Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:26:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Secrecy [Don't bother looking]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Secrecy [Don't bother looking]  (Read 5977 times)
Saker
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:41:03 AM »

Secrecy

Description

Not sure yet but It will be an RPG a maze game   , cause I want to make one Huh?:

Your mission is to uncover the truth behind a secret society that pulls the strings of our world.
You've to solve mazes set up by that mysterious organization, an Unidentified black shadow creep throw flaming eyeballs at you. Just as you reveal the mystery of the organization by catching the creep at the end of every level , by using creative methods of torturing you extract enough Information to keep you going .

I'm planning to have two modes in the game , one for solving mazes and the other for torturing the creep by sticking things you've collected up his ass .... in a creative way . Gentleman

Inspired by

Download
Hand Any KeyPanda

How to play
Hand Pencil Panda
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 05:44:24 PM by Saker » Logged
Strom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:54:02 AM »

Sounds interesting...

See my Assemblee 2009 2D and 3D work Here. My A Game By Its Cover compo entry Journal of Shikoku.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »

Who, Me?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Saker
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:15:10 PM »

Ok , I won't be able to work on this one until I finish my Action 52 game , and till then I'll think of a story .. Maybe I should start with picking up one of those guys : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Freemasons .
I've something kinda humorous\funny in mind , with a few "hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" references maybe .
So , Don't expect something too serious .

Bye

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 03:25:26 PM »

This one caught my eye as well, and I also thought it should be a humorous game! Great luck.
Jonathan Whiting
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »

This sounds like something that could extremely easily get waaaay over ambitious for a month(ish) competition.

That said, it also sounds like it has the potential to be really very cool too.

Saker
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 08:03:07 AM »

This sounds like something that could extremely easily get waaaay over ambitious for a month(ish) competition.
Yeah , To be honest that's what worries me most , but I won't give up until the deadline Cool
Sensenmann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 08:56:19 AM »

If I were you Saker, on this whole ambitiousness thing, is to find an idea which is centric around a mechanic or a few mechanics, so that when they have been developed, then whether you get a level, or twenty done, the concept still exists and can be picked up another day. A fine example of this is Portal. A very fine example indeed.  Smiley
Saker
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 10:37:30 AM »

If I were you Saker, on this whole ambitiousness thing, is to find an idea which is centric around a mechanic or a few mechanics, so that when they have been developed, then whether you get a level, or twenty done, the concept still exists and can be picked up another day. A fine example of this is Portal. A very fine example indeed.  Smiley
Lol , I see what you did there my dear friend :D , This Idea is more based on the story and the funny bits rather than the gameplay , I guess Tongue , Still haven't decided yet though .

I feel like Dan Brown would like to write a story for this
He's already done that , in his latest piece of fART , "The Lost Symbol"
Sensenmann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »

Lol , I see what you did there my dear friend :D , This Idea is more based on the story and the funny bits rather than the gameplay , I guess Tongue , Still haven't decided yet though .

If you think I was posting this after, as a reference to a convo, then ironically, I thought you'd read the post and were referring to it in the convo (the post came first btw Smiley).

The easily mechanic centric titles are the singular (non-collective) nouns, such as The Third Eye.
Saker
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 09:57:48 PM »

This is nothing :

Since I've been kicked out of the A52O thing , I'll be having enough time to work on this one ... few changes made ... and It will be in THREEDEEH
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:04:19 PM by Saker » Logged
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 04:20:17 PM »

This is nothing :

Lies. I see something there. It's a screenshot, with some walls, a tree, and a strange person thing. That is definitely something.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Saker
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 02:59:12 AM »

@ Melly : It's an Illusion ...  Huh?

anyway ... there's been a lot of changes ... now the secret society seeks the holy carrot ... the hard part is done .... hopefully I'll finish it before the deadline

I don't know how things turned out to be like this ...  Facepalm .... Cannabis‏ FTW
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 12:24:40 PM »

Haha, that certainly looks... interesting! Grin

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Saker
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 05:03:44 AM »

Ummmm .... Tomorrow ... maybe ... for now .... this is something :-
A main menu , I stole the idea from one of Alec's tutorials

Welcome to carrotland , where everything make sense .... for rabbits

let's take a photo with the holy pyramid for the family album

Honestly I don't know how things happened , one special night and the next morning I found rabbits ... well .... I've always pictured rabbits as mysterious creatures/aliens ... 
Saker
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 05:42:53 PM »

As expected , I failed miserably ... well, I didn't invest much time in this (yeah , I can't face the fact that I suck) ... anyway ...

Web :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9047337/Secrecy/Secrecy.html
Download (ain't worth it) :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9047337/Secrecy.rar

me finishing it is possible , just If somebody wants me to finish that crap ...
deathtotheweird
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 06:19:22 PM »

shame you didn't finish it. graphics are pretty good (but a bit shiny) and I really liked the pyramid.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 07:23:09 PM »

Will you work on this post-compo? Grin

hi
Saker
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »

Yes , And there will be giraffes .... as they feel envious of rabbits

I hope I can finish that sucker by the end of this week .....
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 07:34:11 PM »

Sir, you are speaking my language. Gentleman

hi
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic