Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:40:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioNew Album: Fulcrum
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Album: Fulcrum  (Read 2418 times)
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2010, 12:59:23 AM »

Hey gang! just stepping in for a minute to post a link to my new album, Fulcrum.  its 15 tracks long and comes with a spiffy print-quality png for anyone who feels the need to burn it or just wants a nice label for their itunes.  It kinda sounds like a nintendo fell into a dishwasher full of silverware, it finishes off with a nice and horrible ballad about saussages.  I tried to put a little of everything in here.

you can get it here.  thanks and I hope you find something you enjoy on it Smiley
http://www.mediafire.com/?uakgwyzm2dy
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 02:25:28 PM »

Should be in the Audio forum Tongue I got an unspecified error when extracting song 12.
First song is like the Advance Wars menu music on a strange combination of drugs WTF I like it; I'll post back when I get through the whole thing.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 02:46:09 PM »

gettin dis man i want dis

will point out every single slight fault with it later, brb.

pgil
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 02:55:33 PM »

I'm liking this Smiley
I got the same error with song 12 though. Too bad, I like steak.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 03:30:04 PM »

I just got back here to check the responses and right after I clicked "Creative" I saw the "Music" sub-thread.... I face-palmed myself so hard I had to borrow my neighbor's mother's hand.

(Sorry for my dumb)

track 12 is misbehaving? sheeeeit. I'll try and recompile that song and do some testing on other comps to make sure it came out right, then I'll post a fixed version.

Well, aside from those 2 things, I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the stuff so far. Smiley Thank you for your ears.
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 07:13:46 PM »

My ears want to be a part of this too!  Hand Point Right Wink Hand Point Left

Downloading...

i make chiptunes, uketunes, games and more!  feeblethemighty.com
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 11:02:29 PM »

1, 4, 9, and 11 are all really excellent songs. Best in the britches.
1 and 9 are both really powerful feelin'. Just super.
4, vocals really set it apart and it is super-bitching overall.
11 is kinda superbrothers is, pretty nice and the title matches the song very well. (most of the titles are good, I like the abundant typoes Durr...?)

My itunes actually ordered the songs wrong, and I think I actually preferred them in the rather random order. So, with some tweaking Who, Me? I propose, if you get a chance to change the order, something more like:
2 - its mattering (good opening song)
1 - fllackjacket funk
9 - requiem in bell
4 - fire selector
3 - lost marriners hymn (divides the album in to two parts)
5 - good good feeling
6 - to be rekconed with
14- descender
7 - cold sighted2
8 - i go diving down
15- extra sausage
13- fulcrum
11- come on human
10- parade (good closing song)

Excellent stuff though, I cannot stand chiptune music or most techno, and I love your album Kiss

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 01:22:50 AM »

1, 4, 9, and 11 are all really excellent songs. Best in the britches.
1 and 9 are both really powerful feelin'. Just super.
4, vocals really set it apart and it is super-bitching overall.
11 is kinda superbrothers is, pretty nice and the title matches the song very well. (most of the titles are good, I like the abundant typoes Durr...?)

My itunes actually ordered the songs wrong, and I think I actually preferred them in the rather random order. So, with some tweaking Who, Me? I propose, if you get a chance to change the order, something more like:
2 - its mattering (good opening song)
1 - fllackjacket funk
9 - requiem in bell
4 - fire selector
3 - lost marriners hymn (divides the album in to two parts)
5 - good good feeling
6 - to be rekconed with
14- descender
7 - cold sighted2
8 - i go diving down
15- extra sausage
13- fulcrum
11- come on human
10- parade (good closing song)

Excellent stuff though, I cannot stand chiptune music or most techno, and I love your album Kiss

I agree about techno/chiptunes.  A scant few stand out really boldly to me but otherwise that whole music style doesn't grip me all that often.  I'm flattered to hear I'm the exception to the rule in your opinion though.  I really have no idea what to call my style of music, it's just the kind I wish I heard more of, so I do my best to make it real.

I wish I could say the typos were intentional and meant to be clever, but each of these songs was written somewhere between the hours of 4 and 8 am so I was at my least logical  Tired

I tried your set-list and it's pretty nice! Everything flows a little differently that way doesn't it?

Oh, also if anyone reading this does youtube music videos (like, montages of old films, machinimas, abstract stuff, whatever) You're totally good for making a vid with this stuff.  I'm dying to see what kinda mental images all this stuff conjures up!! :D

(patching the album this week.. it may take a while since I'm in the process of moving to another town)
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 09:33:49 AM »

BTW this album is really great. just letting you know.

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 08:22:29 AM »

I really dig this Amon.  Smiley Once I get my off-kilter chiptunes chops I'll probably have to ask for a collab.  Beer!

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 03:09:27 PM »

Thanks! I'm always up for tag-teaming a phat beat to make the masses asses shake and bounce.
man of doom
Level 2

It's not Tom and Jerry!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 10:56:41 PM »

Awesome album. In my view it's probably your best yet.

http://manofdoom.co.uk
Where all my stuff is at!
http://soundcloud.com/man-of-doom
Various musical stuff of mine
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic