Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:57:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Burp'N'Shoot
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Burp'N'Shoot  (Read 3738 times)
The Greenest Banana
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »

Description:
The only thing you hate more than those danged kids cutting across your lawn is sobriety. Luckily, with your massive collection of armaments and several cases of beer, neither is a problem! Strike back at ever-increasing waves of trespassers! Keep yourself drunk! Get bonus points for hitting things from the comfort of your lawn chair! But don't let your sobriety meter fill up or it's game over! A truly accurate documentary of what an obscure Japanese game company thinks American life is like.

All right, everyone else seems to be going for artistic games, so I'm going to do Burp'N'Shoot to balance it out. This is definitely going to be a flash-based, multidirectional shoot-em-up a la Robotron. Robotron with fewer people to rescue and a lot more alcohol.

A Game By Its Cover Entry: Burp'N'Shoot
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 04:37:13 PM »

Can I suggest an idea? Your idea soudns great but I think for extra challenge you shouldn't be allowed to ACTUALLY HIT the kids on your lawn, but the closer you shoot the more points/whatever you get. Add some drunken accuracy loss and I think it'd be a very very fun game! Glad someone is using this cart (although it was inevitable Smiley)

The Greenest Banana
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 04:54:55 PM »

That's a pretty good idea. How close can you get to shooting those got-danged kids without actually doing it? I suppose gunning down all the kids you can see would be illegal anyway (except in Texas).

A Game By Its Cover Entry: Burp'N'Shoot
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 05:13:05 PM »

That's a pretty good idea. How close can you get to shooting those got-danged kids without actually doing it? I suppose gunning down all the kids you can see would be illegal anyway (except in Texas).

Yeah I like the near-hit concept. Possibly you could use drinking the beer as a player controlled risk/reward mechanic.  The more drunk you are the better the score multiplier but the harder it is to control your shots.  You may hit a kid and ruin your life/score/game/whatever.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I'm psyched you picked this case.  It was definitely on my short-list before I picked my final one.

Galaxy613
Level 1

10,000 Lightyears of Awesome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 05:16:22 PM »

Another idea is each time you drink a beer, a beer bottle is added to your arsenal to throw like a grenade. Cheesy

[ Quest! ] A new year, with new possibilities. [ Follow me on Twitter! ]
////
Level 0

matthew

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 05:38:44 AM »

hah this is the best yet ,very atmospheric teheh.
"All right, everyone else seems to be going for artistic games, so I'm going to do Burp'N'Shoot to balance it out" - This game is art.   Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Joystick

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic