Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:10:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Under the Garden [FINAL GAME/EDITOR]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Under the Garden [FINAL GAME/EDITOR]  (Read 179065 times)
PlayMeTape
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 06:49:06 AM »

Am I the only one who really likes the blurry look? I don't know but it makes the image kind of warm.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 06:24:46 AM »

Got a bit of downtime so might aswell printscreen another romp around the game, since my video capture on my laptop runs painfully slow, featuring me, my axe, a few dead rabbits I found and a tree  Grin

Oh and a hunting rifle.  Heres some garden action, grew that shit myself!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:38:42 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 10:40:34 AM »

I want to play this real bad. Like real bad.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010, 01:19:31 AM »

I want to play this real bad. Like real bad.

Haha cool as man, well it should be done in a few days, just waiting on a few last little things really, that and well making sure nothings too broken, it probably will be though, its the biggest competition game ive made.

Gonna try and get the level editor good enough so people can mod it if they want also.

davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 04:59:26 AM »

this is... beautiful... Shocked

can't wait to try it Hand Any Key

Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 01:33:13 PM »

too awesome looking for words...

dontkickpenguins
Level 1

Used to be known as Penguinhat

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 01:53:05 PM »

I feel totally inadequate now. Thanks.

It's looking really good. I'm looking forward to playing it.

sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »

This is looking really nice. I think you've hit a good midpoint between detail and simplicity in the graphics.
I find that a lot of games with pixel art can tend towards overcomplicating the screen, and I know that I get a bit too minimalistic sometimes, but I really love where you are taking this.

Look forward to seeing how it turns out.
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2010, 12:34:32 PM »

Really looking amazing - very Superbrothersish.
You shouldn't release two versions, you should release whichever you like best (blurry or not).
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2010, 05:42:59 PM »

It should be fine ill add a toggle option in after the deadline, but before the deadline, and if it extends, ill be spending my time filling out player built housing a bit better, because it was something I wanted to add initially but not sure if id find the time, so I got a few days left, might aswell creep it out.  Just need the weather system to play nice with a player made house so when you go outside the weather damages you.  I should have a demo up tommorow though really depends if I can sort out my hosting...

Oh and managed to lure in compound again to do sfx, thanks man Smiley

Requirements to play are windows machine, dx9, and a fair bit of ram, basicly the same as edmund, havent really spend much time optimising it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 06:13:23 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »

Best of luck, I am really excited about this game.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2010, 04:11:56 PM »

Player-built housing?  Do I get to be an interior decorator?

hi
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2010, 11:57:24 PM »

not quite, just sorting the hosting out now demo will be up shortly and you can find out for yourself.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2010, 02:27:03 AM »

As the blazen hazen says, its just a demo... Direct X 9, ps2 support probably required, it doesnt run all that friendly on slower machines....

Would appreciate any bug reports, spelling errors, general dodgyness sent to my pm on tigsource, there will be alot of it, that would be super  Beer!  Thanks Compound and Craig Stern for the killer beats  Grin  Ummmm check the first page for todo updates tommorow I guess, theres a ton still todo, so it looks like this might extend past the comp, we shall see...

Oh on a final note, ill be putting a guide up on the first page, since alot of the items are quite vague/etc and will help people who are having a bit of trouble...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:49:44 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2010, 04:33:12 AM »

404 error

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2010, 04:34:07 AM »

yea just reuploading with a few fixes, try in a few min...

update: Just fixed the try again bug and the slowdown (assuming some people are still getting slowdown in general), its up.

Now im gonna add some bear traps and explosives, yeaaa  Cool

On that note, next up after the fun stuff above assuming melly gives a extention  Well, hello there! is item conversion and upping the tree/lumber levels, so you can convert lumber into various house objects instead of relying on finding them, and also convert food into cooked meals instead of just eating stuff raw...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:54:02 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Canute
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2010, 05:39:14 AM »

Nice work! It plays and looks as good as I expected. I reallt like how you can deconstruct house pieces and build stepping stones with them. Looking forward to the final release!
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2010, 05:32:32 PM »

Thanks for playin dude  Grin  Thanks to tim for the kickass feedback, ive added tree regrowth back in due to low lumber supplies, and also fixed a ton of bugs including the repeat jump bug (i think...).  New build on frontpage would appreciate anyone who had the jump bug to check it out as I couldnt reproduce it...  Oh and if you dont repair your house or leave a gap in its structure it will leak now  Wink  And as usual cold water lowers your stamina, so fix those leaky houses!

As exampled in this newb house i quickly build... my other other other house is 3 stories high and full of badass  Well, hello there!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:02:13 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »

Alright, I played around with it some. First of all, great visuals, they look awesome in motion, though I'm still in the camp that thinks crisp pixels would look better. It was often difficult to discern objects. Perhaps increasing the overall contrast gently, if possible, would also help.

The building/moving objects mechanic is also very interesting. The inventory is pretty cramped, so it was sometimes difficult to judge what I should bring. I really liked the size of the world you created. There was plenty of exploration to be had, and you often found very interesting things, like an abandoned underground house, or be surprised with a system of caves.

Unfortunately, the platforming is quite simply awful. I seem to bounce out of every wall, and making simple jumps is a chore, which has led me to a few unintended falls. It also decreases the joy of exploring this world you built because it's harder to get around that I feel it should be.

I think this game has immense potential and there's already a lot of awesomeness implemented, but the platforming alone tarnishes an amazing experience. Of course, this is my own personal opinion, but I'm very much hoping you'll make moving around the game easier, as I don't feel an extra challenge in that area adds to the experience.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2010, 06:48:27 PM »

Ill try and drop some tweaks on the platforming, was it just the bouncyness that you found anoying?  A more specific list would be really helpful Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic