Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:12:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] Star Cats IV (The other one)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] Star Cats IV (The other one)  (Read 1821 times)
deps
Level 0

OMG LOL BBQ ERT!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »

(Looks like I'm not the only one who makes this one...)

"In Star Cats IV you have to return to the Feline Galaxy to save it from the Evil Mice Empire. This is a 8 bit shooter where you control a spaceship through 8 levels full of enemies, explosions and tuna fish!"

I'm following this pretty close, but with some extra stuff here and there. For example I have borrowed bits from Starfox/Starwing, and will try to add some arcade feel to it.

I have a ship that can switch weapons, I have asteroids to shoot at, NPC players that "helps" you, and the basics of the level system is there and working nicely. And it's only been 24 hours, or something. Good luck to everyone else!  Beer!

Hex editing reality to bring back _why
deps
Level 0

OMG LOL BBQ ERT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 12:11:06 PM »

It's progressing well. Not much to show yet, because most of the code deals with stuff behind the curtains.
I will post a proper picture once I have some more enemy types implemented and lots of different bullets and eyecandy!  Hand Metal Right

Stumbled upon some kind of evil voodoo bug that makes the game crash. Not just crash like any old crash. I'm writing this in blitzmax so when it crashes the IDE shows me on what line it did, and lets me poke around in a simple stacktrace. But this crash crashes so hard that the IDE thinks the game ended normally, while OSX displays the Report-Crash-To-Apple dialog. 
My Word!
If I run GDB on it it mentions something about the garbage collector, so maybe I have to take this to the support over at Blitz Reseach...

Hex editing reality to bring back _why
MysticSi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:08:28 PM »

sounds like a cool game, hope you can get the bug sorted out.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic