Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411885 Posts in 69426 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 06, 2024, 04:14:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFeedback wanted for Project MoonSeed ARPG engine.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feedback wanted for Project MoonSeed ARPG engine.  (Read 2173 times)
CyanPrime
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2010, 01:07:07 AM »

So I've been working on this for like a week or two now, and I finally have something I wanna show off.

It's a action RPG engine made from scratch.

Download it here.

The kind of feedback I want is simple:
Is it fun?
What are some ideas that could make it more fun?
were there any bugs?
have any ideas to improve the graphics?

I'm only looking for constructive criticism, and please remember that this is just a engine test build at this time, so don't be too harsh on it.

Simon Andersson
Level 4

I'm not depressed.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 05:19:11 AM »

I got an averange of 7-8 FPS on my laptop.

The fightsystem seems interesting and different, though I can't figure out how to attack, if that is implemented yet. Shrug
Juniusrave
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 07:36:29 AM »

Lol, Z is the basic action button in the game.

Also, what are your specs? It runs fine on my computer.

EDIT: I also tried it on another computer in the house, no issue.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 08:26:37 AM by Juniusrave » Logged
CyanPrime
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 09:48:45 AM »

Yeah Z is the shoot/talk/interact button. Sorry I didn't put the controls down.

lansing
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 03:03:53 PM »

59/60fps here.

Needs sound effects, would be nice for the graphics on the buildings to vary a little.  Could also use a turbo mode, walking is really slow.
edykajang
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »

What is actually the setting of this game? I do appreciate if you spend some time writing some background story to the game because for typical RPG, having a solid background story will provide some reason to play it.

You should also put some readme text file on the game folder telling about how to control it. I can move the character using cursor keyboard but there is no mentioning about z keyboard to attack or interact.   

CyanPrime
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »

What is actually the setting of this game? I do appreciate if you spend some time writing some background story to the game because for typical RPG, having a solid background story will provide some reason to play it.

You should also put some readme text file on the game folder telling about how to control it. I can move the character using cursor keyboard but there is no mentioning about z keyboard to attack or interact.   
This is a engine test, not a game, and not even a demo. There is no need for a story in an engine test. You are right that I should have put the controls on the topic though.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic