Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:46:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioOriginal gameboy esque music needed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Original gameboy esque music needed  (Read 3313 times)
Lazrool
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2010, 03:28:53 AM »

So I'm looking for a person or persons who would be interested in making some gameboy esque tunes for an upcoming game. The game is currently at a point where it will take only a week or so and it will be ready for release.

You can check out the game here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=11880.0

What tunes you need bud?

- Opening
- Title
- Stage select

- A robotic/mechanical tune Something like Metalman stage in MM2
- A rhytmic/jungle tune I really have no example for this one
- An Aquatic/toxic sewage tune Something like Pumpman stage from MM10
- A simple sinister tune Last Wily stages in MM3

- Boss fight Energetic
- Miniboss fight Robotic version of boss fight
- Final boss fight Darker version of boss fight

- Credits

You can check all the examples I gave on Youtube, they gots them all in there.

Currently I'm negotiating with Phlogiston / Din about the musics but there might or might not be technical problems with that.

The sound format should preferably be any sort of common module format like .mod .it etc. but if need be I can also work with Mp3's. Midi music is something that I deem below the standards I'm looking for.

The tunes do not, I repeat DO NOT have to be in exact gameboy limitations, something that sounds like it was from a gameboy game is good enough for me since the game itself takes some liberties with the gameboy antics.

You do not have to make all the tunes on your own, even a few tunes would be a great contribution. I'm not too good with music but I can manage some form of remixing, for the boss musics for example.

So there you go, I hope this was the right subforum, didn't notice anything resembling requests etc.
cataclysmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »

Hey!  I'd be interested!  When is the date the game is due to be finished?

If you haven't already found someone, check out my website at www.jamiebillings.com

Thanks!

Jamie

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:16:22 PM »

Hey, move this to the "Unpaid Collaborations" section. You're sure to get more offers Smiley

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Lazrool
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 10:29:03 AM »

Well looks like Phlogiston is going to make the soundtrack so this request for music will be on hold..........

.........for now.............
Lazrool
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 10:01:55 AM »

I'm going to reopen this request because:

1. There is no human way to play .NSF files via GM
2. MP3 playback sucks donkey dicks on GM
3. Phlog doesn't want to make mod music

So to sum it up:

In need of a person or persons who can make music that sounds like it would be from a NES/Gameboy game. Format must be one of the popular module music formats, like .it .xm .mod etc.
Chef Boyardee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 12:29:05 PM »

Laz, GM has perfect .ogg playback. I've got some examples in .ogg format if you're willing to listen to a few. Or you could just get Phlogiston to do it in .ogg.

Check out my game

Lazrool
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the .OGG playback.
Chef Boyardee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 09:41:13 PM »

Oh, dude, I should clarify that you need a .dll to do it. I don't know what the name of the .dll is but it's what I'm using for Frankie's game, so ask him about it. I just know that it loops .oggs perfectly.

Check out my game

pgil
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 04:53:46 AM »

wow. Laziest spambot ever.
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 06:56:13 AM »

If you need some more chiptunes, I could probably oblige. I currently have a small ost due for July 31st for an AGBIC game so it'd have to wait mostly until then or if I finish the ost early.

I don't have any of my absolutely low-bit game music on my server right now, I can upload one or two after work. But I can link you to a higher-bit chiptune I'm working on right now. You can listen to that at http://www.littleghosties.com/music/climb_that_wall_demo3.mp3 (I sure hope the url is right because I'm remembering it off the top of my head.)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic