Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411499 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:37:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogszjeveni [pc + mac download]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: zjeveni [pc + mac download]  (Read 5763 times)
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2010, 03:18:59 PM »

This is an older game that I wasn't very happy of. I spent a couple of hours on it last night (insomnia) and fixed up a few things I didn't like and composed a nice soundtrack. There is not much to it, it's the sequel of Cenote.

Enjoy  Noir

Gameplay Video Youtube

Download for OS X [9mb] | Windows [7mb]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:12:02 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 03:29:53 PM »

Looks kinda confusing, I can't wait to see it in action!

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »

Ah, sexy. Really love that palette.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:22:42 PM »

Loved all your games so far, and this doesn't seem to be an exception!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 04:03:33 AM »

This looks like Autechre's "Gantz Graf" video but playable.  Crazy
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 10:26:56 AM »

Gameplay Video Youtube

Download for OS X [9mb] | Windows [7mb]

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »

Whoa. Already?  Epileptic

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »

48 hour game jam ^^

XXIIVV

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 10:52:25 AM »

It was kind of awkward at first, until I got the hang of it. I think the camera should be able to move up and down, which would make it easier to see over ledges.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 10:55:41 AM »

What I noticed with the camera able to look up and down more was that it's less clear where you need to go, I limited it so you don't try to go too high or go down.

XXIIVV

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 11:11:44 AM »

oooo so pretty.  Kiss

on the game side of things, i had a really hard time getting an idea for the basic mechanics. The arrows/jumping was pretty clear, but I couldn't understand the state in which I could climb up or around a block. I was only able to pull that off once, and I still didn't quite get it. The thing I was trying most often was jumping at that first block on "normal" and thinking that it'd let me climb up it since it seemed I was able to climb up other blocks. I'm still not sure why things happened the way it did and I remain confused.

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 04:27:56 PM »

How does all your stuff look so amazing and so unique?!  I love that all your games have a similar style running through them but all still unique in its own right.  Unfortunately I cant give this a play right now but ill get to it in the next day or two.

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 07:13:54 PM »

Hey aeiowu, thanks for trying it out. In theory you should be able to climb any cube without jumping, like floating over it. You can press spacebar to leap further too. You need to constantly look around to find the best place to jump to. If you can't climb certain cubes then, there must be an error somewhere >___> ..

Nate, thank you so much Smiley I am glad you think so ! I hope you get to try it out sometimes. there are no cheat for amazingness and uniqueness, I think it's just a question of perspective. I am really just trying to make normal games like everyone else Smiley

Cave Story

XXIIVV

deathtotheweird
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »

Has anyone been able to beat it yet?

I always get to the same area and fail. Really disorientating, fog makes it doubly hard to see where to go and the arrow is pretty vague.

Only thing missing from the game is your music!
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 04:41:02 PM »

Ah thanks Allen I was hoping you'd try it out ^^
It's quite hard to beat, there are 2 really tough jumps.

The music is in the works ^^

XXIIVV

tyronehenrie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »

Really cool mood going on here. It plays a bit too fast for my liking, but after comparing my experience to the gameplay trailer again I realize that I mainly just suck at it.  Facepalm Once I understood that moving the mouse only controlled the camera's X axis (right?) that helped me comprehend the world and how I should navigate around it.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 09:17:08 PM »

The aesthetic is excellent, the silence is a bit sad, and it was quite tough, but a part of that toughness came from the camera, which felt somewhat unwieldy and disorienting. I almost feel like this game would work better in first person.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
JP
Level 0

vordhosbn brezhoneg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 12:55:09 PM »

Not much to add other than appreciation - very cool stuff.  Reminds me of one of my projects, if I were a much better artist.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »

Updated with new content and soundtrack Smiley

XXIIVV

tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 05:08:50 PM »

Windows link is broken.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic