Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:45:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Under the Garden [FINAL GAME/EDITOR]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Under the Garden [FINAL GAME/EDITOR]  (Read 178707 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2010, 01:54:16 AM »

New build up, with the first of the humans in the editor, fixed some bugs, added some particle effects, added some static spawners via the static editor which arent functional as such yet for animals but the zombie one works fine as tested in the mod.  And I replaced all those boars with real zombies just before, tried to make a single screen arena game out of it, sort of works  Beer!  Oh aggressive creatures will now batter down walls and stuff now, so you cant perma-trap them inside somewhere without them bashing apart your structure, again check it out in the zombie house mod I snuck in the game, they within 30 seconds will push your house into a series of blocks Smiley

On that note I have some black market work to catch up on, so updates will be slow for a day or three.

Rumrusher it might be your video card, my old v card displays the alpha on the pixel shader stuff black also, hrmmm, might add another flag in player.ini to disable the fireplace effects as you need ps2.0 to see them.
as usual www.paul-greasley.com/garden/garden.zip
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:04:49 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2010, 03:59:56 AM »

I managed to lock up my system somehow with the new build, by fullscreening w/ alt+enter, exiting fullscreen the same way, and then hitting x. O_o I really want to play this, I'll try fiddling with some flags.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2010, 04:01:59 AM »

Its most likely something to do with the shaders, I guess the best try would be setting effects=7 in the player.ini file in scripts, if that doesn't work ill hack you up a custom build with all the fancy stuff ripped out Smiley  There is 2 player.ini files also, one per mod folder (1 for main, 1 for the example mod)

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2010, 05:49:18 AM »

New build up, with the first of the humans in the editor, fixed some bugs, added some particle effects, added some static spawners via the static editor which arent functional as such yet for animals but the zombie one works fine as tested in the mod.  And I replaced all those boars with real zombies just before, tried to make a single screen arena game out of it, sort of works  Beer!  Oh aggressive creatures will now batter down walls and stuff now, so you cant perma-trap them inside somewhere without them bashing apart your structure, again check it out in the zombie house mod I snuck in the game, they within 30 seconds will push your house into a series of blocks Smiley

On that note I have some black market work to catch up on, so updates will be slow for a day or three.

Rumrusher it might be your video card, my old v card displays the alpha on the pixel shader stuff black also, hrmmm, might add another flag in player.ini to disable the fireplace effects as you need ps2.0 to see them.
as usual www.paul-greasley.com/garden/garden.zip
I figured it's that I was going to suggest a micro version like you did with edmund(I'm surprised at the size about the size of that game from the screen cap compared to garden.) but it's not dampening my chances of editing files.
well either way I got all of Jimmy Bangbang the 2nd "The floating sign" conversation done so it doesn't look like your walking through the area alone(didn't check if the floating  ball is still there) next on the list for this mod is to some how find a way to cut and paste the whole nam level and load it with gun toting men, find a way to stick "zombie jesus", rap battles ,and a Gun girl tribute in to zombie mode(or not and make it a separate mode altogether).
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2010, 06:12:56 AM »

Okay rumrusher and Geti try the new build, I cant guarentee it will fix the errors wine is spitting, but setting "noshader=1" in the player.ini should disable all the fancy fire/fog/glow effects, makes the game look pretty crap but it should run alot better Smiley  You will need to do that for all the player.ini files depending on how many game folders you have made  Beer!

On a editor related note, ill continue to iron out bugs and add in the auto spawner stuff, but new features will have to wait till after the compo, black market calls, and I really want to make the mountain peak levels for the main game special, sort of like high end content Smiley
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 06:41:20 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2010, 07:00:22 AM »

I think you should clarify the efficiency of some tools over the other, of the two tools I found capable of breaking rocks I was unsure of which to keep. My inventory also became full very soon. My main experience playing the game was very fun, the second time I left the house I was out there for 5 days just going left, eventually my trek came to an end at the hands of a bear. Strangely enough the bear left me slightly intact and I killed it and ate the meat to recover, it must have been bad because I died, I got a wound and stopped playing because I was all the way back to my house! Five days of exploring and I was automatically put back to my house, I am curious how any could get far enough to go any place really exciting. I also think you should give a quick blurb about items in the inventory at the top. I accidentally clicked when I acquired some items and I would never know what it did. Thank you for the game.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2010, 03:01:35 PM »

I think you should clarify the efficiency of some tools over the other, of the two tools I found capable of breaking rocks I was unsure of which to keep. My inventory also became full very soon. My main experience playing the game was very fun, the second time I left the house I was out there for 5 days just going left, eventually my trek came to an end at the hands of a bear. Strangely enough the bear left me slightly intact and I killed it and ate the meat to recover, it must have been bad because I died, I got a wound and stopped playing because I was all the way back to my house! Five days of exploring and I was automatically put back to my house, I am curious how any could get far enough to go any place really exciting. I also think you should give a quick blurb about items in the inventory at the top. I accidentally clicked when I acquired some items and I would never know what it did. Thank you for the game.
it's the /nend code that keeping you from reading it all over again. removing the n would make it loop over if you ever pick it up(or highlight it) but that's just a guess. the hammer breaks rocks and repairs so it's pretty much a lvl.2 pick as the chainsaw is the upgrade to the axe.  fact that there are only 3 save points makes the game  :handshakeL:MANLY HARD:handshakeR: but with the editor you could spawn a fireplace any where and light another one.

tested the zombie finally got zombies but some how I broke it by loading up a different map level oh well.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »

I tried this on my main box rather than my laptop and had a good time building. I feel like some caves and cave hovels are in order, but that can be done later on with some editing I assume (also, maybe I just haven't got up to them yet).

Getting the latest build now to see if it fixes the issues on my laptop.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2010, 05:58:54 PM »

Ill add in a little blurb about the efficiency of the tools vs other tools in the tier, good suggestion Smiley
tested the zombie finally got zombies but some how I broke it by loading up a different map level oh well.

PM me your mod folder and ill try to remedy the problem for you Smiley

I tried this on my main box rather than my laptop and had a good time building. I feel like some caves and cave hovels are in order, but that can be done later on with some editing I assume (also, maybe I just haven't got up to them yet).

Getting the latest build now to see if it fixes the issues on my laptop.

Theres actually a few cave hovels, keep exploring Smiley  Hopefully it runs fine on your laptop Smiley

EDIT:  The next features ill throw in for the editor is trying to make most of the graphics/audio external, however Ill have to check with compound/craig stern about this because im not sure they want the audio all opened up, giving up the art aint a problem for me though so I might do the graphics first.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:46:26 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2010, 06:52:12 PM »

Well, sadly, it still doesnt work. It either causes my age-old GPU to freeze up (which would explain why the display locks) or a complete hardware block (which would explain why the display locks). Either way, I can't get you the error very easily, so I suppose I'll just have to deal with playing this on the box unless you've got any insight into what might be causing it. I'm playing with shaders off on effect 7, the menu animates but is cut off to begin with, and this is remedied by entering and exiting fullscreen. Then, upon giving the program input, everything freezes up.. It's probably my 64MB VRAM tbh Undecided

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2010, 10:00:35 PM »

the thing is I didn't mod anything it was a one of the maps ingame.
well it fine now(must been a slow load).

but if you want the modded map [alpha mod]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:40:00 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
Poopy McPants
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2010, 01:17:08 PM »

Uh, eating wood gives you stamina, which is weird? also eating house blocks gives you stamina... I also got killed by a boar and booted back to the menu screen (this boar I found in the blue feather breeding grounds, after I lit a fire in the mineshaft house...) ... it was the second time i was killed by a boar but the last time i just got sent back to my house. You also seem to keep all the new items you get when you die, which while nice, doesnt seem too realistic...
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »

Good find on the eating house/wood/firespawn location, fixed.  As far as the boar in the blue feather breeding grounds, theres a boar cavern right under there thats why.  Ummm if you got booted to the menu means you died, did it come up with a message saying you never returned home?

Oh and whats not realistic about keeping your items when you get a illness?

edit: you picked up a bug with the booted to menu thing, just fixing it up now, appears it just flat out kills you without any message if you encounter a boar/bear.

EDIT: okay should be fixed, give it a whirl.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:03:37 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2010, 07:05:48 PM »

Uh, eating wood gives you stamina, which is weird? also eating house blocks gives you stamina... I also got killed by a boar and booted back to the menu screen (this boar I found in the blue feather breeding grounds, after I lit a fire in the mineshaft house...) ... it was the second time i was killed by a boar but the last time i just got sent back to my house. You also seem to keep all the new items you get when you die, which while nice, doesnt seem too realistic...
I see it as this.
while you may be old as dirt you learn how to consume on nature to make it through hardships. so it wouldn't be strange to eat the tree you cut down.  Who, Me?
come on we got gravity defying blocks and eating wood is the thing that breaks disbelief.

fake edit:wait no wood eating... dang I really love that. man it's jumping over the wall all over again!
lumber logs are a good source of fiber! dang this kinda makes my map pack outdated.

edit:well looks like new comers have to rush to the left get the pick axe and break rocks for food(which is pretty unrealistic as well) until they can get a gun to kill food.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:20:21 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2010, 07:47:12 PM »

Or grow food rum? Haha, why does everyone ignore growing food?  Its the easiest way to last along time ingame.  Another change, animals now dont inflict instant death on you, yayyy.

Umm for those modding you will need to update your death1-10.ini scripts in your scripts folder as those warp strings have been replaced at the end with "/deadwrp" which will warp them to the last fireplace when they die.

EDIT: Just fixed the firelvl bug, thanks.  Alllllmoost done with the snowy peak levels Smiley
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 08:00:29 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2010, 08:47:24 PM »

Or grow food rum? Haha, why does everyone ignore growing food?  Its the easiest way to last along time ingame.  Another change, animals now dont inflict instant death on you, yayyy.

Umm for those modding you will need to update your death1-10.ini scripts in your scripts folder as those warp strings have been replaced at the end with "/deadwrp" which will warp them to the last fireplace when they die.

EDIT: Just fixed the firelvl bug, thanks.  Alllllmoost done with the snowy peak levels Smiley
I didn't forget it I didn't mention it for it's far from the pick axe.

but I don't know really due to the first time playing the with the edited scripts I took the right route, eating wood and the lucky kill of a rabbit with an axe, was the only mean of living until I got the hammer. If one could take the wood and make a mini campfire to keep yourself warm or say that's what your doing when you right click on wood.

edit: wait now before I forget I need to ask do I need just the number or the iinumber to spawn stuff because this /obj\4\4\ii25\ just creates a black spot in the upper left side of the map. ohkay here's the list of things you can summon.

9-bird
10-bat
11-moose?
12-bear!
13-elk
14-boar
60-82 are construction blocks that one can move around best for making a instant wall in for a boss fight, or mini fort, if scripts work like they should then one could spawn a fort from picking up one item.
83-zombie
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 03:29:03 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2010, 04:45:44 AM »

Aww man, last time I played I died right next to my fireplace and apparently I never got back. I had gotten so far just to die right next tot he life-giver with wood in my hand. It is not the first time that has happened. Being next to the fireplace with a roof over your head should stop stamina loss, even if the fireplace isn't on. I go to the last minute trying to find something so I do not have to warp to my house because I have been exploring for so long and so I end up with low stamina when I warp.

Secondly, I think you could implement the need to use 2 doses of a cure. Permanent diseases frustrate me and I often restart the game so I can be free of that ailment, what if you could cure it with multiple doses of a medicine or combine medicines? What if there was a tool that allowed you to combine different medicines to make more powerful medicine that can cure stronger ailments?

Thirdly, Sometimes the drops from mining can be frustrating. Unless it is freezing outside I am careful to smash every rock, one time I got all the way to the cavern and I had no lantern but a ton of food and medicine. Another time I got sick because I couldn't find food and sadly I couldn't find any medicine either so I restarted the game. I'm not sure how this can be fixed but I think it deserves some thought.

Finally, there should be a way to quickly restart the game. Sometimes you know it just wont work out but usually I am forced to delete that folder and reinstall it.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2010, 04:52:03 AM »

Haha theres not much I can do about dying 1 step away from the fireplace, thats on you, I usually build up a large supply of wood before venturing out, but the other stuff i might be able to do something about Smiley  I might add super cure type items around the map, like some sort of heal all diseases type potion/s.

Im DEFINATELY gonna add a restart button in right now, excellent suggestion.  As for the mining drops its all basically random, mining was never ment to be a skill that produced a specific result, whereas hunting produces food, seeding crops produces food, lumbering produces wood, etc, mining is sort of the skill thats a game of chance, sometimes you might get a useful item, sometimes you might get a useless box, sometimes you might get food, etc.  I dont see anything too wrong with mining, maybe the problem is people arent finding the seed bag/rifle quick enough.

I would like to hear some other peoples opinions on being indoors completely removes stamina loss?  I mean its no problem to do but ive set it up so depending on the day your gonna loose stamina reguardless, unless ofcorse its a fine day and thats the only exception where your stamina doesnt drain, ideas / opinions?

edit: Also, is anyone else think the rifle is a tad underpowered for killing bears now that they can litterally rampage through your blockades?  I was considering adding a revolver in as a really high tier weapon hidden in the peaks but first keen to hear if people are having problems killing bears also.  And possibly some sort of bow, which starts with a set amount of arrows but can be recollected to up ammo count, and make the rifle a bit more midgame...

Also while we are on item creep, would anyone object to loosing a inventory spot on there character to be able to wear animal furs?  They would reduce stamina drain from cold and would potentially solve the problem above...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:35:37 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2010, 06:43:50 AM »

Haha theres not much I can do about dying 1 step away from the fireplace, thats on you, I usually build up a large supply of wood before venturing out, but the other stuff i might be able to do something about Smiley  I might add super cure type items around the map, like some sort of heal all diseases type potion/s.

Im DEFINATELY gonna add a restart button in right now, excellent suggestion.  As for the mining drops its all basically random, mining was never ment to be a skill that produced a specific result, whereas hunting produces food, seeding crops produces food, lumbering produces Food, etc, mining is sort of the skill thats a game of chance of food, sometimes you might get a useful item like food, sometimes you might get a useless box, sometimes you might get !food!, etc.  I dont see anything too wrong with mining, maybe the problem is people arent finding use in the seed bag and getting to the rifle quick enough.

I would like to hear some other peoples opinions on being indoors completely removes stamina loss?  I mean its no problem to do but ive set it up so depending on the day your gonna loose stamina reguardless, unless ofcorse its a fine day and thats the only exception where your stamina doesnt drain, ideas / opinions?

edit: Also, is anyone else think the rifle is a tad underpowered for killing bears now that they can litterally rampage through your blockades?  I was considering adding a revolver in as a really high tier weapon hidden in the peaks but first keen to hear if people are having problems killing bears also.

nah but that's mostly due to I play it safe and use height as a advantage that and bears can't break down a wall that's reinforce with another wall, so they can break 1 wall but can't access the other due to the broken wall blocking the path. so all ye did was made it so trappers just double their circle before they capture a bear.

oh and non-perishables like the medkit and health drinks found from breaking rocks are much better survival meal than growing a plant 5 days away from a fort in the rain.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:04:13 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2010, 06:54:47 AM »

I think the stamina loss really depends on where you are, you have a wind setting pretty well implemented.  If you could use it so that you only lose stamina if you are getting touched by the wind. Somewhere a bit far on the left is a shack, I think it would be great if it would decrease stamina loss because off the roof. I mainly wanted a building with a fireplace to stop stamina loss not the others, but whatever you wish is fine.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic