games here. We have an entire forum dedicated to constructive feedback. We're not competitors here. We're all game makers that try to help each other with criticism. Why else would we have an ENTIRE FORUM DEDICATED TO GIVING EACH OTHER FEEDBACK? Some people respond well to negative criticism. Some don't. You don't. You're really making a bad name for yourself with how you choose to respond to criticism. If all you want it a pat on the back and no negative feedback whatsoever, then just listen to the people that say that all is great as is. You'll never learn and get better like that, though...

Laserbrain Studios
codergames
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2010, 04:10:40 AM »

What criticism, you only said I should remove awards ... why exactly? You really think its enough to suggest something as ridiculous as that and call it a "constructive criticism"?

I can't even call your suggestion a negative criticism, because its not. It appears that you just had to say something pointless to start labeling me. You are a classic example of a deceiver and a troll.

... I do however accept the suggestions and feature requests from my players, that's what I'm implementing in the next game. But to remove awards, dream on  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 04:14:18 AM by codergames » Logged

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2010, 04:43:06 AM »

I'm done. Good luck. You'll need it.

Laserbrain Studios
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic