Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:56:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMomodora (RELEASED!)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Momodora (RELEASED!)  (Read 42501 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »

That title screen is so adorable. I want to eat it.

Game's a LOT better since the last time I saw it on irc. It's looking a lot more polished now, and the difficult curve is much smoother.

I agree with the sentiments that in several areas that foreground and background are sometimes hard to distinguish.

I think I got to the second save-point, before getting the boomerang. When I died and tried to load my save, the game froze on a black screen.

I like the graphics and the other small touches, though I think the main character could look even better with a little more animation frames to her.

In general good job.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
MaloEspada
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2010, 10:56:34 AM »

Momodora is complete!!

I can't help but feel a huge relief! I've wanted to make this game since I started the old Moonchild, and now it's finally done.

I want to thank everyone who supported me and who helped me finish this game! Specially Annihilator Beta and Easyname, who always provided feedback and even helped me program some parts of the game; Tuyoki and KittenEater, for being so supportive and providing a lot of fanart; Javet, for composing the amazing soundtrack IMO and for being someone I can always count on when I need to; Lime, Eric, Ciro and a lot of other people who were always there supporting me!!

Thank you all a lot! You guys rock!!

You can download the release candidate version here!
If you like the game, show it to your friends and stuff like that!

Thanks again and enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:04:10 AM by rdein » Logged
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2010, 11:25:38 AM »

Hey, congratulations on getting this far! I'm downloading immediately.

And thanks for helping test the game Oryx and I are making despite being in what must have been your final crunch Grin.
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2010, 12:39:18 PM »

Congrats on finishing the game! :>

I haven't played too far yet, but I'm really loving some of the enemy designs I'm seeing in the later areas. I enjoy seeing how the environment changes as I descend deeper into the cave, and the music is really brilliant at setting the mood so far, so fab job with that Javet.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2010, 01:06:52 PM »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,

shucks  Embarrassed

The artist formally known as "Javet."
PKBT
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2010, 05:12:34 PM »

Time to finish the game again in honor of the release!
It was nice to be working on the Tetris garden.

Wink.
MaloEspada
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2010, 05:32:47 PM »

^ he is really the one dude who made the tetris garden part : P

Thanks for the kind words guys! I appreciate it a lot.

A friend of mine found a minor bug, so I'm uploading a new version with the fix.
It's not necessary to download this version if you got 1.0. Like I said, it's just a minor bug, nothing game breaking.

The link is the same as before:
download version 1.1

Dozer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2010, 10:05:01 PM »

I'm lovin it! Great gameplay! Only problem I am having with it so far is that the uber powerful pistol doesn't feel all that uber. Could just be me though. Thanks alot for the game! :D
MaloEspada
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2010, 06:53:17 PM »

Based on some sugestions by flashygoodness and others, I changed the music volume (so it doesn't cause distortions anymore) and made the player flash red too when you get damaged.

I don't really think it's necessary to redownload if you got versions 1.0 or 1.1 and beat them, but still:

download version 1.2

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2010, 08:51:55 PM »

uhh got this fighting the boss.
Code:
ERROR in
action number 1
of  Step Event
for object lamia_boss2:

In script lamia_pet3:
Error in code at line 6:
   if player.x>x{move_towards_point(x+100,y,1)}

at position 12: Unknown variable x

I'm gonna go back to fighting now.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2010, 09:00:31 PM »

Sometimes gamemaker refuses to recognize some things as variables. Stupid gamemaker. If you don't know how to fix it var.x should work.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2010, 12:28:03 AM »

Neat game!  Wink
I enjoyed the tight jumping physics and the combat felt great too. The level design can get a tad repetitive though
and the title menu should default to "load game" seeing as that's what the player is going to use most often.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2010, 01:14:48 AM »

I have yet to play the finished game, but somehow I get the feeling that the girl's dead mother won't come back in the end. Can someone explain this?
MaloEspada
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2010, 08:45:15 AM »

Sometimes gamemaker refuses to recognize some things as variables. Stupid gamemaker. If you don't know how to fix it var.x should work.

My guess is that he died and the script ran looking for the player x. I already fixed it. Same download link as always.

The level design can get a tad repetitive though
Sad I wanted the level design to be one of the best parts, if not the best of the game.
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2010, 11:16:56 AM »

The level design can get a tad repetitive though
Sad I wanted the level design to be one of the best parts, if not the best of the game.

I was talking to Beta that the game can be cheap are at some points due to the level design.
For example, when the blue eyes shoot at you. You can't shoot the shots and because of the tight tunnels they are hard to dodge.

my suggestion is to make them shoot-able or have more open areas.

Another think I noticed is in the water level with the strongest handgun the circles go behind the water but also above the blocks. just looks funky. it would probably be easier to have the circles always in front.

I didn't find a few items too ]:

Other than that it's a good game. I had fun.

JoGribbs
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »

Game froze for me after I got the machine gun. I was loving it up until that happened though Smiley
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2010, 09:54:30 PM »

This game isn't in HD.

The music is terrible.

It needs DLC, but if it's over $10, I'm not buying it.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2010, 07:02:53 AM »

Oh, you...  Giggle
mintpuffs.
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2010, 06:22:52 AM »

okay... D: the framerate just kept dropping the longer I played...
after three screens it was on 5 FPS ;___; definitely not the games fault though!

I want to play this so badly Dx ugh. stupid old computer.

but congrats on finishing it ^_^ looks great~
JoGribbs
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2010, 08:12:03 AM »

I am having a lot of trouble with this game. I understand that the checkpoints are mean to bookend the various sections of the game, but they're too few and far between.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic