Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:23:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its CoverCollaboration request/offer thread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Collaboration request/offer thread  (Read 4823 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2010, 10:38:50 AM »

This here thread is for participants looking for collaborations, and for non-participants willing to offer their skills. Advertise yourselves!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Galaxy613
Level 1

10,000 Lightyears of Awesome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 11:12:49 AM »

Before you just hunting down someone to collab with, you may want to puruse the results of Assemblee Part 1. All graphics, music, and sound effects are under a Creative Commons license. So as long as you aren't intending to sell your AGBIC game, you can use them for your game!

If you weren't part of assemblee, I can tell you personally there was A LOT of quaility submissions, over 70 games were made with those materials. Just please give credit where it's due.

[ Quest! ] A new year, with new possibilities. [ Follow me on Twitter! ]
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 11:40:30 AM »

If anyone would be keen on working on some sound effects and music for my entry I would be most appreciative!   My Word!  Promise Ill finish!  Need some dreamy chiptunes type stuff, If I had to describe it in one line a secret of mana type cheery vibe, maybe a little bit of mp3, and a ton of atmospheric drones!  Pm me or post on the thread http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=13394.0 .
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:46:30 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 02:31:18 AM »

Fair enough. I could use a good diversion, as well as a simple-to-produce, fun title.

DESIGN SUGGESTION:
Side-oriented, competitive PvP Galaga style game. PM me for further details.

COLLABORATION REQUESTED:
Artwork (Cover, Sprites, Backgrounds) and Sound (Music, SFX); programming would be greatly helpful too (especially in Flash or Java, to make this web-based), but if all else fails, I'm sure I can GM it.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 02:51:14 AM »

So what would you be doing in that 'collab'?
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »

It does seem like you're asking a lot baconman.

Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 02:55:40 PM »

The team Wild Ambitions consisting of two experienced C++ programmers making the turn-based strategy game ACUTEWAR (thread here) are looking for graphic artists that want to help with unit and/or map tile images. We have big ambitions for just a month's coding with this game so you'd be helping with a good cause! Smiley

Our programmer art sorta sucks so help would be really, really appreciated! :nudge: :nudge:

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 06:41:07 PM »

Well, as I said, I could GM it, the coding for a project like that doesn't seem like it'd be that hard; and I'd be willing to do a lot of the conceptual art/work too, I'd mostly just need the help polishing it up. I have some limited SFX built up, but if need be I can make those work, too. The cover, bg's, and BGM are things I'd need a hand with, however.

Only reason I would request a Flash/Java supporter would be to make it conveniently web-based instead of downloadable. Shrug

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »

I'm looking for a musician to help make some sexy noises for RUINS: Psycholler Action Team (link to devlog in my sig.)

Ideally, the music needed would be a couple bits, each indicative of a different styles:

Some muted ambient stuff for quiet exploration and grim scenes,
Some industrial/electronic/gnashy stuff for battles and tense scenes,
and some haunting choral stuff for cutscenes and instances of bizarre religious symbolism.

If any musician would be willing to help me with any of this, that would be really fantastic, and I would put your name on the title screen and in the credits and you would get an enemy named after you  Grin

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
idoru
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »

Some muted ambient stuff for quiet exploration and grim scenes,
Some industrial/electronic/gnashy stuff for battles and tense scenes,
and some haunting choral stuff for cutscenes and instances of bizarre religious symbolism.

I'm quite new here and unfortunately don't have any sample music online, but this is pretty much right up my alley. I'd be happy to help out.

What kind of sound are you looking for? Since you mention choral parts, I assume you don't want the 8-bit stuff. Do you prefer some sort of module format (I'm most experienced with IT but can do others if necessary), or a compressed format (MP3, etc.)?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 12:47:20 PM »

Well, I'm coding in Flash, so I'm limited to .mp3.
So whatever you're best with, so long as in the end it can be encoded to .mp3 without much loss (yeah, .mp3, no loss, pipe dream, but what can you do.)

Feel free to shoot me a PM, I don't really have specific needs in terms of specific songs I need (still constructing levels) but I can give you an idea of what I'm looking for in terms of general style.

AUST
damien
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 09:44:56 PM »

I'm looking for someone to do 80s pixel art style sprites for my music/exploration game called BOOM BOX:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=13665.0

If anybody is keen to make some Jams for it, I'd be happy to hear some of that, too. I'll be using the iPhone app Nanoloop to make all my Jams, to give you an idea of the aesthetic.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 11:28:33 AM »

Well, I'm coding in Flash, so I'm limited to .mp3.

You can import WAV files from within a separate SWF in AS3. You will need the Flash IDE to create the SWF and import the WAV files into it, though.

Why it has to work that way and why can't the Embed tag also embed WAVs directly? Ask Adobe. It's been this way for a long while and it seems unlikely to be fixed soon, if they even consider it something that should be fixed.

It's probably just a not-do-subtle way to try and push the Flash IDE onto people wanting to make Flash stuff without (too many) headaches.

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 09:08:53 AM »

Actually, Flash converts that WAV file to MP3 or whatever in the process of compiling, so you're not actually getting full quality.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 10:25:04 AM »

Still, it doesn't add the silence at the end and start of the files, which allows for seamless looping, unlike when you have to embed an MP3 directly through AS3.

The Embed tag on AS3 is just a big piece of shit anyway. It even has trouble embedding some fonts, like randomly applying anti-aliasing to pixel fonts at random. Randomly.

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 10:43:30 AM »

Why is this in the AGBIC forum?

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »

AGBIC collab request thread.

AUST
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 06:18:33 PM »

Well duh.

Durr...?

Dinner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 04:33:47 AM »

Amateur composer, looking for experience, made music for commercial use before, can use Sibelius.

Samples can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?na7l5uib14d7xie
Contact me with this e-mail address: [email protected]
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic