Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 07:02:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Oh!! Tamanegi yarou chindouchyu!!! [FINISHED?!]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Oh!! Tamanegi yarou chindouchyu!!! [FINISHED?!]  (Read 23408 times)
tipp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 03:14:48 PM »

Love it. Reminds me a lot of Katamari Damacy.

miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 02:25:02 AM »

Cramming such a long title together in an aesthetically pleasing way was a bit of a challenge.
I realized a while back the word is actually "chindouchuu" but screw that, I'm going with what the cartridge says Tongue
I also realized I have to work all day tomorrow. Oops! Hope we get that extension, or no compo entry for miconazole.

miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2010, 09:17:39 AM »

I sat down and wrote down everything I have left to do. The list is... longer than I thought :S

But hey, at least I have a title screen now.

Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 10:52:29 AM »

It is coming along pretty well, look at all of the people who want you to finish. Keep trying dude.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »

This game is seriously beautiful and sounding great. Best of luck!
miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2010, 04:40:23 AM »

Well, this is as much as I'm going to get done before the deadline! It feels a little... unfinished, probably because I haven't really sorted my colours out and everything blend into everything else a little. But I guess it's too late to worry about that! I hope this lives up to your expectations :V

Now with that said... I spent so much time creating graphics the past couple of days I haven't really tested a whole lot, plus this game is actually pretty damn hard to play alone. So I'm gonna to seek out some friends for some last-minute testing, but in the meantime here's the demo:

-- link removed, look below --

And here's a request for all of you: if you film yourself playing this game with friends, I will draw portraits of all of you as onion-heads. This is a multiplayer game, guys!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 09:55:12 AM by miconazole » Logged

miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2010, 09:54:42 AM »

Actually disregard that, here's a slightly updated version with some minor bugfixes: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2907197/Tamanegi02.zip

tipp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2010, 10:04:07 AM »

Good job on this game. The graphics were very fun to watch. Unfortunatly I found it quite difficult, but I'll see how it plays when I round up some friends.
Oh, also, if possible, I'd love to see a fullscreen option.

miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 10:41:52 AM »

Yeah, I was a little torn on the difficulty. While testing it alone I turned off the collision events for two out of three onion heads and found it fairly easy. When I turned them on I found it impossible to finish (well maybe I could have, I didn't spend that much time trying). When I played with friends it took us 20 minutes to clear the level which seems excessive for such a small demo, though a good part of that was us adjusting to the controls. I might turn down the difficulty in the future, but for now it could be a good thing since it pads the play time a little (lol). In any case it is designed to be very difficult for a single player, so sorry :V

I uploaded a new version that lets you switch between screen modes with F4. Can't be bothered updating the version number, though I did squash a minor graphical bug while I was at it.

QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2010, 12:10:42 PM »

i manage to play 1 man but its really cramping having one hand on DHL and the other on SGK, so to mention they're crossed Tongue

Damn onion dude kept slapping the barrier
miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2010, 08:34:15 PM »

Guys, is the difficulty TOO ridiculous? I now find it pretty easy to beat it alone, but I fear I've fallen into the game creator's trap of thinking everything is a piece of cake due to having playtested everything a million times. I'd especially like to hear from anyone who has played this with others.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2010, 08:57:21 PM »

ya its pretty hard. but im playing by myself.

love the graphics and music/sound effects though.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2010, 03:29:31 AM »

Oh man this really came together well!
That title screen is like my favorite title screen of all time.

hi
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010, 12:01:42 AM »

Well done you! This game is absolutely delightful, and makes me feel happy even when I try to play it by myself.

|
Toadsanime
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »

Games looks absolutely stunning, I'll be sure to download it now and give it a go, even if I am on my own at the moment.

And if you're sticking to that offer of drawing people as onion-heads if they upload a video of them with friends playing the game, I'll definitely do that at some point.

Make it so the 3rd Onion still has a button, but instead of contributing it just does something silly, like give the horse a mustache or something.

I loved this idea, but of course I guess it's impossible now unless you randomly implement this anyway where a random button causes this to happen.
gingerbeardman
Level 0

#agbic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2010, 02:51:27 PM »

Really like the look.

Could do with more animation, and save points (I've struggled on and only got to the third hurdle!)

Good work, though.

Daily Driver for Playdate https://www.patreon.com/dailydriver
miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »

And if you're sticking to that offer of drawing people as onion-heads if they upload a video of them with friends playing the game, I'll definitely do that at some point.

Oh, I've already made good on that promise. If you send me a video I'll definitely draw you :V

And I guess that settles it, I'll tone down the difficulty in future releases. Sorry guys!

QuaziGNRLnose
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2010, 10:42:59 PM »

i dont think youve fallen into that trap, although maybe its because im used to playing games that do, *cough* NES&SNES 3rd party games *cough* and my own games.

i never really did enjoy games that are just a walk in the park, winning something frustrating makes it oh so much more enjoyable.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2010, 08:58:04 PM »

First of all, mighty charming graphics you got there. I imagine this game must be great fun with two buddies, but alas I don't have two buddies with me right now. I'll be sure to try and get an opportunity, though my friends don't tend to like this kind of game. Sad

I'm not sure you know, but you can jump 'over' the fence, or at least jump at the right time for all onions to avoid it, but it's sometimes impossible so I don't think that's an issue.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
miconazole
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2010, 08:24:41 AM »

Haha, yeah, I noticed that, though I was hoping no one else would. Sadly, one of my friends did... and you... and probably plenty of others too. Whoops. Right now the horse gets an additional speed boost when it begins to jump, and I'm getting rid of that in the future because it's annoying rocketing halfway across the screen every time you jump. Plus it makes clearing pits too easy, when the allowance for that is generous enough already. So hopefully this'll also make it impossible to simply jump the horse over barriers, otherwise I'll have to edit the sprites.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic