Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:50:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGameslinks to interesting Unity web-games
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: links to interesting Unity web-games  (Read 38139 times)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 12:07:21 PM »

I've had one bug that breaks the plugin when the game is loading. Specifically, if the "Unity" logo is up and the loading bar is still in progress and you switch tabs, it will usually crash the plugin. All you have to do is refresh the page though and wait until the game loads, then you can switch tabs all you want. This only happens to me on Chrome. Also happens if you middle click and open it in a new tab in the background.

Is this the same problem you are experiencing?
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »

Beer! OK thanks!

JackieJay
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 05:29:29 PM »

was experiencing the same exact problem, thanks !  Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmiley

deathtotheweird
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »

Via Dolorosa - a new game by increpare.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 07:08:01 PM »

i was just about to post that Smiley

deathtotheweird
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 09:47:07 PM »

CatStatic Interactive presents: The Adventures of Quentin B. Cube in the Multiverse

A very interesting and hard puzzle game made in only two-weeks. Nice graphics and presentation. Controls were a bit confusing at first, but I managed. WASD to move the cube and hold space to rotate the world.
increpare
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 11:05:14 PM »

A very interesting and hard puzzle game made in only two-weeks. Nice graphics and presentation. Controls were a bit confusing at first, but I managed. WASD to move the cube and hold space to rotate the world.
Ah interesting, though a number of things stood out quite a lot for me (The music I found was close enough to 'feed the world' that I found it impossible to enjoy anything at all.  I've never said something like that about a game's music before, it's quite a remarkable achievement).  I left a comment there.
foodi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 03:07:08 PM »

Hi increpare!
Honestly, i'm a little perplexed by your adverse reaction to the music, but i guess you can't win 'em all.

I don't think i'd ever heard the 'Feed the World' song prior to your mentioning it. Although it certainly sounds horrendous (i only heard it for a moment or two), i can't say i found it to be very evocative of the in-game music...
increpare
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 03:19:33 PM »

Hi increpare!
Honestly, i'm a little perplexed by your adverse reaction to the music, but i guess you can't win 'em all.
I played the game at about the midpoint of a nightlong diarrhoea-fest.  I would take all of my reactions with a pinch of salt.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »

http://vonlehecreative.com/langman.html

Hangman themed platformer

deathtotheweird
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 04:48:01 PM »

Catapult for Hire - demo of a Catapult game by Tyrone Henrie aka LoudPlay (don't forget to vote for it)
Catapult for Hire at indiepub games

Wingsuit Challenge - similar to aaaAAAaaAAa but instead it's a third person wingsuit game. enter the rings for points. rather difficult but very fun. controls are wasd and space

The Clotted Island - new puzzle game by increpare. some  very interesting puzzles and interesting atmosphere/graphics

And if you haven't been paying attention to the tigsource AGBIC compo there were 9 unity games made for it. 8 of which have web builds.

8-Bit Towlr Theory by allen - a towlr
Moonlight by Flimgoblin - musical platform game
Parachute Pete by Graham Roberts - parachute simulator and oceanic wildlife simulator
Little Bunny Foo Foo's Assault Jetbike Challenge by Wilson Saunders - bunny jetbike game
2061 by allen - atmospheric first person platformer
Monkey Freak by Chris Zamanillo - monkey platforming game
The Key by Toeofdoom - a unique rpg
Dolphin Noise by Felkraith - action game mix-matched from many different carts

you can find the threads for each game in the competition subforum
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 09:47:29 AM »

allen is always smoothly pimping his own games so nobody will notice. Gentleman

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
PlayMeTape
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 11:25:40 AM »

Indeed, exceptionally well done.  Gentleman

First nice touch was writing "by allen".
Second nice touch was putting both of your games separately in the list.

I applaud your cunning tactics allen (I also quite enjoyed 2061 Wink, except no respawning? What's up with that?).
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 11:33:28 AM »

Thanks for the mention allen  Grin

deathtotheweird
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »

Indeed, exceptionally well done.  Gentleman

First nice touch was writing "by allen".
Second nice touch was putting both of your games separately in the list.

I applaud your cunning tactics allen (I also quite enjoyed 2061 Wink, except no respawning? What's up with that?).

Haha actually they are in order as I was copying them from the finished compo games list.

I really don't have much of a reason for no respawning, but in the context of the game I felt it necessary to just end it if you 'failed'. I ran out of time, but I had originally planned a cutscene that would have justified not respawning and be less of an offense to the player. It doesn't make sense and it's a bit silly but that's okay, I can live with that.
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 04:50:25 PM »

Sorry for getting a little off topic, but I tried playing 2061, and it work. It loaded fine and when it starts I see the little unity logo come in and out in the bottom right corner, but after that I just get a black screen. Tried in both windowed and fullscreen, using Chrome on Vista. Other Unity games seem to be working fine Sad

deathtotheweird
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 06:04:11 PM »

that's intentional. if you've ever seen 2001, it starts up with around 4 minutes of darkness (mine is only 40 seconds). but I have another reason for that other than just copying 2001.

as a coincidence, I found this article about darkness on the tale of tale's cnctrc tumblr.
http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/36/lafarge.php

interesting read, but not what I was thinking about when I made it though.

also very interesting is according to my stattracker, 60% of users going to my 2061 web build all leave at 30 seconds or less. only 10 more seconds and they could have been playing the game. I guess most assumed it wasn't working (although it should be clear because music is playing)
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »

Oh, silly me . I thought it might be intentional, but apparently I never waited around quite long enough.

tyronehenrie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 07:29:33 AM »

Thanks for the mention despite my currently horrible level design!

deathtotheweird
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »

fun mouse only game made in 5 days for the experimental gameplays no button theme by Pedro Sousa

Man in Hat

another game for experimental gameplay, this one was for last months casual addiction:
Tilting is Fun, by Knut Arild Erstad
use the mouse to tilt the paddles to drop the ball into the center
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:34:51 PM by allen » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic