Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:47:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Under the Garden [FINAL GAME/EDITOR]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Under the Garden [FINAL GAME/EDITOR]  (Read 179201 times)
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2010, 07:15:52 AM »

I think the stamina loss really depends on where you are, you have a wind setting pretty well implemented.  If you could use it so that you only lose stamina if you are getting touched by the wind. Somewhere a bit far on the left is a shack, I think it would be great if it would decrease stamina loss because off the roof. I mainly wanted a building with a fireplace to stop stamina loss not the others, but whatever you wish is fine.
maybe add a jacket, it seems the guy just walks around in summer gear in the winter, maybe let us skin an animal and doing so adds to the resistance to the weather then at least one won't have to grind med kits near camp to move to the next one.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2010, 11:59:47 AM »

You don't need that many medkits, just leave on a sunny day ffs.

Poopy McPants
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »

Or grow food rum? Haha, why does everyone ignore growing food?  Its the easiest way to last along time ingame.  Another change, animals now dont inflict instant death on you, yayyy.

Umm for those modding you will need to update your death1-10.ini scripts in your scripts folder as those warp strings have been replaced at the end with "/deadwrp" which will warp them to the last fireplace when they die.

EDIT: Just fixed the firelvl bug, thanks.  Alllllmoost done with the snowy peak levels Smiley

Wait? You can grow food?
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2010, 03:52:41 PM »

You don't need that many medkits, just leave on a sunny day ffs.
I usually bring two. My slow pc seem to speed up the weather system, and I need to wait 2 minutes before the game screen can clear up and the game doesn't pause during that time so I would either lose that sunny day any way. though I could just turn it off Durr...?.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2010, 06:05:24 PM »

Or grow food rum? Haha, why does everyone ignore growing food?  Its the easiest way to last along time ingame.  Another change, animals now dont inflict instant death on you, yayyy.

Umm for those modding you will need to update your death1-10.ini scripts in your scripts folder as those warp strings have been replaced at the end with "/deadwrp" which will warp them to the last fireplace when they die.

EDIT: Just fixed the firelvl bug, thanks.  Alllllmoost done with the snowy peak levels Smiley

Wait? You can grow food?

Yes lol, you can grow food, find the seed bag, godamn  Cheesy  Okay i added the pistol in the peaks as its pretty much nessisary to kill 2 bears at once, its a quicker firing weapon but it chews the ammo and its accuracy is lower, animals occasionally drop pelts also which can be worn to reduce cold damage.  Ive also added a super cure potion that removes all illnesses.  Im gonna put it up all at once with the peak levels so hold out Smiley  Oh and the restart button is in thanks chubysnow!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:25:33 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Ryavis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2010, 07:49:22 PM »

This game is kind of amazing. I like the whole feel of the thing.

There was one odd thing, though. I was walking around outside, and when changing maps the screen went dark for an unusual period of time. When it came back up I was back in my hut, and I had a new injury. I assume that was a bug.

By the way, is it okay with you if I make something inspired by this? I feel that I will need much more practice if I am to improve as a programmer, and I might as well get some of it by making something I am interested in.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2010, 07:58:46 PM »

There was one odd thing, though. I was walking around outside, and when changing maps the screen went dark for an unusual period of time. When it came back up I was back in my hut, and I had a new injury. I assume that was a bug.

By the way, is it okay with you if I make something inspired by this? I feel that I will need much more practice if I am to improve as a programmer, and I might as well get some of it by making something I am interested in.

Yea man thats definately a bug, ive fixed it in the build ill put up later, good find.  Yea man go for it more games the merrier  Grin  Glad you liked it

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2010, 08:39:20 PM »

it's pretty much the loading screen fails to stop the timer and everything around it until it's finishes.
depending the weather and area this can mean a bear,boar,snow,zombie, anything lethal can chip away your stamina while your blind as a bat. also when did bears end up being over power killing machines? they are too weak for me.

edit: after learning how to spawn items (thanks gnome) I want to know is there a way to make a script that plays in a loop that spawns a bumper crop of zombie(or pissed off clones of you if the new versions have them) and bears every so often, this is for a little map where you try to FARM while fending off either angry play testers(living and dead) that hunger your grains, and the usual bear.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 11:20:20 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2010, 01:38:44 AM »

Im adding animal functionality in now but in the static editor the zombie one currently works, it looks like a whited out zombie face with a little + down the bottom, more to come on that in the following days.  It should spawn zombies at a constant rate while not onscreen, ill have the animal one up next build.

Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2010, 10:45:38 AM »

I noticed that it a day passes whenever I come back on. The screen that tells you the game has changed days stops time from further progressing, not really a glitch but an interesting fact.

EDIT: Also, it seems it takes a while to find a rifle. I have played this game like 5 times and I have never gotten the rifle even though I have gotten tons of ammo packs, if you could use the ammo packs and load the ammo before you had the rifle it would save a large amount of inventory space. Also if you could drag 2 packs onto each other and combine them that would be great.

Double Edit: I found the rifle, silly me. Also that underwater place where you get the hammer is glitched: Using the availble reinforced blocks you can jump on them to go up the shaft leading you to a new and hidden area. The lighting is very harsh there and not very pleasant for the eyes, but it is a great place to explore. There are a few bats in the first stage and I got a stuffed bat there. But the real treasure is a bit more to the left, there is a huge room and using the same method to get up the shaft I used it to get up the chimney but alas it is a dead end, and same with the tunnel on the right. But if you look closely enough you can find something that looks like a bottle of milk but acts like a Mexican jumping bean. I am keeping that thing in my main house and I keep it as a pet.Really a great find, I wish you could expand upon that place.

Unnecessary Editing: I was reluctant to light a fire in a different home because of the main house I had, what if I could choose only to light the fire for the stamina recovery and not to set it as a checkpoint. Also a backpack would be a pretty useful item, it would take up a space in the normal inventory and give you maybe 3 slots extra space or so. However there would be a catch, to put in items you could simply drag them onto the icon. To take out the items you would have to place the backpack onto the ground. This would open up the inventory directly under the main one.

I really enjoyed the fact that the map looped, however somewhere in the mountain there was a door you had to climb to. Ignoring the fact that climbing is a pain the door would not open, I was really excited to find a door up there but it would not open! If you could explain what that door does that would help. I also could not seem to find the pistol, this may be a coincidence.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:29:57 PM by Chubysnow » Logged
Poopy McPants
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »

I found the seed bag but couldnt get it to work. It said i needed to plow the ground? is there a plow im missing?
Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »

Plowed soil are those brown clumps in the ground.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2010, 07:17:57 PM »

I noticed that it a day passes whenever I come back on. The screen that tells you the game has changed days stops time from further progressing, not really a glitch but an interesting fact.

EDIT: Also, it seems it takes a while to find a rifle. I have played this game like 5 times and I have never gotten the rifle even though I have gotten tons of ammo packs, if you could use the ammo packs and load the ammo before you had the rifle it would save a large amount of inventory space. Also if you could drag 2 packs onto each other and combine them that would be great.

Double Edit: I found the rifle, silly me. Also that underwater place where you get the hammer is glitched: Using the availble reinforced blocks you can jump on them to go up the shaft leading you to a new and hidden area. The lighting is very harsh there and not very pleasant for the eyes, but it is a great place to explore. There are a few bats in the first stage and I got a stuffed bat there. But the real treasure is a bit more to the left, there is a huge room and using the same method to get up the shaft I used it to get up the chimney but alas it is a dead end, and same with the tunnel on the right. But if you look closely enough you can find something that looks like a bottle of milk but acts like a Mexican jumping bean. I am keeping that thing in my main house and I keep it as a pet.Really a great find, I wish you could expand upon that place.

Unnecessary Editing: I was reluctant to light a fire in a different home because of the main house I had, what if I could choose only to light the fire for the stamina recovery and not to set it as a checkpoint. Also a backpack would be a pretty useful item, it would take up a space in the normal inventory and give you maybe 3 slots extra space or so. However there would be a catch, to put in items you could simply drag them onto the icon. To take out the items you would have to place the backpack onto the ground. This would open up the inventory directly under the main one.

I really enjoyed the fact that the map looped, however somewhere in the mountain there was a door you had to climb to. Ignoring the fact that climbing is a pain the door would not open, I was really excited to find a door up there but it would not open! If you could explain what that door does that would help. I also could not seem to find the pistol, this may be a coincidence.

Okay lets do it in order, the area you found is the heat caves, if you cross the lake you can access them from the other side/ the hole in the ground, its not a glitch, geez, have some faith.

The rifle is now very close to the start but you start ammoless with it with the introduction of the pistol, which is basically a rapid fire rifle without the accuracy, its badass.  It will also be hidden up in the mountain peaks levels.

Third, the door you found leads to the mountain tops/peaks, which isnt implemented yet, thats what im working on now, so patience Smiley As I said earlier been on black market stuff most of this week trying to get the campaign in, so this hasn't really progressed at all last few days, but ill put in some effort today and try and finish off the mountain peak levels.

edit: Oh ive also added explosives in the game for all those kiddies out there who used to build a massive lego fort then like to smash it/blow it up  Well, hello there!  I know I did
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 08:23:30 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2010, 08:48:55 PM »

Evil can you say full remake of the nam level?
so far finding the soil tile for the farm minigame is a little hard( I can spawn one with a script but then it really takes away the timing seeing how zombies/boar/bear still zerg when the level waiting to open it's eyes.

oh well best work on making a scripted non-day loop that constantly(how would one do this is a hurdle I need to jump) drops items in a water level with a constant wind blowing to give it a falling off the edge feel.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2010, 11:13:09 PM »

Okay ladies n gents, games done, its been fun, see yall next comp  My Word!

Remember if you want a mod included in the zip just email me or pm me here and ill throw it in the game zip so everyone can play it  Grin  Ill be updating this game I think after Black Market beta, so more to come after the comp  Beer!

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2010, 12:00:18 AM »

dang I was certain I was going to get this mod done.
so does the final version have human interaction or do I have to find some way to make a one hit kill zombie seem threatening to someone who can pick up the ambassador and a rifle?
also I notice the game shoots out two process one being under the garden and a stdrt.exe and removing stdrt causes to bring itself back.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2010, 12:03:23 AM »

Ill be sticking all those extras in when i find time after black market, Im a bit short on time currently and id rather release something decent instead of something half baked Smiley  The other exe might be mmf2, im just checking now.  On that note, if you want me to add something easy like stronger zombie spawner that shouldn't take too long, im mainly talking big features.

Theres 4 animal fur pelts/coats ingame now, which reduce weather damage, theres the six shooter pistol, and chubysnow.inc super potion, because chubysnow wanted a super potion  Grin
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:08:36 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2010, 12:10:52 AM »

Awesome. Don't forget to include it in the finished entries thread.

Found a little bug though, in full screen mode the main menu doesn't work. Have to exit fullscreen to start or start the game before you fullscreen.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2010, 12:25:32 AM »

Ill be sticking all those extras in when i find time after black market, Im a bit short on time currently and id rather release something decent instead of something half baked Smiley  The other exe might be mmf2, im just checking now.  On that note, if you want me to add something easy like stronger zombie spawner that shouldn't take too long, im mainly talking big features.

Theres 4 animal fur pelts/coats ingame now, which reduce weather damage, theres the six shooter pistol, and chubysnow.inc super potion, because chubysnow wanted a super potion  Grin
nah I can wait on the boss.
pgil
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2010, 07:27:18 AM »

Ummmmm.... I've got a problem.

Every time I run the game, my cpu usage goes up to 100%. There's a process running called stdrt.exe that's hogging all the resources. Looks like malware  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic