Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411746 Posts in 69406 Topics- by 58460 Members - Latest Member: hideworks

May 23, 2024, 11:57:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingOpac's Journey (acrobatic platformer)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Opac's Journey (acrobatic platformer)  (Read 2039 times)
Cevo70
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 08, 2010, 06:04:45 PM »

Sup sup!  

Looking for some feedback on a game that's basically done - we're just tweaking and playtesting.  The type of feedback I am looking for is first impression feedback based on the screenies and description.  Is this worth $1.00?  Do you like the look of it?

I've also included the trailer link for those interested in seeing a bit more. One favor please! If you have beef with XBLIG (which I can understand, honestly)please don't fart on me for the sake of farting on the platform.  Evil

Have a looksee!

Features:
  • Explore to find hidden relics.
  • Collect roots to upgrade abilities.
  • Focus on agile acrobatic platforming.
  • 50+ levels across 4 Zones.
  • Pick up and play.

Trailer:

Onza40
Level 0

YES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »

It looks sweet, and were it coming to steam I would definitely give it a go, I love platformers in general, but this looks very cool indeed.
Arkitekt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 04:01:27 PM »

Onza, watch the youtube video, it's coming to XBOX live (indy games).  Says so at the end of the video.  Is there any chance of you porting this to a smart phone (Droid), I would definitely pay $1.00 for this.

First impression is, well in a way it kind of reminds me of the old Prince of Persia, only modern and not as angering  Tongue

It is very clean cut and it looks as though the movements are well animated.  Overall it looks very well polished.  Very impressed, Nicely done.

e: forgot to mention, the upgrades and abilities look very appealing to me.  I love it when I can work towards making my player characters stronger in Indy games like this.

e: e: I swear...I also LOVE the music you've got playing in the video (is that actual in game music?)  I noticed it didn't have any SFX though.  Just a curious side-note.

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
eckerbr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 05:22:59 PM »

Onza, watch the youtube video, it's coming to XBOX live (indy games).  Says so at the end of the video.  Is there any chance of you porting this to a smart phone (Droid), I would definitely pay $1.00 for this.

It's possible that we're going to port it to other platforms depending on reception and demand.

It is very clean cut and it looks as though the movements are well animated.  Overall it looks very well polished.  Very impressed, Nicely done.

Thanks. Making this game as polished and clean as possible was one of our goals from the outset. I'm glad to see that it got noticed and the effort paid off.  Grin

e: e: I swear...I also LOVE the music you've got playing in the video (is that actual in game music?)  I noticed it didn't have any SFX though.  Just a curious side-note.

That's cevo's handiwork (the original poster). And that is, in fact, game music that is playing. Each zone has ambient music associated with it, and the video is dubbed with one of the zone's tracks. The trailer doesn't have any sound effects, since the video jumps to various zones and levels, and we didn't want it to sound all wonky between cuts in the footage.

There is a host of sound effects in the game, and cevo put as much effort into the polish and quality of those sound effects as I did to the control and animation handling. I'm sure that will be apparent in the final product as well.

Thank you for your comments. Very encouraging!

Devblog: http://ophidianwars.blogspot.com
Ophidian Wars: Opac's Journey available on XBox Live Indie Games very soon!
Onza40
Level 0

YES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 11:52:14 PM »

@Arkitekt - erm, note in my post were it coming to steam.

@eckerbr - I really hope you do port Smiley Or that microsoft ports XBLA to windows as they said they might do at some point last year...
Arkitekt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 04:22:12 AM »

@Arkitekt - erm, note in my post were it coming to steam.

@eckerbr - I really hope you do port Smiley Or that microsoft ports XBLA to windows as they said they might do at some point last year...

Facepalm fail druid strikes again.  My bad, my brain totally rearranged your post when I first read it.  On your second point, what happened with that?  I thought I read somewhere Microsoft said they wanted it implemented late in the year of 09.

@eckerbr: I'm looking forward to seeing this thing get ported, just know you've got at least one customer!  Gentleman

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
eckerbr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »

Well, whether Microsoft ports it or not, it's not too onerous of a job to convert it ourselves. I would need to rework the input system so that it handles more than just XBox 360 controllers, and I'll have to strip out all the XBox Live stuff (Rich Presence, etc.), but overall it wouldn't be a killer.

The reason we're not racing toward the PC Platform is because this game is kind of an offshoot from our "flagship game", and with the release of this one, we're jumping right back into that game which is most of the way completed, and we're really anxious to get back to.

But, like I said, if this game is received well, who are we to deny the rest of the game-world some fun high-flying Opac action  Smiley

Devblog: http://ophidianwars.blogspot.com
Ophidian Wars: Opac's Journey available on XBox Live Indie Games very soon!
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 07:38:25 PM »

This really makes me want XBL/a modern online game console. (/envy) Okay, a lot does, but this certainly contributes to it. I'm confident you'll do pretty well. Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Onza40
Level 0

YES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 02:31:07 AM »

I think some of the live arcade functions are available in games for windows live, depends what you're developing in.
And I have no idea what happened to xbla for windows, it is still something I very much want to see though!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic