Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:39:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] LBFFAJBC [Finished]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] LBFFAJBC [Finished]  (Read 10890 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 07:58:45 PM »

Alright, tried this out for a while.

The handling of the jetbike is a little better than I remembered, though still a bit unwieldy. I'm not sure how exactly to explain it.

You should add something to the ground that would make depth perception easier. It's not too bad for me, but it's a little difficult to judge your distance to the ground most of the time. Small props or textures that make it more obvious when you're far or close to the ground would help against this problem, I believe.

God bless incompetent law enforcement. Tongue I just need to bop a mouse's head and they ignore me. Lazy dogs.

The models and overall game visuals are neat, but also somewhat underwhelming. I know the competition time constraints would make making better graphics more difficult, but I feel the game could use some graphical improvements and more diverse terrain.

Bopping the mouses' heads works fairly well and I didn't have much problem with that besides the depth perception one.

Sound could also use a little more work. The engine sound for your jetbike gets pretty grating very quickly, and the lack of any music reduces how 'pumped' I'd be to torment those innocent rodents. Tongue I do like the voices though. Is that your kid or little sister or something like that?

You should make sure that the Invert Y-axis option stays the same way you left it when you return to the menu, because most people aren't gonna check before heading onto the next stage.

Overall a nice effort. Beer!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 08:28:19 PM »

Thanks Melly

The voice is actually a friend's daughter. He did the sound effects including talking his daughter into singing the song.

I tried to add some particle effects under the driver to make the ground more visible but the camera angle doesn't show them very well. Perhaps some tweaks to the chase camera will fix this. Unfortunately I don't have the full version of Unity to do drop shadows with.

The dogs will only chase you if they "see" you holding a mouse. They "see" by checking the angle offset from their forward vector to the them to you vector. Their field of view is currently set to a 120 degree cone.

Sorry about the lack of art. I spent most of my contest time tweaking the flight and grappling hook code, and I am still not satisfied with it.

I'm glad you enjoyed tormenting the rodents.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 05:18:26 AM »

This is cute, bizarre and funny in a kind of monty python way. The controls are a little unwieldy, but it's not a deal breaker. The levels are very sparse though, I would have liked to have had some scenery to bop the mice into. Good work.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic