Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:44:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignMake a Boss for Noitu Love 2, plz
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Make a Boss for Noitu Love 2, plz  (Read 26251 times)
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 11:28:08 AM »

Haha, I love your keeping to the style, and it's obvious you've played the game too.

Except YOU'RE NOT NOITU.
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 11:31:57 AM »

oh noooze i have revealed my noobness Sad Sad  what's his name again?  xoda?  It's like the thing where i thought link was called zelda for like 5 years...

anyways just wanted to add thanks to bonesaw creator kyle pulver/xerus for being a sounding board and helping fill me in on what mechanics were used in the other bosses (since he played apparently the entire game at IGF Tongue)

cup full of magic charisma
gustav
Fez Nonbeliever
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 11:34:42 AM »

xoda's got bewbs!

Seth
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 11:37:41 AM »

cool idea, Adam, but how does the spider keep climbing with only 1 or 2 or 3 legs?
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 11:38:24 AM »

cool idea, Adam, but how does the spider keep climbing with only 1 or 2 or 3 legs?

MAGIC.

Adam that looks awesome. Grin
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 11:54:36 AM »

Could be cool if you smashed off 4 legs on the same side he would just shortcut to the end, if you were going for time over score...if that even matters in NL2 Tongue

cup full of magic charisma
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »

Could be cool if you smashed off 4 legs on the same side he would just shortcut to the end, if you were going for time over score...if that even matters in NL2 Tongue

I always go for more explosions, so score obviously.
ninjascience
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 01:28:56 PM »

Gray Goo Bot!

Oh noes!  The bots have discovered nano-tek!

The prototype "bot" starts off as a jar of goo, but once attacked it breaks the jar and forms the basic shape of a grunt bot, but it's all smooothy.  It jumps up in the air and morphs into a spikey ball plumetting towards our hero.  Dodge! Hero counter attacks but the goo-bot arm forms a shield!  Suddenly the goo-bot rears up into a snake-like shape, what's that?! some kind of glowing red ball is revealed on the neck.  That must be the power-source!  attack!

PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »

Nice game! I'm looking forward to more.  Grin

Off topic:
It's like the thing where i thought link was called zelda for like 5 years...

Believing I was the only one who thought that, that really made my day! Smiley It's still a bit weird when you think about it. Would it make sense to call Mario, Princess Peach instead? Nah..  :D

"Fun is rule."
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 11:13:59 PM »

Question: Can Xoda stand on things that aren't square background tiles? (e.g. on the heads of moving robots, for example) Are those green rings that you hang from the only other thing that can support you, aside from constantly pummeling enemies?
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 05:10:59 AM »

Well, I could just as well have her stand on things. She does already stand on one boss.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »

Hey, so what about a boss...that stands... on her.....
maybe tiny little robot spiders or sthg

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Mischief Maker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 07:09:59 AM »

An idea that came to me last night:

Use the secret boss as a curtain call for all the level themes and platforming challenges of the preceding game.

Here's a rough description:

Xoda finds some important macguffin being used to power the reactor for the darns' secret underground/underwater/orbital base.  She smashes the reactor to get at the macguffin, but then a shadowy secret darn leaps out of the shadows, snatches the macguffin, and runs away at full speed.  The reactor starts to explode and Xoda needs to get out FAST, and catch the secret boss to retrieve the macguffin.

SO the boss fight takes place across a gigantic tunnel/space elevator to the surface.  It's a high speed three way chase.  The thief darn is running away at the front, Xoda is chasing after the darn in the middle, and explosions from the reactor are working their way toward Xoda from behind.  The tunnel is a collage of all the platforming challenges in the main game.  One section is regular platforming, another section is grab-ring oriented, another section has gravity reversers, and anything else you didn't put in the preview video.

Every so oftern, (maybe at the end of every section), the sneaky darn will stop and try to blast Xoda with some super attack powered by the macguffin, at the same time giving Xoda her chance to catch him standing still and knock some of his health off.

Then when Xoda beats the sneaky darn and grabs the macguffin, she makes it to the surface and finds that ken-doll communicator guy waiting for her.  He tells her to quickly give him the macguffin, which she does.  Suddenly the explosions reach the surface and a piece of flaming shrapnel hits him in the face, revealing a metallic grin underneath.  The darn then inserts the macguffin into his body and transforms into a giant boss for the final battle, maybe that spider boss recommended earlier.

Don't know how feasible it would be, but that's my idea.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »

The sheer awesome that this picture radiates is too much for my eyes. I must shield them.

Someone NEEDS to make this.

Mr. Mr.
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 04:22:32 AM »

Rei Z'Arc

Who is she? Where did she come from? Did she buy her hat from the same place Xoda did? Whoever she is, Rei's only interested in one thing: partying with reckless abandon. But trashing the hotel room is for amateurs - pros destroy the entire hotel. And with all these Grinning Darns running around, it's going to be hard not to have fun!

After fulfilling certain criteria (no lives lost, checkpoint reached under a given time limit, etc.) on the appropriate level, Rei will appear to challenge Xoda to a fight. She then punches the ground they stand on before leaping away, as the ground collapses onto a freeway below. The first phase of the fight involves Xoda traveling along the freeway on her hoverboard. In the background, we see Rei jumping from building to building. Suddenly, Rei tears a building out of its foundations and sends it hurtling towards Xoda. As it lands on the freeway, Xoda needs to dash and maneuver through its windows to avoid damage.

After a few buildings, Rei jumps towards the foreground and knocks Xoda off her hoverboard. The two land atop moving vehicles. At this point, Rei will occasionally jump kick Xoda if she gets too close. However, she'll spend most of her time overturning cars on the road. The smaller vehicles she'll simply grab and toss at Xoda, while Rei'll slam on the hood of larger vehicles like trucks to send them upright at Xoda:

...who'll have to jump over the top of the truck to avoid it.

Eventually a Doomtruck driven by a Darn will appear, plowing through the other vehicles on the road in an attempt to catch up with Xoda and Rei. At this point both girls jump atop the Doomtruck for the final phase of the battle.

Rei's essentially a faster, stronger version of Xoda with a similar moveset. She can zoom and slide towards her target, counter Xoda's grabs, and slam the ground to create a shockwave. The fight puts more of an emphasis on reflexes as opposed to pattern memorization. Occasionally the two can be locked in a "punch-off" if their attacks clash at the same time. Additionally, Darns will sporadically climb out of the Doomtruck to attack the pair, though Xoda won't necessarily have to fight them; Rei will attempt to knock Xoda off the truck by kicking the Darns at her. When Rei really gets pissed, she'll make the truck jump by stomping on it. 

Upon being defeated, Rei'll tell Xoda how much fun she had and gut the Doomtruck before disappearing. Completely bereft of a means of steering, the Doomtruck will swerve and crash horribly into Xoda's original destination, leaving her completely nonplussed as to what exactly just happened.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 12:33:34 PM by Mr. Mr. » Logged
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 03:26:28 AM »

It saddens me that just one of these will be chosen...
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 05:07:49 AM »

Mr. Mr., your idea reminds me of my own idea I had a while ago of using the character  on my website as a boss because she looks like she's from that universe. Sort of like yours but black clothes.
Mr. Mr.
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 09:35:41 AM »

Awesome - I was going along the lines of a character who's basically (but not quite) Xoda. Rei's the Ken to Xoda's Ryu, pretty much.
Mr. Mr.
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2008, 01:55:13 AM »

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

SHADY HANZ

In whichever level that can conceivably accommodate it, Xoda will wander across the front of a projector playing a movie. She'll cast a shadow over the screen, thoroughly ruining the movie-going experience for a few Darns in the audience watching. They'll attack Xoda, she'll dispatch them with ease, and then she'll be given the signal to move on.

However, if she continues to wait around in front of the projector, a special looking Darn will rise from his seat. No longer content to let Xoda waste his eight bucks (fifteen with concessions), Shady Hanz takes to the projector.

Shady attacks Xoda's shadow with a full repertoire of shadow hand puppets at his disposal (and despite a shadow merely being a region in space where light is obstructed, his attacks still hurt). He'll likely have a bird silhouette, a wolf silhouette, and a walking man silhouette, among others. Eventually Shady will start stomping around in front of the projector like a juggernaut. A possibility to consider might be having Xoda unable to deal any damage to Shady's silhouettes, requiring her to avoid their patterns for a set period of time. After Xoda successfully dodges the shadows (or fights them off), the light in the projector will briefly burn out, giving her an opportunity to whale away on the real Shady. Alternately, she might have to manually overload the projector herself or light the room completely to render Shady's silhouettes worthless.

Shady doesn't strike me as someone who'd be a particularly hard boss, but he might make for a nice easter egg.

-------------------------

Hey, let's get some more hats in this ring! There aren't nearly enough bosses yet.

sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2008, 05:27:25 AM »

I love this Shady Hanz boss.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic