Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:14:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Under the Garden [FINAL GAME/EDITOR]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Under the Garden [FINAL GAME/EDITOR]  (Read 178686 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2010, 07:30:23 AM »

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/76867-stdrt-exe-running-windows-temp.html

Im pretty sure its apart of multimedia fusion 2 runtime, i build it on a seperate computer and same thing, so yep thats my best guess.

Edit:  http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=20349

Its because its compressed at runtime, ill do another build without it. 

Edit2: Okay its up.  Your gonna need a pretty decent comp to run this, direct x 9, fair chunk of ram, pixel shader 2 prefurable to get all the fancy effects.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 07:42:25 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2010, 03:45:44 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty damn sure stdrt is the MMF runtime. It pops up whenever you're playing any MMF game.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2010, 07:28:50 PM »

Lost several hours on this.

Few things I noticed: transitions are sticky. You can try to get out and stick to the air above the exit.

Also, I pushed an item near an area exit, and then every time I tried to enter that area it instantly pushed me back. After that I could never get to the first house to the left again.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2010, 07:32:15 PM »

stick to the air above the next exit?  Like get stuck on the terrain or something?

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2010, 08:11:53 PM »

When I jump off a tree next to an area transition, say, I can stick to the edge of the screen and drag like I'm sticking to a tree I'm trying to climb over. It's only when I hit the actual transition trigger (about player height from the ground) that I go to the next area.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2010, 08:12:58 PM »

Okies man ill look into that for you  Grin  Give me a day or two though its kinda mental here at the moment.

Toeofdoom
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2010, 11:50:57 PM »

You just got an article...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/08/05/jim-sim-under-the-garden/

I really should play this game.

Tiyuri
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2010, 04:34:11 AM »

Any chance of network multiplayer?
Would be great in a game like this
MalcolmLittle
Level 0

Hear me say as the pavement whirls

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2010, 05:20:09 AM »

Incredible! You have effectively reduced my workplace to zero productivity this afternoon.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2010, 09:23:07 AM »

I was wondering is it possible to code a script to loop it self say like this?
Code:
[run]

say=/obj\56\5\83\/scr\zombie\/end

if so then scripted boss fights can be done... though getting in a end script to work when you kill the key creature is a hurdle

other than that a good 3/4 of the rum'map pack is complete.
all I need to do now is finish figuring out which global number code drops logs(without overloading the game) and launch them to the right of the screen where the player should be.

the same problem effects the edmund level where instead of editing the levels with zombie spawners I was going for a scripted loop to give a more control feel than just zombies out of nowhere for no reason.

which brings me to this questions is there a way to Remove creatures/items from a map using scripts?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2010, 07:17:14 PM »

You just got an article...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/08/05/jim-sim-under-the-garden/

I really should play this game.

Well thats positive, thanks for the find man Smiley  Glad a few people are having fun with the game.

Incredible! You have effectively reduced my workplace to zero productivity this afternoon.

So long as your workplace isnt making the starcraft 2 expansions then thats all good with me lol, if not get back to work and make me some new zerg units!  Cheesy

Any chance of network multiplayer?
Would be great in a game like this

Ill be doing a proper overhaul after black market beta, things I definately want on the list is cleaning up the level files a bit for quicker loading, expanding the world and expanding the item list, maybe mutliplayer I dont think my programming skills are upto that yet, we shall see.  Oh and definately making the assets for the game external so its easier to add different tilesets in.

I was wondering is it possible to code a script to loop it self say like this?
Code:
[run]

say=/obj\56\5\83\/scr\zombie\/end

if so then scripted boss fights can be done... though getting in a end script to work when you kill the key creature is a hurdle

other than that a good 3/4 of the rum'map pack is complete.
all I need to do now is finish figuring out which global number code drops logs(without overloading the game) and launch them to the right of the screen where the player should be.

the same problem effects the edmund level where instead of editing the levels with zombie spawners I was going for a scripted loop to give a more control feel than just zombies out of nowhere for no reason.

which brings me to this questions is there a way to Remove creatures/items from a map using scripts?

Problem with a loop like that currently is it will keep the dialog window open, I guess I should get working on a script loop that doesnt popup dialog boxes... Wood is value 49 im pretty sure.  And there is no current function to wipe the screen, I could add one though deleting specific globals could be tricky.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:37:24 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »

one map pack

what's in it
a badly scripted zombie room
two areas for building and health supplies
a water level and logs that float down(spent too much time on this.)
a the first level of edmund with a twist
a farming area that should have the right tools for farming (this is where I found out what number wood was when I tested it.)
a map use for bear training.
and this is in the warp room the rest of the normal game should have been edited.

to bad I done this in the non reset, wood eating, zombie having version and not the final one... so I don't know how compatible this map pack is.
if you excuse me I have to clear my mind for a second and think up a way to throw in a silly comic for the map pack(and game.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:08:55 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2010, 12:45:08 PM »

Ok.  Blink

Innovation : Check.
Beautiful graphics & perfect color scheme : Check.
Atmospheric music & sfx : Check.
Clever use of physics : Check.
Adultness : Check.
Perfect balance between the time investment & awesomeness of the result : Check.

WTF.
We have a winner here :D

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2010, 12:55:04 PM »

I haven't played much of this yet, but what I have seen so far makes me seriously question how you completed this much within the time restraints. Crazy

Excellent work, sir.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2010, 07:03:41 PM »

one map pack

what's in it
a badly scripted zombie room
two areas for building and health supplies
a water level and logs that float down(spent too much time on this.)
a the first level of edmund with a twist
a farming area that should have the right tools for farming (this is where I found out what number wood was when I tested it.)
a map use for bear training.
and this is in the warp room the rest of the normal game should have been edited.

to bad I done this in the non reset, wood eating, zombie having version and not the final one... so I don't know how compatible this map pack is.
if you excuse me I have to clear my mind for a second and think up a way to throw in a silly comic for the map pack(and game.)

Your map pack is hillarious, ill add it to the after competition build when I get the chance, give you time to polish it a bit, keen to see the final comic  Cheesy

Ok.  Blink

Innovation : Check.
Beautiful graphics & perfect color scheme : Check.
Atmospheric music & sfx : Check.
Clever use of physics : Check.
Adultness : Check.
Perfect balance between the time investment & awesomeness of the result : Check.

WTF.
We have a winner here :D

Thanks dawg   Beer!  Glad you liked

I haven't played much of this yet, but what I have seen so far makes me seriously question how you completed this much within the time restraints. Crazy

Excellent work, sir.

No starcraft 2 and getting hammered at the pub was the main factors  Beer!  Glad you liked

miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2010, 07:40:48 PM »

I didn't get to playing this until yesterday because I was intimidated by its depth but I just tried it out and it's fantastic! Guaranteed winner, I think Smiley Can anyone tell me though, is this just a survive-as-long-as-you-can deal? If the map objects don't regenerate, where am I supposed to get more health packs/ammo/etc? How do you save? (the game seems to imply lighting a fire will do it, but I did and still lost my progress. Or does dying wipe your save?)

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2010, 07:45:19 PM »

Maps do regenerate, it takes a couple of days for rocks/mounds, trees take some time longer, new animals appear also, I think its set to about 3-5 days, higher for birds and bats however.  The game will autosave every second or so, its all recorded in player.ini in \0\scripts so just copy paste that into another directory if you want to manually save progress.  Lighting a fire will just set your restart point if you quit the game to the fireplace location, it will also act as a warp as explained  Grin  Thanks for checkin it out  Gentleman

To answer the question better, digging actually is the best way to find misc items such as ammo and health packs, yes I know its kinda retarded lol, but the magic that is hiding under those rocks  Cheesy  There is a fair bit of ammo lying around the world though most of it I usually just dig for.  Planting crops is the easiest way to obtain large amounts of food though, med kits/soup/etc are  really only useful because some heal illnesses/ they dont go off/wilt.  Though if your low on ammo you can still solo agressive creatures well with the hammer/chainsaw, the chainsaw especially.  Just be prepared to use some barricades and trap the creature a little.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:53:52 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2010, 11:01:37 PM »

great now how do I take destructive blocks, explosives(must be hidden file ii91, if not then I might just fire bears at ships aka the bear/boar missile cannon or BMC) and a spring board to recreate the fighting system in black market?

looting ships would be as easy as click and drag to the item slots, and getting custom weapons could be done with the use of removing the /nend with /end and select the item.

repairing the outer hull from enemy attacks could be simply taking the tile and placing it inside the ship while a fresh block is replaced, or using the 'Best Enharmonic Astro Restoration suit' and repair outside(going out there with out it means using up most of your oxygen and small case of drifting off into space).

Giggle maybe after getting flash back finished.

edit:heh heh yeah how do you use explosions/bombs/the E box?
I can't seem to find how in the new section of scripts
oh well, "this look great in my house!"
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:42:52 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2010, 05:42:25 AM »

Sweet, another question: how do you turn off the fuzz? I thought it was adding effects=7 to the player.ini but that doesn't seem to work.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2010, 05:43:34 AM »

Grabbing the latest build should have a smooth on/smooth off toggle down the bottom on the menu Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic