Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411885 Posts in 69426 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 06, 2024, 05:29:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBoggs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Boggs  (Read 1073 times)
p0wn
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2010, 06:51:18 AM »

I just released my game Boggs.

It's a game a lot like the old school game tapper, with the exception that you're the drinker, not the bartender.

The story is that you're Wade Boggs, and you must drink as many beers as possible. Each beer you drink in a row, without one falling off the end of the bar, adds 1x to your combo. Each 10x combo sends a babe in a bikini sliding down the bar to catch a mustache ride.

Drink too many beers though, and you will puke, wasting time. To combat this, eat burgers that slide down. Boggs doesn't drink cocktails though, and if you catch one he will smash it on the ground.

The controls are the arrow keys, X and C are used to navigate the menu.

The game is up at http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/540052 for you to enjoy.

Thanks!
BoxedLunch
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 08:59:56 AM »

it was a little weird but very interesting. nice work on the pixel art and i hope to see more from you.  Beer!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:43:59 AM »

Nice.  Beer!

Took me a two tries to figure out what's going on, but after that I really enjoyed the clever scoring system and great pixel art. Two small niggles though:

1. Because missing a beer means losing a life, I think it'd make more sense to show to the whole playing area at once.

2. The way he "teleports" between the different counters without any animation looks a bit jarring.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 12:28:48 PM »

It's rather annoying how a beer appears right before the burger, and you have no choice but to drink the beer instead of eating the burger first, as you always appear at the end of the counter.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic