Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:10:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMomodora (RELEASED!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Momodora (RELEASED!)  (Read 42651 times)
Maikel_Ortega
Level 1

...and the stars, my destination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2010, 05:11:00 AM »

Just finished it, and... well it's awesome. I love the sprites, the ciclops enemies (specially the wheel with other enemy inside, i loved that xD), and gameplay is fun. Just gonna point out a few things:

-The boomerang seemed too OP at first, but then you made rooms that needed to use the item, i liked that. Maybe you should add more switches. Everyone loves switches.

-Enemies are far 2 easy to kill (except for that falling-teeth-thing, that's though), but maybe more challenging formations will do: lots of box-tossers attacking so you need accurate timing to pass.

-I liked the stage-style the game seems to follow (with saving points placed far from each other etc...)

-There are some platforms, in the room where you get the gun, that are surrounded with falling-jaws-enemies. They are so close it's almost impossible to stay unharmed on that platform. Maybe it's what you wanted, i don't know.

Hope i've been of help. The game is pretty polished, and i liked it a lot. Looking forward to moar updates, so keep on the good work! :D

Melee Studios:http://melee-studios.com<br />Forever WIP (ESP devlog): http://maikel.londite.es/devlog/
MaloEspada
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »

MILESTONE 2 BUILD COMPLETE YAY

DOWNLOAD VERSION 0.14 HERE

This took a while. New to this version are more stages, more weapons, more enemies, more polishing, a pause/collectables screen, help crystals that act like a tutorial and this:

This "speech bubble" thing that appears whenever you switch weapons, indicating which weapon you are using now.

Some notes: stage 4 uses a WIP song and I'm not sure about the song in stage 5. Do you guys think it should be more actionish or is it okay?

I'll probably upload an updated version with the complete stage 4 song when it's done.

Also, milestone 3 build will take a while to get released since it'll have a lot of new content and I'll travel soon. Enjoy this for now!

-Enemies are far 2 easy to kill (except for that falling-teeth-thing, that's though), but maybe more challenging formations will do: lots of box-tossers attacking so you need accurate timing to pass.
I see, I'll work on more challenging formations then.
-There are some platforms, in the room where you get the gun, that are surrounded with falling-jaws-enemies. They are so close it's almost impossible to stay unharmed on that platform. Maybe it's what you wanted, i don't know.
This was fixed, I think. If it's in the start of Stage 2 I hope it's better now.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:22:40 PM by rdein » Logged
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2010, 05:58:43 PM »

This seems promising! I'm keeping tabs on this for sure.

Possible bug: the game runs more slowly after the first death (I'm on Windows 7). Quitting and restarting the program seems to fix it.

Do the save points work yet? When I press A after dying, I'm taken back to the menu.

Edit:
I like the idea of having the boomerang attached to a separate button than the primary weapon. It could make for some neat situations.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 06:15:45 PM by Sparky » Logged
MaloEspada
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »

This seems promising! I'm keeping tabs on this for sure.

Possible bug: the game runs more slowly after the first death (I'm on Windows 7). Quitting and restarting the program seems to fix it.

Do the save points work yet? When I press A after dying, I'm taken back to the menu.

Edit:
I like the idea of having the boomerang attached to a separate button than the primary weapon. It could make for some neat situations.

You need to press D on the title screen to load your save. I think it says there? Also whenever you die you go to the title screen automatically.
I don't know about the "first death" thing, never experienced that... I guess somebody with Windows 7 can confirm if this happens too?

Thanks for the comments Sparky!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:36:05 PM by rdein » Logged
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 09:42:34 PM »

I tried on windows 7 and had no slowdown.

I the game is really turning out nicely. the water level was cool.
The diamonds look better, and look like they spin.
Maybe have the info-diamonds be a different color from save point?
The purple tileset was hard to see against the background; make the background darker.
how many items were findable in the demo? I got just 3 i think.

Music is really awesome Javet.

ink.inc
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 10:35:26 PM »

Before the game can even start up, it displays

"ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object Main:

Error defining an external function."

Which is a damn shame, because it looks great, judging from the screenshots.

Tried it again; if you just hold Enter, the game will eventually get through all the error messages and start. It works perfectly too; loading is fine and everything. So maybe once the game is done, you can change it so that error messages aren't displayed in the global game settings.

Getting sweeter by the second.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »

Music is really awesome Javet.
Aww, shucks.

Embarrassed
 Hand Shake Left Screamy Hand Shake Right
 Tears of Joy

Thank you!

The artist formally known as "Javet."
MaloEspada
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »

version 0.15 up! nothing much new, just:

-a new title screen (courtesy of Tuyoki)

-green crystals that act as heal points (they were red before)
-stage 4 song is complete!
-i also changed the description of the revolver crystal, but this isnt very important hah

download
bart_the_13th
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 10:41:09 PM »

Awww.. That's cute  Well, hello there!
Lol, I havent finished the 1.4 version and you've already done the 1.5th Tongue
BTW, I noticed that the gun firing caused  a little bit of lagging, especially when you're shooting like crazy...
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 10:56:51 PM »

I didn't notice any lag.

Very enjoyable so far! Still too easy Tongue Maybe add a HARDCORE TO THE MAX mode? Also the music is very enjoyable. The instant-shot gun and machine gun seem kinda redundant with the first gun... (which I assume you've powered up since the first time I played?)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 11:48:48 PM »

The machine gun seems pointless, since the revolver can be fired as fast as you press the button. You should probably add a max firing speed to the revolver. (and normal gun if it works the same way)
MaloEspada
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 10:30:12 AM »

About the guns, I'll swap machine gun's and revolver's locations and add a 6 bullet limit to the Revolver, requiring you to reload. Also the first gun was indeed powered but compared to the Revolver, it really lacks power. Well, I can't have equal guns in terms of power.

I don't know if version 0.15 has the "falling" enemy fixed, but I changed that since you guys begged so much hah.

And Time Attack mode (the one below LOAD) will have 3HP I think, so that might be the HARD MODE you're looking for.

Thanks guys.
Next update will take a while, though...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:33:42 AM by rdein » Logged
bart_the_13th
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 09:47:52 PM »

"(I forgot the explanation about the machine gun here)"
"oh god this description is terrible"
Big Laff Nice touch there

In this 1.5 version, the handgun does not causing any more lags. And it plays easier than the 1.4
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2010, 10:56:47 AM »

People that care, I'm going to a summer camp in North Carolina for a week and will be un-contactable as of tonight at midnight.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Maikel_Ortega
Level 1

...and the stars, my destination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2010, 02:54:58 AM »

T_T I hope you didn't abandon this game, I'm really looking forward to it  Concerned

Melee Studios:http://melee-studios.com<br />Forever WIP (ESP devlog): http://maikel.londite.es/devlog/
MaloEspada
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2010, 09:55:30 AM »

No, in fact

I wonder who will get this reference...

It's being worked on. Don't worry.
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2010, 11:20:36 AM »

I got the reference. Am I cool now?

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2010, 07:01:52 AM »

I don't, but that's hilarious.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »

Is there a point to this game besides running around killing shit for no reason?
MaloEspada
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2010, 02:52:22 PM »

Is there a point to this game besides running around killing shit for no reason?

Well the game is not finished yet so you can only go through the current stages; the story bits only happen during the final world.
Also the reason is to get to the end of the dungeon and find a way to ressurrect your mom!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic