Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:49:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallEVERSION ON STEAM IS HERE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: EVERSION ON STEAM IS HERE  (Read 12635 times)
Renton
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 02:16:10 PM »

Cyan, stop acting so childish because no one commented on your bloody engine test. Cool down or jog on. You're only hurting your own reputation.

Congrats on getting on Steam, Zara.
CyanPrime
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »

Cyan, stop acting so childish because no one commented on your bloody engine test. Cool down or jog on. You're only hurting your own reputation.

The irony is that it's childish to call someone childish because they have a opinion you don't like.

I don't think Eversion is worth $5, and it's as simple as that. Thanks for trying to bring something completely unrelated into it to try to make me look bad though. That wasn't a douche move at all.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »

it's not really an opinion to bash someone's game non-specifically and treat the dev without respect -- there are ways to criticize things, but that isn't one

when i don't like a game i don't tell the developer it costs too much and is overhyped, i point out what particularly turned me off about the game so that they can fix it. for instance, with eversion, i didn't particularly like the emphasis on strong, solid colors, like #00FFFF (pure cyan) for the sky. and i've criticized the game for that, among other things. but what you did is just totally disrespectful, not criticism

Doktor_Q
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2010, 04:24:05 PM »

The irony is that it's childish to call someone childish because they have a opinion you don't like.

I don't think Eversion is worth $5, and it's as simple as that. Thanks for trying to bring something completely unrelated into it to try to make me look bad though. That wasn't a douche move at all.

Man, calm down. You are not doing yourself any favors. You are entitled to your opinion, naturally, as is everyone else. You are not entitled to throw around in obscenely inflammatory manners, especially on moderated and privately owned forums.

Also, in some kind of recursive irony cycle, calling someone else childish for calling you childish is something real children do with amazing frequency.
CyanPrime
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »

Man, calm down.

I'm writing this calmly. Why wouldn't I be?

You are not entitled to throw [your opinion] around in obscenely inflammatory manners[.]
If you think this:
I don't think the game is bad. Just way over hyped, and now overpriced.

is "throw my opinion around in obscenely inflammatory manners" than you are extremely sensitive. This is a simple statement. There is no cussing, or flaming going on.

It's stupid to think that telling someone you don't like their game, or think it is over-hyped/priced is the same as flaming because it's not.

it's not really an opinion to bash someone's game non-specifically and treat the dev without respect -- there are ways to criticize things, but that isn't one

Actually, it's still a opinion. I have some respect for Zara. I respect that he uses C++ to code, but that doesn't mean I have to like everything he makes. And respect is mutual. He's flat out called me "a little shit" on other forums, so I don't feel I should be demanded to give him any kind of respect. That said what I said wasn't disrespectful. Saying "I don't like this" is not the same as saying "This sucks."

but what you did is just totally disrespectful, not criticism
It was never suppose to be criticism, but it wasn't disrespectful ether.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2010, 05:11:30 PM »

The reason why you're coming off like this is because you have been harping on this thread since the first day Zaratustra posted it, and as soon as he reveals what it was about the first thing you do is come here and call a 5 dollar game overpriced. Nobody here was born yesterday.

I would have thought that after embarrassing yourself in General you would have had the good sense of just dismissing this whole thing and leaving it be.

The original Eversion is available for free, yes, but not the HD version. People enjoy that kinda stuff, and while Zara won't be winning any Nobel prizes for exploiting the success of his IP, it's not really something I'd worry about. People gotta make money.

Either way, take this as a friendly suggestion to just let go of this whole thing. It'll be better for everyone.

Also, I guess I can move this to Announcements again.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
deathtotheweird
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2010, 06:17:09 PM »

congrats on getting the game on Steam. As silly as achievements are, that's another reason to pick up the game again. It's not like 5 dollars is going to cause you to put another mortgage on the house.

and CyanPrime, act your age. There are ~14 year olds on this forum that act more grown up than you.
Wizard
Level 0

metagalactic llama wizard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »

Congrats on getting on Steam dude.

Shit, we're up against a Sysadmin...
The Wizard's Lair | my Sketchbookr | Ask me anything!
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2010, 07:52:54 PM »

Coffee

I had no idea. Bravo. I played Eversion through a couple of times, so handing over a little cash might be in order. Hope this does well!
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2010, 08:07:01 PM »

So I can't buy Eversion HD directly from you any more? What's up with that?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2010, 08:28:52 PM »

congrats on getting it on steam bro, will be getting this Smiley

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »

Hand-drawn pixel art, legitimate indie-style

Gentleman
Justin Meisse
Level 0

3D Artist and Musician

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »

This game delivers, the first time one of those creepy hands popped up I nearly jumped outta my chair.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2010, 08:26:39 AM »

metaphor for the atomic bomb, achievement?
if this the exploding princess ending then  Gentleman.
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2010, 05:11:10 PM »

wired biznatch

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/07/eversion-steam/

Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2010, 11:07:26 AM »

and of course the only negative review I've ever seen on the net gets published on the chicago tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/games/sns-gamereview-eversion,0,3061166.story

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »

and of course the only negative review I've ever seen on the net gets published on the chicago tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/games/sns-gamereview-eversion,0,3061166.story
I notice that guy really loves to suck Braid's dick. Bit rude, but it's true.
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2012, 04:28:03 AM »

Eversion is part of Bundle In A Box, along with eight other great games!

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic