Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 02:50:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Space Funk Hunter [FINISHED (beta-version)]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Space Funk Hunter [FINISHED (beta-version)]  (Read 10867 times)
Canute
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 10:50:49 PM »

Ok, thanks for telling. I will play-test it later today and fix things.

EDIT: It seems that it is working as it should on my computer at least. If you have reached the skeleton then you're on your way. He can be defeated by:
SPOILER: jump over his head and hit him in the back. He will stop for a while after you've jumped over him and there's your chance

If that still doesn't fix the problem, let me know!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 09:28:51 AM by Canute » Logged
miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 11:34:08 PM »

I played for a while but had to stop because I lost the bongos when I died. Also, if your health drops to zero you can stay alive indefinitely by spamming attack (you can't do anything useful, but still...)

☠️
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 04:25:17 PM »

There's little regarding indie games that pisses me off more then having to use task manager to exit some kid's game. Escape is generally used for this purpose!

Other then that I liked how large the game felt -- at the same time, however, it appears rather bare...if you choose to continue it, throw in a way to exit the game and whip up a few more environment tiles. You can do much with suprisingly few tiles.

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 09:40:53 PM »

For an exploration-based game like this to stay interesting, more emphasis needs to be placed on creative level design. The graphics, in addition to having some poor color choices (like oversaturated backgrounds), were very repetitive. Outside of the town, I didn't encounter a single visual that grabbed my attention. The complete lack of audio hurt this game immensely. And the gameplay for each area was all pretty much the same- basic platforming peppered with a few slow combat encounters.

For a game like this to work, players need to be constantly excited to find out what they will encounter next. Without this, there's no motivation to continue to play.

You need to make every area memorable.

Also, my screen flashed every time I changed areas or died. That was annoying.

I realize this is still a beta, so I apologize if this criticism seems harsh. But these are the areas you'll need to improve if you want to continue working on this game.

guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »

This is promising, I like this kind of games, so I hope it gets completed someday. I got no in-game audio, despite all the mp3 files you bundled with the game. I'll keep an eye on this,  for now it is too 'beta' for me to really have an opinion, but could turn out to be a good game.  Gentleman Also, semi-penis shaped buildings are a big hell no.  Ninja

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic