Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 03:56:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGViking Bazooka Bloodbath - *Complete*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Viking Bazooka Bloodbath - *Complete*  (Read 52945 times)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »

This is the kind of game that could really benefit from more features. Since the core gameplay is inherently mad awesome, all you need to do is give us different ways to play that gameplay. More enemies, levels, modes, co-op: all these things would give the game more replay value because right now, once I've gotten one or two stars on a level, I don't feel that much incentive to play them again.
If you do add more to the game, maybe add something to the title i.e. "Viking Bazooka Bloodbath RELOADED", so everyone knows it is new and stuff.

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2008, 12:21:05 PM »

That was kind of my plan, actually. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who would like VBB to have more... stuff.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2008, 04:59:14 PM »

Nice entry. I didn't seem to be a very good Viking Bazooka-rer[sic], but it did leave me wanting to come back to improve. Not many games that I'm poor at make me want to replay them. Good stuff.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2008, 01:42:20 PM »

I had to focus a lot on replayability, since there wasn't enough time to add much content. I hope I've addicted at least some of you.  Smiley

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2008, 05:24:03 PM »

So, apparently the GMC is running a competition where the theme is 'Ancient Civilizations.' Someone suggested I enter, so I did. After all, I have nothing to lose by doing so.

The good news for you is that I released a new version, with some significant improvements, including:
Better balance. The cheap strategy mentioned earlier in this thread is no longer nearly as effective.
You can now jump with the C button.
It's easier to unlock new modes.
Minor Fixes and Updates.

You can download it here.

zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2008, 11:45:08 AM »

Hehe.  10 for historical accuracy!  I never quite figured out how to make it shoot the bazooka instead of the shotgun, but the rest of the controls were relatively straight-forward.  A good pick-up and play style!
Cheers,
--Zack
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic