Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 09:42:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Under the Garden [FINAL GAME/EDITOR]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Under the Garden [FINAL GAME/EDITOR]  (Read 179049 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2010, 04:09:21 PM »

Man this is impressive.

I still think you should fix some of the wall tiles being the same color as background tiles, making it very difficult to differentiate them, especially with the blurred pixel look. I actually think that should be a priority. Sorry if you already fixed that, but I don't remember you even mentioning that issue. Tongue

Oh, I kind of overlooked that, i might start by brigtening up collidable boxes, see if that makes it more obvious, maybe a slight colour shift, sorry ive overlooked that, black market work was breathing down my neck yesterday Sad

Ill do those minor fixes aswell as save the last place the player killed the game from, and make the number of fireplaces upto whoevers using the editor, hopefully get that new area done soon and throw in lighting, hail and hurricane weather if i find the time Smiley

Anyone needs some custom stuff for the quirky mod they made just yell also, it would be too easy Smiley

EDIT:  You are now able to place your own fireplaces, keep it to 1 per screen peoples otherwise it might bug out Smiley  And collidable house blocks have been hue shifted and lightened.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:23:45 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »

I'll be sure to play around with the editor.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2010, 01:54:29 AM »

Tears of Joy oh god this game is beautiful, sucks that my slow ass pc makes the framerate so slow that it's rains, sleet, and blows, under 2 seconds in game causing me to permanently stay indoors or risk being killed by rain.
did had my hand at the editor and wonder what if...

Giggle
wow it works sadly the old feller was holding a bag of I think was chicken feed and his motor functions stop(this must have been from moving the edited scripts too and this suppose to be a talking scene).  I call this under the edmund.
oh and love the easter egg in file "ii36"

edit: wait I just tested the reversal and this is what I got.

"garden"
Michael (aka Sean Connery) is only playable in both in glitch detroit and glitch nam' he loses his gun of door shooting and it seems the coding prevents me to warp to the other levels. oh and the nam level I haven't been in with in the garden but it seems like it almost the first area of cave story. on with red FU every where and no exit.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:12:58 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2010, 02:04:52 AM »

lol you loaded a edmund level?  Haha I kind of see it now, the building tile graphics now being replaced by ground haha.  Glad you liked the easter egg, if you have any questions about editing the game let me know Smiley

EDIT: You might be able to do a conversion if the string for each tile was the same, but unfortunately edmund's editor sticks a extra warp string in the level files Sad  That and it uses some of the values from the movement/collision tags where Garden uses physics for most of that stuff now.

Ill also throw a toggle in the next build to turn off pfx so you can edit without the lag, that should sort it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:23:05 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2010, 03:06:17 AM »

lol you loaded a edmund level?  Haha I kind of see it now, the building tile graphics now being replaced by ground haha.  Glad you liked the easter egg, if you have any questions about editing the game let me know Smiley
I wonder what took the place of emily in the file swap?
I don't know but after some getting use to the I could add in a bear or something add in a silly cutscene to it as well like this.
Code:
say=my you must be emily my name is old elmer/nam\emily\.../nam\ol' elmer\not much of a talker\well I need to find my house before I die from the cold\any chance of pointing me to the direction from here?/nam\emily\.../nam\ol' elmer\...\ hey I bet people say you have such a pretty face/shakeon/nam\emily\ROARRRRRR!!!!!!/shakeoff/nend

to bad I need to find out how to get the guy to move around in the edmund levels... like in level 15 and with the tentacle bridge piece monster.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2010, 03:12:42 AM »

Ill add some functionality into the scripts right now so you can create objects, something like this /obj\xpos\ypos\type\ .

Give me a hour and ill put it in a build and throw it up for you, that should allow you to create animals/global objects via scripts. I sort of left this out intentionally as I know it would make some really retarded type bugs, but thats not my problem if someone wants to spawn 100100101011010 bears or trees or birds onto a map in a split second  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 03:26:02 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2010, 03:36:11 AM »

dang to think from the ashes of a long walk, door shooting, "rape" sim comes back as a long walk, boar shooting, "farm" sim. it a shame that my slow pc can't handle the alpha but it's won't stop me from editing.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2010, 04:06:41 AM »

dang to think from the ashes of a long walk, door shooting, "rape" sim comes back as a long walk, boar shooting, "farm" sim. it a shame that my slow pc can't handle the alpha but it's won't stop me from editing.

Umm okay new build going up, theres a setting in player.ini which is "wtoggle=0", set it to 1 and it will turn weather off, it will mean days wont progress or hazards wont happen but it will make it run fine on your computer, you might also want to turn off bluring by setting "effect=7".  While we are on that, effect=1 is greyscale, effect=2 is sepia tone, effect=3 is night vision, incase you wanted to make something really wack, effect=4 is blue tint, effect=5 is red tint, effect=6 is green tint.  And effect=7 is for melly and the other pixel people, it turns smoothing off.

anyway images:

And just a reminder for using the /obj spawning script, it will crash if you spawn 1000 entities, so be smart Tongue

Next up ill add a human global enity and a agressive human global, has been the most requested addition next to that Smiley  Keep the suggestions comming.

EDIT 2:

So spent tonight making the game work in sub folders, cleaning it up a little, adding audio support to the scripting system and doing a little example game for those interested, only took about a hour and I mostly used levels from the original game, but the flexability is there to make it less like the original game if I wanted to sink the time.... which I dont its primarily a example file, So who can survive out against the hordes of ZOMBIE BOARS!?! (Yes I know that music I jammed in there is aweful, ill fix it tommorow)

You can now access all the mods from the main screen, yay!

I should add, this game took about a hour to make, and it was made with no custom stuff which is kind of obvious, that being said id happily add some custom stuff if you make something cool Smiley Okay im going to sleep. Ill add that person spawner in tommorow so i can swap boars for real zombies, wooot, and make a static spawner for creatures.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:24:23 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2010, 10:53:59 AM »

Whoa, all of this is amazing gnome. I'll need to play around with all that when I get the time. Kiss

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2010, 01:00:30 PM »

Ooh, I really like the atmosphere. I look forward to playing a build when I've got a chance.
Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2010, 02:57:29 PM »

Im not sure if this is intentional or not but if I jump I cant change screens till I touch the ground. I also think something should be said before he kills the first rabbit, there should be some moral something or other. Finally, on the second area from the house if you click on the question mark it appears as /nam then the dialogue continues. I am enjoying the game so far and just wanted to give some helpful feedback.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2010, 04:00:27 PM »

The sensors for level swapping are placed relatively close to the ground atm, though I dont think thats a big issue.  Good find on the /nam bug just removed it Smiley  And as far as adding a moral message before he kills a animal, ive decided to leave any moral statements out of the game, aside from the help boxes and the tutorials the game is free from dialog, I think it plays better that way.

EDIT:  Humans are going in now, expect them in the next build to be placeable ingame Smiley  , and special request being zombies, Ill add them also.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:38:49 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2010, 04:04:35 PM »

The sensors for level swapping are placed relatively close to the ground atm, though I dont think thats a big issue.  Good find on the /nam bug just removed it Smiley  And as far as adding a moral message before he kills a animal, ive decided to leave any moral statements out of the game, aside from the help boxes and the tutorials the game is free from dialog, I think it plays better that way.
besides one could add in morals later on their own with the level editor.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2010, 04:23:41 PM »

You are my hero dude.

hi
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2010, 04:55:15 PM »

hmm people eh' I wonder if we can arm them with weapons and have some fight each other.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2010, 05:13:37 PM »

Ill see what I can do, ill make the following:

zombie/monster- braindead, just charges animals, humans and you, if he kills a human it sets there spawner to zombie.

human male/female- generic roaming ai that just moves back and foward.

warrior with melee weapon- human who will charge animals and zombies and you if you attack a human on the same screen.

warrior with rifle- shoots at zombie/monster and animals and you if you attack a human on the same screen.

Thought id throw the melee one in if anyone wanted to make something more medieval, that way you can have towns with axemen in it that patrol the edges of town.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2010, 08:16:32 PM »

D: I can't get this working under wine, says I'm missing paralax.mfx and crashes.
preEDIT: found the issue through the terminal, I'm missing some .dlls. Hopefully that'll fix it up, will post results. Looks freaking amazing, btw

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »

Ill fix that now actually, all the paralaxx stuff in the editor is currently unused  Beer!

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2010, 10:25:21 PM »

cool beans Smiley It's still playing up,
Code:
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f684,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on Intel ICH6 Modem, disabling mixer
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x12ff88,0x130b40): stub
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x12ff88,0x130b40): stub
fixme:heap:RtlCompactHeap (0x460000, 0x0) stub
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f7a4,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x20068), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:d3d9:Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub
Are the errors wine throws, but they're mostly wine issues methinks :/ the game is stuck on the menu, if I fullscreen it something that looks more complete flashes up and then vanishes Undecided Unsure of what's really going on though.

EDIT: further errors
Code:
err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Reset Cannot change the back buffer format yet
err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Reset Cannot change the device window yet
Happen upon fullscreen. The whole menu appears for one frame rather than just the top left corner (just over 1/4 of the screen I think) of it, and then the screen defaults to a dark green.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:32:48 PM by Geti » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2010, 12:52:46 AM »

Well between panicking over finding the mouse cursor in a snow storm,
having to live off of wood to explore the game because meat is a rare commodity and the fire place is a lag hot spot... please ignore the fact I had weather on I was just showing a point.
ontouch scripts and item retrieval scripts stop the player but does not open a dialog box forcing one to skip the whole discussion. other than that the game is pretty FUN!

and by fun I mean by toady one meaning of it where losing is FUN!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic