Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:03:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEthios: Valiant Plume Saga - A 3d Zelda-Like With a Party of Heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
Print
Author Topic: Ethios: Valiant Plume Saga - A 3d Zelda-Like With a Party of Heroes  (Read 98731 times)
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 10:45:02 AM »

Would you guys like me more if I gave you an early, early demo build?
http://rapidshare.com/files/436339212/KoE.rar

WASD to move
CTRL to attack
Hold CTRL if you're Gil (Yellow one) to do a charge attack
J to switch characters
Shift to execute skills (Only Ellie's (Pink one) is anywhere near halfway implemented)

When you're Ellie, a Parry can be executed by blocking with perfect timing.

I haven't put in any menus or anything yet, so you'll have to use Alt + F4 to quit
Helmeted
Level 0

Death Panelist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »

I'll have to check that out next time I'm booted into Windows.

The music sounds great! I especially like Windswept Terrain.

The art style looks really good to me too. That boss meter is totally boss.

iffi
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 01:58:34 PM »

I think the quickslots would be less intrusive if they were just arranged in a horizontal row, since it would take up less vertical space.
Sam English
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »

I've finished the main theme for the game if anyone would like to give it a listen:

Also, thanks for the compliments on the music, Helmeted!
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 02:28:22 PM »

Throughout the story, the main characters gain more abilities. The ninja, Van, can eventually take on two forms that allow him to access different abilities: a Shadow and a Wind form.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 04:37:47 PM »

Are they all elemental?

Shadow / Light, Wind / Earth, Fire / Water?
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 06:01:39 PM »

Rather. Those are the only two he has. He achieves these by obtaining a Wind Scroll and a Shadow Scroll. The Wind form [REDACTED]. His Shadow form allows him to [REDACTED"

Gil gets [REDACTED].

Ellie gets [REDACTED]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:09:44 AM by McMutton » Logged
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 06:21:12 PM »

Ah, nice. Glad to see it isn't cliche in that way!... also, those feel very much like Zelda. In a good way.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 07:08:44 PM »

Thanks, guy.

Sam finished a new piece of music, the Check-it-out-our-heroes-are-doing-something-totally-awesome theme:

Currently in progress-
Status effects (Poison, Fire, Petrified, Stunned, Dizzy, Frozen, Knocked Down, and Sneezing Fit)
Rigging character models
Miscellaneous effects
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 07:13:27 PM »

Sneezing Fit

I love non-traditional status effects.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 07:14:35 PM »

Good news! You can inflict it on enemies, as well as any NPC in the entirety of the game.
ink.inc
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 03:10:55 AM »

Good news! You can inflict it on enemies, as well as any NPC in the entirety of the game.

Good. I hate it when RPGs give me status affliction spells that never fucking work on anything when you need it.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »

Good. I hate it when RPGs give me status affliction spells that never fucking work on anything when you need it.

I totally agree! In a lot of RPG's, status effect spells are usually useless after the first third of the game, since most enemies and bosses are immune to them.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »

Currently, all of this fruitless programming is getting a bit irritating. Would any of the programmers here be interested in giving me a hand? The game is being built using Unity 3 and Javascript.
Coriform
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 06:06:36 AM »

I have zero experience with Unity, but a lot of free time at the moment.  Let me take a look at the engine, and I'll get back to you.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 09:49:07 AM »

In the process of redoing facial structure and eyes. Next step: Repainting the textures.
Stib
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »

Hey McMutton. I'm just curious why this is on hold. Also I'm using C# and Unity myself. Let me know if you have any programming questions. I can usualy help or know where you can find help.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »

Oh hey, I missed the reply. The hold is nothing big, I just thought I'd go for a less ambitious project so I could actually get a foothold of some sort.

And thank'eh for the offer; I'll definitely hit you up if I run into super annoying issues.
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »

And we're back! Said 'less ambitious' project is turning out to be more ambitious than I had originally thought, so I thought I may as well start working on this again as well.

I'm pretty much restarting, since most of the old code is just uber-crappy due to my not-skill at the time, but now my not-skill has become marginally-less-not-skill! Along with the restart comes a new art style that's less anime and more abstract, as seen here:

Flat shades, sharp shading, gradients, skintone sclerae, static textures, and stuff like that.

And then, this time, I'm starting with the stealth segments, since that's the first thing you do in the game anyway. So look forward to that!

Daily Probably More Intermittently/Randomly Updated Work Log! (Copyright Gabriel Verdon)
-Began working on the nifty shader
-Began working on the movement
-Began working on the camera stuffs
-Began working on wall hugging
-Yelled a lot
-Implemented movement volume
-Implemented basic visibility system
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 07:12:08 PM by McMutton » Logged
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »

Daily Ha, I've Tricked You! It IS Daily Work Log!
-Finished up the basics of:
  -Visibility
  -Movement Volume
-Added bare-bones GUI elements for them

There are three speeds you can move at: Creeping, Walking, and Running:
-Creeping is the quietest, as you make no noise at all. It's the slowest, though.
-Walking is what you'd expect; Decent speed at a moderate volume.
-Running is also what you'd expect: High speed, but it's the loudest.

You can also hug walls and sidle along them. This reduces your visibility and makes you completely silent, but it's about as slow as Creeping.

The material of the flooring you're walking on also effects the noise you make. Some are louder than others.

As you can see, I've drawn a lot of inspiration from Thief for this stuff. 'Cause that was my first taste of game development, and it was awesome.

The GUI thus far:

The sphere in the center is a light that's brightness is linked to your visibility: The more visible you are, the brighter it is (And vice-versa).

The rings are emitted in time with your steps, and their size is linked to the volume of said steps. The louder you are, the larger they get.

See it in action here!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic