Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 09:43:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] The Web [CANCELLED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] The Web [CANCELLED]  (Read 1939 times)
CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »

You're a spider. You're not just a spider, but a mother spider. Do you see that 'THE'? Those are your babies, all 738 of them! You must defend and maintain your web-come-nest against the inadvertent onslaught of bugs, birds and other undesirables that might also later become food. It is up to you to ensure your children do not fall to their untimely deaths because of the more inconsiderate members of your ecosystem.

Edit: So at the risk of sounding like I'm giving up, I'm giving up on this idea because it seems I've hit something of a technical wall already. To the finding something much simpler.

Edit Edit: Now GrandmaGeddon. More on this soon.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 03:54:58 PM by Lightnix » Logged

The Greenest Banana
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »

Spiders are too often the villains in video games. But they're cool! They want to live and love just like anyone! I'll be looking forward to it.

A Game By Its Cover Entry: Burp'N'Shoot
CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 06:03:54 PM »

So because I'm a massive indecisive cop-out (and I'd like to apologise to the fellow above for that), couldn't flesh out my previous idea without either disappointing myself or at least making use of a physics engine with capabilities I'm not sure currently exist. I've therefore decided that I'm changing what I'm doing entirely because 'GrandmaGeddon' sounds so much cooler and easier to make. In short: age hindered grandma ends up killing pedestrians whilst attempting to carry out menial tasks in her crappy car and it's hilarious.

Snow
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 06:33:11 PM »

You don't need physics. You also don't need 700 spiderlings. When a certain area of your web gets hit too many times - spiderlings n to x of the whole group simply fall at a single constant speed... y+=speed; Done. As for repairing the web, can either draw lines physically or you have to do a certain pattern with your direction keys - to make it look like you're weaving and a fresh piece of web appears. Of course I'm just talking minimalistic 2d here. That's kind of what I (myself) envision a spider on a web game would be. Tongue
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 01:03:55 AM »

You should edit your thread title properly if you're cancelling a game, with " [CANCELLED]" at the end.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic