Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:19:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Rainbow Watcher
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Rainbow Watcher  (Read 3048 times)
N. Crayon
Level 0

A man of little talent.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:28:02 PM »

Rainbow Watcher

Description
You play as Kausikam, a young survivor on a journey through a ruined world, seeking revenge on the alien pretender-god Bhishma who laid waste to your world for purposes unknown. Armed only with your father's knife and your budding psychic powers, you will encounter hideous demons, twisted monsters, and, naturally, enemy scavengers in your quest for vengeance.

Think God of War's violence and storytelling with the Legend of Zelda's puzzle-solving with Beyond Oasis's action-packed style, and what do you get? RAINBOW WATCHER. COMING SOON TO A COMPETITION NEAR YOU-

Features
\\ Retro/future aesthetic.
\\ Fast-paced action platforming.
\\ Timing-based knife fighting combat.
\\ A freely transversable "Astral Realm".
\\ Innovative psychic powers.
\\ A wide-open post-apocalyptic world.

Download
Coming soon!

How to play
Arrow keys to move.
Z to jump.
X to interact/fight.
C to use powers.

Devlog
Week Zero: Selected a Famicase, assembled the Wonder Team, and started brainstorming. Came up with a basic idea for a game, and started spriting and creating a framework. We've decided on a game theme, and should have an updated, more serious description soon.
30JUN Update: Finished the main engine and added a Beyond Oasis-style attack system, where (depending on your timing), you can either jab with your knife or slash. Also added the basics of the astral form system, although it's going to take a little more effort to get done. Progress on the sprites and the level design continues. We have a sprite for the main character now! Say hello, Kausikam!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:07:18 AM by N. Crayon » Logged
N. Crayon
Level 0

A man of little talent.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:26:18 AM »

Yes, we used to use the Orange famicase but we've decided to go with a case that gives us just a tiny bit more direction. Also, don't be afraid to post ideas, feature requests, questions, complaints, etc. We like input!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »

That sounds pretty ambitious for a single month. Hope you can pull it off.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
N. Crayon
Level 0

A man of little talent.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »

That sounds pretty ambitious for a single month. Hope you can pull it off.
My Word! Wot wot?

Anyways, it's not so bad; Most of the gameplay is going to be centered around the travel between two planes and the knife fighting, which I have a pretty good mental picture of. We'll try to get the rest of it, but the further down the list it is, the less concerned any of us are about it.

If the game ends up being rather linear instead of open, none of us will have any hurt feelings, you know what I mean? And if the psychic powers aren't upgradeable, etc.

I appreciate your good wishes, though. I'm hoping we can pull this off, too.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:09:49 AM by N. Crayon » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic