Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:38:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift [CANCELLED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift [CANCELLED]  (Read 1936 times)
jfroco
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »

Fast and the Furious: Tokio Drift

Description
In the land that gave birth to the majority of modified racers on the road, the simple street race has been replaced by the ultimate pedal-to-the-metal, gravity-defying automotive challenge ... drift racing, a deadly combination of brutal speed on heart stopping courses of hairpin turns and switchbacks.
             Inspired by

Download
Not yet.

How to play
Use your Joystick Controllers with this Game Program.

This entry was cancelled, please see below.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 10:39:59 AM by jfroco » Logged
The Greenest Banana
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 08:02:01 PM »

A game about drifting on the 2600 would be quite an accomplishment. Are you going to try to make this a one-button-and-joystick game, or are you going to use a little artistic license?

A Game By Its Cover Entry: Burp'N'Shoot
jfroco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »

The Greenest Banana,

Thank you for asking.

Yes I'm going to try to stick to controls that are available for the real 2600, but I'm not sure yet about using paddles or standard joysticks.

Best regards

JF
rottendevice
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 09:57:44 PM »

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time."

I've never played a 2600 (style) racing game. Looks like fun!
jfroco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:38:32 AM »

Hi guys,

After reading several times the rules/guidelines: "Use carts that show original concepts and design. Avoid things like "Modern Warfare 2 on Atari 2600" or "Twilight as an NES game". Remember, we're here to prize originality and creativity!" I'm cancelling this entry and I'm going to make a new one that is not going to be based on a movie or a well known franchise.

EDIT: I will make a new game for the competition: Apollo 19: The secret missions

However, for those who wanted to see a indie (or Indy?) car racing game for the Atari 2600 here is a game I made in 2006. You will need an Atari 2600 emulator to run the image.

Las Vizcachas 2006

Download here.

Best regards
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:05:15 PM by jfroco » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic