Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:52:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] For The Twin [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] For The Twin [FINISHED]  (Read 51668 times)
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2010, 12:02:09 PM »

Managed to throw together a YouTube trailer for the game today.

I'm not posting it in finished entries yet as I'm just sleeping on the game and listening to feedback at this point from players I've got trying it out. I've got time still and have to work on a few other games at this point. Soon though!

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2010, 04:49:56 AM »

i liked it, feels very polished...nice work on a simple yet addictive gameplay  Beer!

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »

Haha, this is looking quite awesome. It's pretty amazing how much you added to the original concept, and that music is delicious. Kiss

Not much I can say right now. Game works very well, looks nice, sounds great (in fact a suggestion of mine would be to have a sound test menu where I can just listen to the songs by themselves, maybe as an unlock for beating all challenges).

The Alien Mixer challenge is in fact a little easier than you probably intended, as having more than one type of twin makes it easy to disregard a heavy number of them when looking for the goal.

Nice work. Grin:handthumbsupR:

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2010, 11:00:19 AM »

For The Twin is finished! Woohoo!
Thanks for all the great feedback and encouragement along the way everyone.  Gentleman

PLAY FOR THE TWIN IN YOUR BROWSER

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »

I admit, I wasn't expecting much from a 'find the hidden object' game. But I quite enjoyed this. The fast pace, catchy music and quirky art style (inspired by one of my favorite cartridges) made the game a joy to play through.

You took this concept and did about as much with it as you could. I can't think of anything you could do that would make it significantly better. Well done.  Smiley

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2010, 09:50:13 AM »

I admit, I wasn't expecting much from a 'find the hidden object' game. But I quite enjoyed this. The fast pace, catchy music and quirky art style (inspired by one of my favorite cartridges) made the game a joy to play through.

You took this concept and did about as much with it as you could. I can't think of anything you could do that would make it significantly better. Well done.  Smiley

Thank you so much for the very kind words. I'm glad your expectations were proved otherwise.  Grin

I definitely looked at this game as a challenge to try and make the best of a simple hidden object / where's waldo concept. I too am not normally into those kinds of games and I like the exercise of picking genres that I'm not into and doing them in a style that I would want to play. I'm quite happy with how the game came out at the end. Thanks again for taking the time to play it.

Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2010, 05:05:35 AM »

Even slicker and more polished than I last played it.  This is as complete as a game can be.  Loving the alien dance party music.  Excellent!

Do you have plans for trying to monetize it in some way?  It seems 100% sponsor/whatever ready.

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »

The artist of the original Twins picture is the same as the artist for my game's inspiration, who seemed to appreciate being notified about my game. Maybe you should say something too. Smiley
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »

The artist of the original Twins picture is the same as the artist for my game's inspiration, who seemed to appreciate being notified about my game. Maybe you should say something too. Smiley

That's a great idea John. Can you PM me the artist's contact info?

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2010, 04:23:10 AM »

I am so envious of this. It's a brilliant piece of work, and fits the cart perfectly. I do have a couple of minor gripes though. Sometimes the twin is situated behind another critter and it's hard to even see them let alone click them. I found it really hard to distinguish some of the bipedal critters from each other. They all look very similar, and that is where I'd lose all my time. The other critters had better variety in shape and movement. Having said that, these are only very minor gripes and you should be extremely proud of this. Good work. Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2010, 04:44:49 PM »

I am so envious of this. It's a brilliant piece of work, and fits the cart perfectly. I do have a couple of minor gripes though. Sometimes the twin is situated behind another critter and it's hard to even see them let alone click them. I found it really hard to distinguish some of the bipedal critters from each other. They all look very similar, and that is where I'd lose all my time. The other critters had better variety in shape and movement. Having said that, these are only very minor gripes and you should be extremely proud of this. Good work. Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin

Thank you for the kind words! I totally hear you on your two minor gripes. I think of all the feedback I've received both of those points come up a good bit as room for improvement. I appreciate you taking the time to play the game and leave your positive as well as constructive negative feedback.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2010, 05:08:58 AM »

Some of the twins have shown up in a Texas office building!

Total coincidence, but still awesome.
(via BoingBoing)

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2010, 05:15:33 AM »

Haha Noyb--thanks for posting this!  I see my PR campaign has already launched...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic