Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:34:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Mirrors XP
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Mirrors XP  (Read 11869 times)
Apoz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 09:44:49 AM »

It would be better if it were some sort of "Indie-space", like Subspace in SSBB. Various game-making programs or elements linked to the Indie community could appear. Also, I remember there was someone in the stage design thread who suggested a stage where different indie games who couldn't become full stages for some reason would appear on a screen. Those are ideas you could take inspiration from.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 07:19:33 PM »

We can make this a ROM CHECK FAIL type level, where multiple games get mashed together in a screwy effect.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Winterous
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2010, 07:21:08 PM »

We can make this a ROM CHECK FAIL type level, where multiple games get mashed together in a screwy effect.

I like this idea.
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2010, 07:22:53 PM »

The only two problems with that would be the effort needed and possible copyright issues (as the games in it aren't Indie). Otherwise I'm all in.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2010, 07:32:19 PM »

Its not a level OF ROM CHECK FAIL, Goodbye. It's a level which takes the premise, but replaces it with indie games.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2010, 09:16:25 PM »

This has been suggested before. The problem with the idea is that what makes ROM CHECK FAIL work is the simplicity and recognizability of the source material. It would not work as well with indie games.

Plus, it would no longer be recognizable as ROM CHECK FAIL.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2010, 11:28:56 PM »

Soulliard, the suggestion was to mix together multiple indie games. The ROM CHECK FAIL thing was an analogy; it's not an actual ROM CHECK FAIL level, it just uses a slightly similar idea: mixing together multiple games at once. In this case, indie games.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2010, 10:49:18 AM »

the idea of rom check fail is interesting but it'll be hard to put the right games on screen (considering that most of the iconic games already have stages). i go with the "Indie Space" idea  Hand Thumbs Up Left

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2010, 11:03:49 AM »

The indie space idea and the ROM Check Fail idea are THE EXACT SAME IDEA. It's just taking the iconic games that don't have a stage of their own and amalgamating them into one catch-all stage.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2010, 11:34:28 AM »

nah-aaa!! ROM CHECK FAIL will only show indie games while an Indie Space stage will show both games and indie related programs.

Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2010, 12:15:02 PM »

Its not a level OF ROM CHECK FAIL, Goodbye. It's a level which takes the premise, but replaces it with indie games.

This.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2010, 07:08:45 PM »

funny thing: I recently downloaded an indie game called "Screensaver 2.0"(http://caseysoft.weebly.com/2/post/2008/03/screensaver-2.html) where you play as an antivirus turret defending your deskpot from all kind of viruses. Maybe Mirrors XP can turn into "Screensaver 2.0"? is not like it's unpopular (it has 28607 plays on yoyogames and Iji only has 15543 (AAHHH BLASPHEMY!)). good or bad idea?

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 08:25:41 PM »

A Screensaver 2.0 stage would just look like a desktop. No one would recognize it as an indie game.

PS: Iji has far more plays than that. It has many fans from outside the GM community, who are more likely to download it from another host. Not to mention all of its previous releases.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »

A Screensaver 2.0 stage would just look like a desktop. No one would recognize it as an indie game.
oh snap :/
Iji has far more plays than that. It has many fans from outside the GM community, who are more likely to download it from another host. Not to mention all of its previous releases.
OH SNAP! i knew it was a blasphemy T-T

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic