Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411483 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:36:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Unspoken World (probably canceled)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Unspoken World (probably canceled)  (Read 1767 times)
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:46:31 PM »

Unspoken World
(working title?)

Unspoken World is a game inspired by the case to the right.  I instantly fell in love with the visual style, so I decided this one must be mine.

Gameplay is still a bit up in the air, I have a few ideas floating around in my head, but I think it will be first person, and probably have a descent amount of interaction with other characters in the world.  I hope for the gameplay to be unique and interesting, because frankly I don't want to spend my time making something that isn't. ( No there will not be gameplay elements revolving around the use of color; There won't even be any color. )

Here is an initial screenshot:

The purpose of it so far is to test out the rendering which is used on the sphere.  The ground texture is purely a placeholder.  Next I think I'm going to draw some character art.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:28:48 PM by Laremere » Logged

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Lega
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:25:19 PM »

This game looks really cool so far, just based off of that rendering shot I can tell the art style is going to be completely awesome! I was looking at that cartridge cover myself and found the art on it to be incredibly enticing as well; I'm glad someone is going to end up making a game behind it.

Goodluck! Grin

(Nice title, too! I don't think it needs changing at all.)

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 05:01:46 PM »

Any news on this one Laremere?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 06:27:10 PM »

I haven't been working on this.  I've found that I still need to learn a bunch more with Unity in order to really make anything worth playing, and I also haven't been devoting the time to it I should be, so I doubt this will be completed before the deadline.  I wish the other group that chose this same cartridge best of luck though.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic