Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:46:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMomodora (RELEASED!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Momodora (RELEASED!)  (Read 42656 times)
MaloEspada
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 11:37:48 AM »

KittenEater reported that error too. It can be two things:

-you didn't put the dlls in the same folder as the exe, but this is unlikely.
-your OS/computer/god doesn't want to play and can't be friends with the dlls.

Enlighten me with your OS, pc specs, something like that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:44:18 AM by rdein » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 12:39:47 PM »

Dell Dimension 3000
Running Windows XP
IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® 4 processor that runs at 2.8 GHz
400-MHz DDR SDRAM
Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2

Generally speaking, it runs Game Maker games fine. I use GM myself.
MaloEspada
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 02:59:18 PM »

@ink.inc
unfortunately I think it has to do with how the dll was coded to work with game maker.. I'll try contacting the dudes who made the dll to see if there is any work-around.

Meanwhile...

This pretty much implies I stole pgil's dialogue box from Mr. Kitty's Quest implemented dialogue boxes for helping purposes!
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »

Is there any reason every enemy has one huge eye, and will that reason be touched upon in the finished game?
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 11:19:16 PM »

This is well-designed, using such simple entrapment in such complexity. Beautiful art/tilework and music, too; and the alternating types of attacks gives it a lot of depth, though that first sickle/boomerang is wickedly overpowered a bit. It does run a teeny bit slow on my comp, though - and the gravity feels pretty lenient/floaty. But that could *just* be me, because of that.

Also, the vertical-crunchy things - are they meant to be destructible? And are they supposed to re-attack you before resetting to their upper position? A little spike on the top may be useful for warning people not to try and stand on them - first time I saw them, I thought they were something like a bridge! XD

Finally, though custom controls are a no-brainer, in the meantime you may consider remapping "QW" to "WE," so the things they switch correspond to the buttons directly below them. This is gonna be too much fun. I'm never gonna get all my project work done, haha!

MaloEspada
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 11:24:27 PM »

Is there any reason every enemy has one huge eye, and will that reason be touched upon in the finished game?
I felt like it haha. I guess I just like one-eyed things. Zelda inspiration, maybe. I don't think there will ever be an elaborated reason haha.

This is well-designed, using such simple entrapment in such complexity. Beautiful art/tilework and music, too; and the alternating types of attacks gives it a lot of depth, though that first sickle/boomerang is wickedly overpowered a bit. It does run a teeny bit slow on my comp, though - and the gravity feels pretty lenient/floaty. But that could *just* be me, because of that.

Also, the vertical-crunchy things - are they meant to be destructible? And are they supposed to re-attack you before resetting to their upper position? A little spike on the top may be useful for warning people not to try and stand on them - first time I saw them, I thought they were something like a bridge! XD

Finally, though custom controls are a no-brainer, in the meantime you may consider remapping "QW" to "WE," so the things they switch correspond to the buttons directly below them. This is gonna be too much fun. I'm never gonna get all my project work done, haha!

Thanks! Glad you like it. How is the FPS there? Normal should float around 60.
And yeah, those things can be destroyed haha. And yeah, reattack too. Thanks for the suggestions, specially the QE thing! I guess I'll use that!
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 11:34:35 PM »

oh yeah. I was going to suggest they reset to the upper position.

Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 10:26:03 AM »

Cry moonchild's dead...but this looks super awesome. Is Javet still doing the music for this as well? It's sounding great.

One thing I would say is the falling block-like enemies should only re-attack once they've returned to their original position, maybe?
I eagerly await more development.

EDIT: And that's why you always read the Readme...
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 12:10:01 PM »

That is some sexy pixel art.  Kiss Just downloaded, once I get a couple plays in I'll chime in my feedback.

ink.inc
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »

Got it running on another computer.

I appreciated the area that had a reference to Tetris (in the area with all the flowers). You had the 4 shapes lined up in one area.

Aside from that, I had a couple of errors.
I wasn't able to equip the boomerang for whatever reason.
I noticed that her falling animation happens too late (you can see from the direction of her hair)
Some noticeable screen tearing, but this happens across all GM games and I'm not too sure that there's any solution. It's not terrible though.
Sometimes it's difficult to discern what's foreground and background (ie what you can stand on).

Me too.
Aside from that, pretty decent, although a little floaty. 
MaloEspada
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »

Since it's all in early development, you don't need to equip it, it auto equips. You just need to press D. But I guess you mean you couldn't use it?

Thanks for playing ink.inc, I'll make her falling animation happen sooner.
ink.inc
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 03:44:53 PM »

Oh, well that'll make sense. I was sitting there for 5 minutes, wondering how to use it, then stopped and started to write my post.
MaloEspada
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 05:03:50 PM »

Do not worry as I put in-game help crystals so they teach you what to do etc.
Also i put a spike on the top of the falling enemy.
PureQuestion
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 05:13:05 PM »

Hmm...

Well, it's very well put together so far. Quite difficult, though.

Looking forward to more!

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 06:37:08 PM »

I felt like it haha. I guess I just like one-eyed things. Zelda inspiration, maybe. I don't think there will ever be an elaborated reason haha.
I thought it would be interesting if there was some particular reason for the similarities, kinda like how all the enemies in each Silent Hill game were all modeled after a certain idea. If you won't go into it, that's fine, but I'd like it if it were at least mentioned.

With that said, I can't play this game right now, but I do look forward to playing it when I can.

...That girl's mother doesn't come back in the end, does she.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 09:53:24 PM »

Blink - Somebody loves Leela.  Roll Eyes

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 08:26:44 AM »

Blink - Somebody loves Leela.  Roll Eyes
Durr...?
 Beer!
 Gentleman
 Lips Sealed
 Facepalm

The artist formally known as "Javet."
bart_the_13th
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 01:45:14 AM »

I havent played much of Game Maker games, but this one is among of the best game made with gamemaker I've ever played.
Character movement if good, I like the slashing effects. The graphics are flat but somehow they blends nicely to the game atmosphere.
The only thing I want to complain is the blocks the eye thrown. They went trough wall, I cant see them coming.
MaloEspada
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 11:52:25 AM »

The only thing I want to complain is the blocks the eye thrown. They went trough wall, I cant see them coming.

This was already fixed, but thanks for all the comments!

A new version should be coming soon, that is, if I get new music soon..
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 11:57:31 AM »

Don't worry. After today (nation's birthday) I'll be back on the music. I'm almost done with 2 of the 3 tracks.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic