Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:31:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Father
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Father  (Read 2266 times)
Dan Lawrence
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2010, 11:09:05 PM »

You are all alone on station 24.

Developing notes

• My first TIG Source competition: blame Terry for rabble rousing at World of Love.
  • Going to try and use my own PC framework code and turn it towards something smaller.
  • Will probably be an exploration adventure type of thing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:20:23 AM by Dan Lawrence » Logged

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:34:10 PM »

This cover really caught my eye as well. I wish there was a higher-res version available.
smn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:23:16 AM »

You are all alone on station 24.

I WANT THIS. NOW.  Hand Shake Left Addicted Hand Shake Right
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:21:50 AM »

I wish there was a higher-res version available.

Yah, some of these are just too cool for low-res.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:24:50 AM »

We tried finding higher resolution pictures of some of these, without luck.

I think there was a flash that showed all carts in a fancy app, maybe in there it could be easier to see them.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Dan Lawrence
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 01:31:20 AM »

Spent yesterday repurposing code from my ongoing 3D strategy game project into something more conducive to being a framework for multiple games. I'm now pretty much there with an 'empty' game project, replete with basic graphic & sound options, ready for building Father into. To celebrate I made a new starfield like menu screen which you can see in the first post. The font used is 'astonish' which I found via Font Squirrel. It'll probably end up being the final menu screen since there is only a month to do everything.

I've pretty much decided to go for a top down perspective, 2D, tile based look for the game proper so I'm going to spend the rest of the week building the code to make that possible in my framework.

Dan Lawrence
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 05:30:04 AM »

Things have progressed a little, I have a simple editor for placing tiles, objects, collision and for attaching interaction 'scripts' to the objects. My test case interactable object has been a sliding door but hopefully the system is now flexible enough that I can add new objects to fiddle with.

I've also added in a 'fog of war' mechanic so the game levels are initially shrouded in darkness and are uncovered as you explore.

Player movement is really clunky at the minute - tile by tile. I might not have enough time to make it smoother, as that throws in lots more stuff to think about, but ideally it would be more like in the early GTA games.

The main focus now is to add some more interactive objects to hopefully build up something approaching a puzzle. I need to add some sound too and some interactive text dialogue. I also need to get cracking in GIMP to make more backround junk that looks space-stationy.

Screenshot in the first post again.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic